ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport renewal no VFS appointment before passport expiry!

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

trawlerme
Mood:

Indian Passport renewal no VFS appointment before passport expiry!

Post by trawlerme » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:41 pm

A bit of strange request.

Passport expires in the last week of November. We have already submitted the form which I believe asks a question whether the passport is in date or out of date.

Anyway, appointments are not available before expiry. We have booked one in the last week of December.

Has anyone gone thorough this before?
Do we have to submit another application before appointment saying the passport has already expired?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Indian Passport renewal no VFS appointment before passport expiry!

Post by dontringthebell » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:38 pm

trawlerme wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:41 pm
A bit of strange request.

Passport expires in the last week of November. We have already submitted the form which I believe asks a question whether the passport is in date or out of date.

Anyway, appointments are not available before expiry. We have booked one in the last week of December.

Has anyone gone thorough this before?
Do we have to submit another application before appointment saying the passport has already expired? Don't worry just carry on with the appointment. It'll be fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

albert_rajan
Newly Registered

Re: Indian Passport renewal no VFS appointment before passport expiry!

Post by albert_rajan » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:25 pm

Hello all,

I am an Indian National living in the UK with an ILR. My Indian passport is expiring in Dec 2021 and I am in the process of renewing the passport. I have a couple of questions which I will be very grateful if someone can answer:

1. Given my time in th UK and since my primary address is also UK, can I not put the UK address to be printed on the passport? I do not have any recent address proofs to show my Indian address
2. If I can put the UK address, what kind of proofs do they expect? Tenancy agreement, Mortgage letter, Bank Statements etc?
3. Can I submit this as a Tatkal application since we want to visit India for Dec holidays? If yes, any suggestions on the reasons?
4. What additional documents do I need for a "Tatkal" application?

Appreciate any help in this.

TIA,
Albert