Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.
Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:58 pm
- Location: London
I have got my Naturalisation approved yesterday and I have citizenship ceremony scheduled for day after tomorrow (Friday). On Friday itself I will be applying for my British Passport. I am planning to travel to India around mid of Feb 2020. I have few questions related to my scenario.
1) I dont think I have enough time to apply for OCI even if I receive my British passport well in time. Will I need to take a tourist Indian Visa as now I am an British Citizen ?
2) For Indian Visa, can anyone help me with agents address or a link where I can apply ?
3) Would I have to apply for Indian tourist visa ?
Thanks in advance.
- Member of Standing
- Posts: 472
- Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:31 pm
There are a few posts on this topic. So search to find more details...
Here's on e.g:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 91921.html
Don't rely completely on my answers..pls check relevant UKVI sources
- Junior Member
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:19 pm
You can travel on your Indian passport for upto 3 months after your naturalisation date ( not that this is not date of issue of british passport but naturalisation date)
How long are you planning to stay in india?