ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI documents

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anandb
Newly Registered
India

OCI documents

Post by anandb » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:03 pm

Hi,

I have recently taken British Citizenship and surrendered my Indian Passport. Now going for OCI application tomorrow. I am submitting the following documents -
1. Current Passport: British Passport + Naturalisation Certificate
2. Employment: Reference Letter + Payslip (I know it is either but I got both)
3. Indian origin proof: Indian Passport + Surrender Certificate
4. Marriage Certificate (as my wife is applying for OCI at the same time as me having surrendered her Indian PP)

Do I need to submit any utility bills for address proof? While the VFS site doesn't mention that, it has a HCI London link that includes this. If required, then which section do I upload this in? With employment? https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/docs/16019 ... 102020.pdf

Appreciate your quick responses.
Thank you,
Anand

xebec
Australia

Re: OCI documents

Post by xebec » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:37 am

How did you go with the documents?

anandb
Newly Registered
India

Post by anandb » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:07 am

It went well. I was asked for an address proof as well, so thankfully had water and electricity bills. The only mistake was that I had carried only 1 pre-paid self addressed envelope / application but they want 2 envelopes per application, and therefore was charged £12.50 for each courier + service charge.

Based on the upload section requirements, I have mentioned the submitted docs below-

1. Current Passport: British Passport + Naturalisation Certificate
2. Employment: Reference Letter + Payslip + Electricity/Water Bill (2 different bills for me and my wife's application)
3. Indian origin proof: Indian Passport (Front Page + Last Page) + Surrender Certificate
4. Marriage Certificate (as my wife is applying for OCI at the same time as me having surrendered her Indian PP)
5. Additional documents required to be carried to VFS centre - (a) Appointment letters (b) 2 pre-paid self addressed envelopes per application

Helpful tips:
1. I combined the pdf files into 1 single doc for upload and reduced the final pdf size to ensure it was within the prescribed 1MB limit. So, ultimately had 4 pdf files (current passport/indian origin proof/employment/marriage certificate) to upload.
2. You are required to submit either employer reference letter or payslip - I submitted both. The payslip had my home address on it, so I was told that could have served as an address proof too. I had also attached electricity bill.
3. If you have forgotten to upload any document, I was told at the VFS centre that I could still upload the document on the same day after reaching home. It wasn't required by me.
4. Not that it matters so much, I found the Hounslow VFS centre to be very friendly - the reception desk answered several queries of applicants and I was in and out in 45 mins. This compared to the Goswell Road centre where I had to spend 2.5 hrs for my surrender certificate submission.

Cinna
Newly Registered

Post by Cinna » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:41 pm

Hi AnandB,

I hope you are well. Please can you help answer my query in this thread?
other-countries/oci-and-british-passpor ... 09029.html

Many thanks,
Cinna.