ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Venezuelan longterm GF joining me in Ireland, I am EU

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SlavAlmighty
Newly Registered
Mood:
Croatia

Venezuelan longterm GF joining me in Ireland, I am EU

Post by SlavAlmighty » Tue May 04, 2021 2:18 pm

Hi I found myself in a tricky situation.

My long term girlfriend went back to Venezuela to take care of her mother(we met in spain).
Now we are trying to find a way to get her to Ireland.
I am not against us even getting married just to make the whole process easier.

Now situation in Venezuela is that the closest Irish embassy is in Brazil/Mexico. But I think if we apply for somekind of visa she will need to send her documents to Mexico.

She is actually afraid to send her documents as passports are very valuable asset to have in Venezuela. Is there a way to avoid sending documents to Mexico and maybe have her fly to Spain/Portugal (no Visa needed). Then get married and then at last try to fly to Dublin. Will she be refused to board the plane to Ireland? Or I was even thinking to drive a car and get onto the ferry and then just get her inside the country.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Venezuelan longterm GF joining me in Ireland, I am EU

Post by Obie » Tue May 11, 2021 8:12 pm

She cannot just come on the ferry, as Venezuela national citizens need visa to enter Ireland.

You will need to apply visa for her after she enters Spain. Once your marriage is over of course.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

SlavAlmighty
Newly Registered
Mood:
Croatia

Post by SlavAlmighty » Thu May 13, 2021 10:22 am

I noticed that Venezuelan citizen do not need transit Visa. Idea is for her to travel to Caracas > Madrid. And we will take the ferry to Ireland then fly from Dublin to Croatia (she doesnt need visa for Croatia). My question is will she be allowed to enter Ireland providing all the documents (flights and documents supporting that I will support her financially) then we will fly to croatia)?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu May 13, 2021 12:24 pm

As Obie mentioned, she needs a visa. She will not be allowed to board the ferry. Even if she somehow manages to board it, she will not be allowed to enter the country and will most likely be deported right away.

I don’t understand the logic either. Why so much hassle to get to Croatia? Why not just flying from Caracas to Dubrovnik? A SkyScanner search shows a lot of feasible flights with in-terminal transit which will not require a visa.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu May 13, 2021 1:02 pm

The 1st bet is correct, she will not be able to enter the ferry. If she does enter Irish shores then it is a different matter, as under EU law, Ireland cannot deport her if she is a family of an EU citizen and is accompanying that EU citizen.

Unlike the Juxtapost system between UK and EU when UK was part of EU, and EU family member without visa can seek entry at Calais, I am not sure similar arrangements exist with Ireland.

She will need to secure a visa to prevent disruption to her travel plans.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu May 13, 2021 2:54 pm

Obie wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:02 pm
The 1st bet is correct, she will not be able to enter the ferry. If she does enter Irish shores then it is a different matter, as under EU law, Ireland cannot deport her if she is a family of an EU citizen and is accompanying that EU citizen.

Unlike the Juxtapost system between UK and EU when UK was part of EU, and EU family member without visa can seek entry at Calais, I am not sure similar arrangements exist with Ireland.

She will need to secure a visa to prevent disruption to her travel plans.
She's not a family member - not yet, and it would be hard to prove they are durable partners without a marriage certificate.

The other bit I don't understand is why OP wants to travel to Croatia after arriving in Ireland? I thought the whole purpose is to get her to Ireland? Not getting into Ireland and then fly from Dublin to Croatia?

If she doesn't need a visa to travel to Croatia (or Spain/Portugal as the OP previously mentioned), why not just flying there, getting married there and then flying back?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu May 13, 2021 2:58 pm

Well I am proceeding on the basis that a marriage will be taking place before the move to Ireland, as indicated in his post.

SlavAlmighty
Newly Registered
Mood:
Croatia

Post by SlavAlmighty » Mon May 17, 2021 9:42 am

littlerr wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 2:54 pm

If she doesn't need a visa to travel to Croatia (or Spain/Portugal as the OP previously mentioned), why not just flying there, getting married there and then flying back?
Are you saying if we get married then fly to Ireland she will not be refused entry to the country?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon May 17, 2021 10:08 am

That’s what Obie said. Not me.
1. She is very likely to be refused boarding without an Irish visa.
2. If she does somehow manage to get to the Irish border by plane or ferry, that’s when the immigration officer has the final say on this. They cannot deny her entry on the sole basis that she doesn’t have a visa, but it is a bit risky.

RealSlavAlmighty
Newly Registered
Croatia

Post by RealSlavAlmighty » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:22 pm

real SLAV advice. Go to Venezuela be a man and marry her there, please do not embarrass slav name in the future.
IF you are really in longterm relationship you should have thought about it way earlier 8) 8)

And speaking slav to slav please do not use that username almost costed me big time :evil: :evil: :evil:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:49 pm

RealSlavAlmighty wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:22 pm
real SLAV advice. Go to Venezuela be a man and marry her there, please do not embarrass slav name in the future.
IF you are really in longterm relationship you should have thought about it way earlier 8) 8)

And speaking slav to slav please do not use that username almost costed me big time :evil: :evil: :evil:
Why have you registered a second username? Multiple usernames re strictly prohibited in the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.