ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i appl for provisional license if i am a asylum seeker?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

khany98
Newly Registered

Can i appl for provisional license if i am a asylum seeker?

Post by khany98 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:20 pm

I wanted to know If I could apply for a provisional licence, I lived in the UK for almost 3 years and claimed asylum on the 19th December 2012, I am 17 years old and I wanted to know If I had a chance to apply for it and what documentation is needed.
Thanks

noajthan

Re: Can i appl for provisional license if i am a asylum seek

Post by noajthan » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:19 pm

khany98 wrote:I wanted to know If I could apply for a provisional licence, I lived in the UK for almost 3 years and claimed asylum on the 19th December 2012, I am 17 years old and I wanted to know If I had a chance to apply for it and what documentation is needed.
Thanks
Any applicant for a UK provisional driver's license needs adequate proof of identity.
See https://www.gov.uk/id-for-driving-licence

And be aware this HO guidance states:
As an asylum applicant you are not entitled to apply to the DVLA for a UK driving licence and you should not send your application registration card (ARC) to the DVLA to obtain a driving licence. Additionally, access to or ownership of a vehicle may affect your asylum support application or ongoing support payments
Ref: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 141003.pdf
- see page 23
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.