ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Post Reply
ps1234
Junior Member
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:54 am

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by ps1234 » Wed May 18, 2022 12:44 pm

Kishorep81 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:30 pm
Hi All,

I will be surrendering my Indian passport on 9th May and also I have an OCI appointment on 7th Jun. But I need to travel to India mid June. My questions below:

1. Can I get the surrender certificate and apply OCI in India?
2. Or can I apply OCI here and while it is in progress can I travel to India via tourist visa?

Looking forward for your suggestion from this group.

Thanks
Kishore
Both are possible - however, you need to be assured of your surrender certificate arriving by 7th or 9th June.

For 2: if your surrender certificate arrives in time, you can apply for your OCI and travel to India on a tourist visa (you'll need to get an appointment for tourist visa between now and atleast 5 days before your OCI appointment - to allow for your British passport to be returned in time for the OCI appt).

bhargavi1234
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 18, 2022 1:30 pm

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by bhargavi1234 » Wed May 18, 2022 1:36 pm

Hi,

Have you got your OCI? We applied on 7 April. It is processed on May 13, still waiting for OCI.

Thanks
Bhargavi
jameswilliamson6544 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 3:11 pm
Posting timeline for a family member (applied from within UK):
VFS appointment: 05 Apr 2022
Acknowledgment London: 08 Apr 2022
Document Processed (New Delhi): 29 Apr 2022
No other update as of 6pm IST, Monday 2 May 2022.

Based on above timelines, when can I expect to receive OCI.?
I have provided Royal Mail special delivery envelope as part of application for return of OCI.

User avatar
mesn
Member of Standing
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:59 pm
Mood:

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by mesn » Wed May 18, 2022 6:01 pm

ps1234 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 12:44 pm
Kishorep81 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:30 pm
Hi All,

I will be surrendering my Indian passport on 9th May and also I have an OCI appointment on 7th Jun. But I need to travel to India mid June. My questions below:

1. Can I get the surrender certificate and apply OCI in India?
2. Or can I apply OCI here and while it is in progress can I travel to India via tourist visa?

Looking forward for your suggestion from this group.

Thanks
Kishore
Both are possible - however, you need to be assured of your surrender certificate arriving by 7th or 9th June.

For 2: if your surrender certificate arrives in time, you can apply for your OCI and travel to India on a tourist visa (you'll need to get an appointment for tourist visa between now and atleast 5 days before your OCI appointment - to allow for your British passport to be returned in time for the OCI appt).
Option 1 is not possible. One would need the Indian passport or a Visa/OCI to enter India.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

baldude
Junior Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:09 pm

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by baldude » Wed May 18, 2022 6:31 pm

Hello,
I am after some advise on OCI, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Could of the kids with British passport and OCi had recently renewed their passport. Now we have been told that OCI miscellaneous form should be filled to get the OCI transferred to renewed pp. Kids are minor one being 5 and another being 11. Now after filling part 1, when it comes to uploading it asks for signature of the applicant.
Are both 5 and 11 year old should sign? 5 yo barely writes their name and 11 yo isn't there with their sign.

Have any parents recently renewed kids PPs and for the ocis transferred? If so could they help? Thanks

User avatar
mesn
Member of Standing
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:59 pm
Mood:

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by mesn » Thu May 19, 2022 1:22 pm

baldude wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 6:31 pm
Hello,
I am after some advise on OCI, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Could of the kids with British passport and OCi had recently renewed their passport. Now we have been told that OCI miscellaneous form should be filled to get the OCI transferred to renewed pp. Kids are minor one being 5 and another being 11. Now after filling part 1, when it comes to uploading it asks for signature of the applicant.
Are both 5 and 11 year old should sign? 5 yo barely writes their name and 11 yo isn't there with their sign.

Have any parents recently renewed kids PPs and for the ocis transferred? If so could they help? Thanks
Just the name would do. They expect 5Y old to sign but that's not very practical.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

chavachows3
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed May 04, 2022 2:51 pm

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by chavachows3 » Thu May 19, 2022 6:08 pm

Hi Guys

I am planning to apply for my wife's visa. Can you please help me with the following questions?

She recently got British Passport and surrender of Indian passport is under process. I already got British Passport and OCI in 2016

Q1. For 'Is spouse based application' I said no. Is this correct?

Q2. She is working in IT. If the employer gives employee reference letter through email attachment, if I take the printed copy of this, is this ok? I hope it should not be printed and signed by HR and sent to us in Post?

Q3. After I filled spouse related question with my details, there is a question saying -Relationship to Root Indian, I answered 'Self'. Is this right?


Thanks in Advance!

User avatar
mesn
Member of Standing
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:59 pm
Mood:

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by mesn » Fri May 20, 2022 12:27 pm

chavachows3 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:08 pm
Hi Guys

I am planning to apply for my wife's visa. Can you please help me with the following questions?

She recently got British Passport and surrender of Indian passport is under process. I already got British Passport and OCI in 2016

Q1. For 'Is spouse based application' I said no. Is this correct?

Q2. She is working in IT. If the employer gives employee reference letter through email attachment, if I take the printed copy of this, is this ok? I hope it should not be printed and signed by HR and sent to us in Post?

Q3. After I filled spouse related question with my details, there is a question saying -Relationship to Root Indian, I answered 'Self'. Is this right?


Thanks in Advance!
1 : Correct
2 : Print of soft copy would do. I downloaded mine from my Company's HR portal and it was accepted.
3 : Yes as she had an Indian passport in past.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

chavachows3
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed May 04, 2022 2:51 pm

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by chavachows3 » Fri May 20, 2022 2:09 pm

Thank you so much for your reply.

chavachows3
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed May 04, 2022 2:51 pm

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by chavachows3 » Fri May 20, 2022 3:56 pm

Hi @mesn

Couple of more questions if you do not mind please

For my wife's application the documents to upload would be the following, please add comments if I am missing something

CURRENT PASSPORT - (I uploaded British Passport)
EMPLOYMENT LETTER - (Reference letter from employer)
INDIAN ORIGIN PROOF - (Old Indian Passport - both front and back page)
INDIAN VISA - (Not sure what goes here, We sent the ILR card back to Home Office after receiving
naturalisation certificate)
MARRIAGE CERTFICATE (During upload it is said, this is only if the applicant is applying on the basis of Spouse
OCI, I uploaded the scanned copy anyway)
PIO CARD - (Not applicable in our case)
RELATIONSHIP CERTIFCATE - (Not sure how it is different from marriage certificate above)
SPOUSE OCI CARD - (I uploaded my OCI card photo)

How long I have time to upload and reupload the supporting doc?

Also when we got to VFS, apart from the originals for above should I also carry the following?
Address proof for my wife
Two 2 x 2 inch photos
Anything else?

Thank you very mcuh

User avatar
mesn
Member of Standing
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:59 pm
Mood:

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by mesn » Fri May 20, 2022 5:34 pm

chavachows3 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:56 pm
Hi @mesn

Couple of more questions if you do not mind please

For my wife's application the documents to upload would be the following, please add comments if I am missing something

CURRENT PASSPORT - (I uploaded British Passport)
EMPLOYMENT LETTER - (Reference letter from employer)
INDIAN ORIGIN PROOF - (Old Indian Passport - both front and back page)
INDIAN VISA - (Not sure what goes here, We sent the ILR card back to Home Office after receiving
naturalisation certificate)
MARRIAGE CERTFICATE (During upload it is said, this is only if the applicant is applying on the basis of Spouse
OCI, I uploaded the scanned copy anyway)
PIO CARD - (Not applicable in our case)
RELATIONSHIP CERTIFCATE - (Not sure how it is different from marriage certificate above)
SPOUSE OCI CARD - (I uploaded my OCI card photo)

How long I have time to upload and reupload the supporting doc?

Also when we got to VFS, apart from the originals for above should I also carry the following?
Address proof for my wife
Two 2 x 2 inch photos
Anything else?

Thank you very mcuh
So, I always play safe and upload more. This is what we had done for my wife and VFS accepted it. British Passport, British Naturalization Certificate, Cancelled Indian Passport, Indian Surrender Certificate, Marriage Certificate [although you are not applying on Spouse route], Address Proof, Employment Proof, Spouse British Passport.

You need one 2x2 photo. Same one you upload online.

Not sure how long the temp application remains live [may be 10 weeks] but I started in Apr, waiting for HMPO to send back our docs and ended up completing after 6 weeks.

Also, you will have to quote my message for me to get a notification :)
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

chavachows3
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed May 04, 2022 2:51 pm

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by chavachows3 » Fri May 20, 2022 5:59 pm

mesn wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:34 pm
chavachows3 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:56 pm
Hi @mesn

Couple of more questions if you do not mind please

For my wife's application the documents to upload would be the following, please add comments if I am missing something

CURRENT PASSPORT - (I uploaded British Passport)
EMPLOYMENT LETTER - (Reference letter from employer)
INDIAN ORIGIN PROOF - (Old Indian Passport - both front and back page)
INDIAN VISA - (Not sure what goes here, We sent the ILR card back to Home Office after receiving
naturalisation certificate)
MARRIAGE CERTFICATE (During upload it is said, this is only if the applicant is applying on the basis of Spouse
OCI, I uploaded the scanned copy anyway)
PIO CARD - (Not applicable in our case)
RELATIONSHIP CERTIFCATE - (Not sure how it is different from marriage certificate above)
SPOUSE OCI CARD - (I uploaded my OCI card photo)

How long I have time to upload and reupload the supporting doc?

Also when we got to VFS, apart from the originals for above should I also carry the following?
Address proof for my wife
Two 2 x 2 inch photos
Anything else?

Thank you very mcuh
So, I always play safe and upload more. This is what we had done for my wife and VFS accepted it. British Passport, British Naturalization Certificate, Cancelled Indian Passport, Indian Surrender Certificate, Marriage Certificate [although you are not applying on Spouse route], Address Proof, Employment Proof, Spouse British Passport.

You need one 2x2 photo. Same one you upload online.

Not sure how long the temp application remains live [may be 10 weeks] but I started in Apr, waiting for HMPO to send back our docs and ended up completing after 6 weeks.

Also, you will have to quote my message for me to get a notification :)
Thanks for your reply. I did quote your message this time, thanks for the tip.

Ok, I will make sure all the doc you mentioned will get uploaded. When I upload, does these copies have to be signed by my wife and then upload?

Also I got OCI appointment on 31st May for my wife. Surrender passport status shows printed. when I booked OCI appointment I just did that without actual online oci application reference. Hope this is not going to be an issue. I did book Surrender slot in a similar way.

Thanks

User avatar
mesn
Member of Standing
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:59 pm
Mood:

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by mesn » Sat May 21, 2022 10:43 am

chavachows3 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:59 pm
mesn wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:34 pm
chavachows3 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:56 pm
Hi @mesn

Couple of more questions if you do not mind please

For my wife's application the documents to upload would be the following, please add comments if I am missing something

CURRENT PASSPORT - (I uploaded British Passport)
EMPLOYMENT LETTER - (Reference letter from employer)
INDIAN ORIGIN PROOF - (Old Indian Passport - both front and back page)
INDIAN VISA - (Not sure what goes here, We sent the ILR card back to Home Office after receiving
naturalisation certificate)
MARRIAGE CERTFICATE (During upload it is said, this is only if the applicant is applying on the basis of Spouse
OCI, I uploaded the scanned copy anyway)
PIO CARD - (Not applicable in our case)
RELATIONSHIP CERTIFCATE - (Not sure how it is different from marriage certificate above)
SPOUSE OCI CARD - (I uploaded my OCI card photo)

How long I have time to upload and reupload the supporting doc?

Also when we got to VFS, apart from the originals for above should I also carry the following?
Address proof for my wife
Two 2 x 2 inch photos
Anything else?

Thank you very mcuh
So, I always play safe and upload more. This is what we had done for my wife and VFS accepted it. British Passport, British Naturalization Certificate, Cancelled Indian Passport, Indian Surrender Certificate, Marriage Certificate [although you are not applying on Spouse route], Address Proof, Employment Proof, Spouse British Passport.

You need one 2x2 photo. Same one you upload online.

Not sure how long the temp application remains live [may be 10 weeks] but I started in Apr, waiting for HMPO to send back our docs and ended up completing after 6 weeks.

Also, you will have to quote my message for me to get a notification :)
Thanks for your reply. I did quote your message this time, thanks for the tip.

Ok, I will make sure all the doc you mentioned will get uploaded. When I upload, does these copies have to be signed by my wife and then upload?

Also I got OCI appointment on 31st May for my wife. Surrender passport status shows printed. when I booked OCI appointment I just did that without actual online oci application reference. Hope this is not going to be an issue. I did book Surrender slot in a similar way.

Thanks
You should be fine. I had booked surrender and OCI slots 6 weeks in advance. Dint mention the OCI application number on there. Surrender certificate should reach you in a day or two.

Online copies don't need sign. Physical copies you submit, needs it. Also, if you are submitting on her behalf, there is an extra document they need sign on which the reception manager gives you.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

chavachows3
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed May 04, 2022 2:51 pm

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by chavachows3 » Sat May 21, 2022 1:53 pm

mesn wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 10:43 am
chavachows3 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:59 pm
mesn wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:34 pm
chavachows3 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:56 pm
Hi @mesn

Couple of more questions if you do not mind please

For my wife's application the documents to upload would be the following, please add comments if I am missing something

CURRENT PASSPORT - (I uploaded British Passport)
EMPLOYMENT LETTER - (Reference letter from employer)
INDIAN ORIGIN PROOF - (Old Indian Passport - both front and back page)
INDIAN VISA - (Not sure what goes here, We sent the ILR card back to Home Office after receiving
naturalisation certificate)
MARRIAGE CERTFICATE (During upload it is said, this is only if the applicant is applying on the basis of Spouse
OCI, I uploaded the scanned copy anyway)
PIO CARD - (Not applicable in our case)
RELATIONSHIP CERTIFCATE - (Not sure how it is different from marriage certificate above)
SPOUSE OCI CARD - (I uploaded my OCI card photo)

How long I have time to upload and reupload the supporting doc?

Also when we got to VFS, apart from the originals for above should I also carry the following?
Address proof for my wife
Two 2 x 2 inch photos
Anything else?

Thank you very mcuh
So, I always play safe and upload more. This is what we had done for my wife and VFS accepted it. British Passport, British Naturalization Certificate, Cancelled Indian Passport, Indian Surrender Certificate, Marriage Certificate [although you are not applying on Spouse route], Address Proof, Employment Proof, Spouse British Passport.

You need one 2x2 photo. Same one you upload online.

Not sure how long the temp application remains live [may be 10 weeks] but I started in Apr, waiting for HMPO to send back our docs and ended up completing after 6 weeks.

Also, you will have to quote my message for me to get a notification :)
Thanks for your reply. I did quote your message this time, thanks for the tip.

Ok, I will make sure all the doc you mentioned will get uploaded. When I upload, does these copies have to be signed by my wife and then upload?

Also I got OCI appointment on 31st May for my wife. Surrender passport status shows printed. when I booked OCI appointment I just did that without actual online oci application reference. Hope this is not going to be an issue. I did book Surrender slot in a similar way.

Thanks
You should be fine. I had booked surrender and OCI slots 6 weeks in advance. Dint mention the OCI application number on there. Surrender certificate should reach you in a day or two.

Online copies don't need sign. Physical copies you submit, needs it. Also, if you are submitting on her behalf, there is an extra document they need sign on which the reception manager gives you.
Great, thanks for the reply!

User avatar
mesn
Member of Standing
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:59 pm
Mood:

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by mesn » Mon May 23, 2022 1:05 pm

mesn wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 3:50 pm
OCI Timelines Post :

New OCI application: Self, Spouse, Kid
Application Date: 13/05/22 [Same for 3]
VFS Center: Goswell [Same for 3]
Date of acknowledgement: 17/05/22 [Same for 3]
Original docs Received back: 20/05/22 [Same for 3]
Documents Printing Status: N/A
Dispatched From New Delhi: N/A
Document received at Goswell: N/A
Dispatched by Goswell: N/A
OCI Received: N/A
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

ps1234
Junior Member
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:54 am

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by ps1234 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:17 pm

mesn wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 6:01 pm
ps1234 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 12:44 pm
Kishorep81 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:30 pm
Hi All,

I will be surrendering my Indian passport on 9th May and also I have an OCI appointment on 7th Jun. But I need to travel to India mid June. My questions below:

1. Can I get the surrender certificate and apply OCI in India?
2. Or can I apply OCI here and while it is in progress can I travel to India via tourist visa?

Looking forward for your suggestion from this group.

Thanks
Kishore
Both are possible - however, you need to be assured of your surrender certificate arriving by 7th or 9th June.

For 2: if your surrender certificate arrives in time, you can apply for your OCI and travel to India on a tourist visa (you'll need to get an appointment for tourist visa between now and atleast 5 days before your OCI appointment - to allow for your British passport to be returned in time for the OCI appt).
Option 1 is not possible. One would need the Indian passport or a Visa/OCI to enter India.
Option 1 is definitely possible as long as his British passport arrives on time. He can secure a tourist visa to travel to India and apply for an OCI from India

ps1234
Junior Member
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:54 am

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by ps1234 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:41 pm

ps1234 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 8:17 pm
mesn wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 6:01 pm
ps1234 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 12:44 pm
Kishorep81 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:30 pm
Hi All,

I will be surrendering my Indian passport on 9th May and also I have an OCI appointment on 7th Jun. But I need to travel to India mid June. My questions below:

1. Can I get the surrender certificate and apply OCI in India?
2. Or can I apply OCI here and while it is in progress can I travel to India via tourist visa?

Looking forward for your suggestion from this group.

Thanks
Kishore
Both are possible - however, you need to be assured of your surrender certificate arriving by 7th or 9th June.

For 2: if your surrender certificate arrives in time, you can apply for your OCI and travel to India on a tourist visa (you'll need to get an appointment for tourist visa between now and atleast 5 days before your OCI appointment - to allow for your British passport to be returned in time for the OCI appt).
Option 1 is not possible. One would need the Indian passport or a Visa/OCI to enter India.
Option 1 is definitely possible as long as his British passport arrives on time. He can secure a tourist visa to travel to India and apply for an OCI from India
My bad - please DO NOT try Option 1. You cannot apply for an OCI in India on a tourist visa. The OCI website clearly states:

Foreign nationals cannot apply for OCI in India while on Tourist Visa, Missionary Visa and Mountaineering Visa. Moreover, the foreigner has to be ordinarily resident of India to be eligible to apply for OCI registration in India.
Note: 'ordinarily resident' will mean a person staying in a particular country or in India for a continuous period of 6 months.

manchester2022
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 24, 2022 1:40 pm

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by manchester2022 » Tue May 24, 2022 1:46 pm

Hi,

how are you checking the status? It keeps saying 'Records not found' when we check it. Do you use the GBR number and UK passport number to check it?

thank you

User avatar
mesn
Member of Standing
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:59 pm
Mood:

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by mesn » Tue May 24, 2022 4:06 pm

manchester2022 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 1:46 pm
Hi,

how are you checking the status? It keeps saying 'Records not found' when we check it. Do you use the GBR number and UK passport number to check it?

thank you
Yes. Recond will be only found once your application has reached HCI which takes 2-3 days post your submission to VFS. https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

itmanager
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 7:05 pm
Mood:
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by itmanager » Tue May 24, 2022 4:42 pm

Do we have a separate thread for OCI Timeline ?
anyone know how long does it take to receive OCI to home after printing ?

Date of Application : 28-Apr-2022
Date Of Acknowledgment : 29-APR-2022
Registration Status at Mission : LONDON
OCI- Number : Not disclosing :)
Documents Printing Status : PROCESSED On 20-MAY-2022
Dispatched from MEA(OCI) Delhi : Pending
Documents received at London : Pending
Delivered OCI to home by DX : Pending

User avatar
mesn
Member of Standing
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:59 pm
Mood:

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by mesn » Tue May 24, 2022 6:35 pm

itmanager wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 4:42 pm
Do we have a separate thread for OCI Timeline ?
anyone know how long does it take to receive OCI to home after printing ?

Date of Application : 28-Apr-2022
Date Of Acknowledgment : 29-APR-2022
Registration Status at Mission : LONDON
OCI- Number : Not disclosing :)
Documents Printing Status : PROCESSED On 20-MAY-2022
Dispatched from MEA(OCI) Delhi : Pending
Documents received at London : Pending
Delivered OCI to home by DX : Pending
Dont think there is an OCI timelines thread. There should be.3-4 days for the OCI to reach London and 3-4days then to get it. So, maybe a week from now.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

itmanager
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 7:05 pm
Mood:
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by itmanager » Tue May 24, 2022 7:11 pm

Thank you. May be its good Idea to start the OCI timeline only thread :)

I more week wait will be too late as I have to travel next week. Hope fully It may receive this week :)

chavachows3
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed May 04, 2022 2:51 pm

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by chavachows3 » Tue May 24, 2022 8:00 pm

Hi Guys

I am going to OCI appointment next week for my wife. I am not applying based on spouse OCI. Got the surrendered certificate as well. Just couple of questions. Some of my questions were kindly answered by others, thanks to them.

The upload pages says only 5 attempts to re-upload and 3 attempts to view. Why they have put this. Anyway this is not an issue but I only realised it after using the limit for viewing the documents.

As there is no way to add the title to each document we upload, can I combine for example both address proof and employment letter in one pdf and upload it? Likewise for British Passport + Naturalisation etc?

Below is the list I am taking to the appointment. Please let me know if i am missing anything

Originals
1. British Passport + Naturalisation cert
2. Old Indian passport + Surrendered cert
3. Employment letter + Address proof
4. Spouse OCI + Marriage cert

Upload
All of the scanned copies of above

Copies
One set of all the above with my wife attesting them

Application form printed + signed
2 Roaylmail special delivery envelops
2 photos (same as image upload)

I think the list above is sufficient. Please let me know if I miss anything, Thanks in advance!

itmanager
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 7:05 pm
Mood:
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by itmanager » Tue May 24, 2022 8:23 pm

Hi chavachows3
please check the below link for mandatory documents
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/in ... cklist.pdf

I have uploaded as below. At VFS London they took my Original (Surrender certificate & Naturalisation ) documents Good Luck

Adult OCI Documents upload
=========================
1. CURRENT PASSPORT : British Passport
2. EMPLOYMENT/ WORK LETTER : Employer Letter
3. INDIAN ORIGIN PROOF : Previous Indian Passport self
4. INDIAN VISA : Naturalisation Certificate
5. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE : Marriage Certificate
6. PIO CARD : Surrender Certificate
7. RELATIONSHIP CERTIFICATE : Spouse Passport
8. SPOUSE OCI CARD : Council Tax and Driving License

aidanpancholi
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 24, 2022 9:04 pm

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by aidanpancholi » Tue May 24, 2022 9:26 pm

Hi,
I am applying for OCI through a grandfather, I have an appointment with VFS at the weekend.
Therefore, (along with all other documents) I will need to submit my birth certificate (UK), my fathers (Kenya) and my grandfathers (India, post-dated).
I have read in some places that all birth certificates are required to be apostilled by Countries of Issue, however I have also read that this is something rarely enforced.
My understanding of the most up to date guidelines on the HCI London (attached below) is that my birth certificate would need to be apostilled, only if it was post dated. As I am applicant type C, the red text regarding apostilled is only in the box regarding my own birth certificate and not the documents verifying relationship box. Is this correct?
If they all did need to be apostilled, would my grandfathers need to be apostilled or not, as it was still issued in India?

Sorry if I over complicated that. Basically, do any of them need apostille?


https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/docs/16372 ... 112021.pdf

itmanager
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 7:05 pm
Mood:
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by itmanager » Wed May 25, 2022 10:28 pm

mesn wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 6:35 pm
itmanager wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 4:42 pm
Do we have a separate thread for OCI Timeline ?
anyone know how long does it take to receive OCI to home after printing ?

Date of Application : 28-Apr-2022
Date Of Acknowledgment : 29-APR-2022
Registration Status at Mission : LONDON
OCI- Number : Not disclosing :)
Documents Printing Status : PROCESSED On 20-MAY-2022
Dispatched from MEA(OCI) Delhi : Pending
Documents received at London : Pending
Delivered OCI to home by DX : Pending
Dont think there is an OCI timelines thread. There should be.3-4 days for the OCI to reach London and 3-4days then to get it. So, maybe a week from now.
OCI status remain same on the status enquiry page but Today I have received my OCI :D

Post Reply
cron