ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk visit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Michel159
Newly Registered
Ireland

Uk visit

Post by Michel159 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:21 pm

Hi everybody
If anybody could help me with this .my wife is irish citizen and i am on a stamp 4 visa .we are plannig to visit uk for week .so i am wondring do i have to apply for uk visit visa or i can travel with my wife.please any help will be appriciated .thanks

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Uk visit

Post by max307 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:31 pm

Michel159 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:21 pm
Hi everybody
If anybody could help me with this .my wife is irish citizen and i am on a stamp 4 visa .we are plannig to visit uk for week .so i am wondring do i have to apply for uk visit visa or i can travel with my wife.please any help will be appriciated .thanks
You didn't mention your current nationality so I'm assuming you are a visa required national to the UK.

Yes, you will need to apply for a visa. If you had a Stamp 4 EUFAM and travelling with your EU citizen spouse you wouldn't need to apply for a UK visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Uk visit

Post by littlerr » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:56 pm

You need a visa.

Only Stamp 4EUFAM can travel without a visa if they are accompanied by their spouse.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... dence-card

There are clear examples:
For example, a non-EEA spouse of a German national living in Germany will usually hold a residence permit issued under German domestic law. Therefore, a United Kingdom EEA family permit is required for travel and entry to the UK.

A non-EEA spouse of a German national living and working in France will usually hold a residence card issued by the French authorities under EU law. Therefore a United Kingdom issued EEA family permit is not required for travel and entry to the UK.