ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time to Apply my wife passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Beerh123
Newly Registered

Time to Apply my wife passport

Post by Beerh123 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:16 pm

Hi Every one. I need some help plez. My wife came in ireland as das a dependent visa. I mean on stamp 3. That time i had a stamp 4. Now i got my irish citizenship. Soon i ill go to GNIB to change her stamp to 4. My question is that when wife is eligible to apply her irish citizenship.?? Dose thay include stamp 3 and stamp 4 or??

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Time to Apply my wife passport

Post by max307 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:27 pm

Enter her details below and see if she qualifies based on her Stamps 3 and future Stamp 4.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Na ... Calculator
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Beerh123
Newly Registered

Post by Beerh123 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:39 pm

Thank Max 307. I ask to my friend he said u have to wait for 5 year cause she entered in this state as a dependent. My wife was was on stamp 3 just only 5 month. After that she is on stamp 4 now as independent of irish citizen. I m bit worry Dose she need to apply her citizenship from stamp 4 i mean after 3 years since she got stamp 4. Plez reply me with good answers

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:46 pm

The requirements are clearly explained below.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP ... 2#marriage

If she is applying based on her marriage to an Irish citizen (you in this case) I don’t see anywhere that mentions about her initial dependent stamp in the country.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Tue May 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi Beerh123
In plain language if your wife holding stamp 3 and it's a reconable residency..being married to you and if her stamp length is 3 years she is eligible for applying citizenship..
Her application is based on married to an Irish..
So stamp 3 or stamp 4 both is reconable residency..
I believe she already eligible for her citizenship.
Just use residency calculator...once you put the stamp dates it will tell you clearly if she already eligible or how long she has to wait..
Any more info you need and I know ..happy to help..
God luck with ur wife application..
Keep us posted