ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paying USA Freelance Taxes in US or UK?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cloudhorse
Newly Registered
United States of America

Paying USA Freelance Taxes in US or UK?

Post by cloudhorse » Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:36 pm

I wonder if anyone has freelance income from the US that they pay tax on to the IRS rather than recording it on HMRC Self-Assessment to avoid double taxation and to pay MUCH LESS tax on that income. In my case, it is only $5000 for the year, as the rest of my income is from Social Security which I do pay UK tax on. Many thanks for any advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Paying USA Freelance Taxes in US or UK?

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:50 pm

You should find a tax forum to ask these questions as they are not immigration related, which is for immigration related questions only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.