ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI for minors

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

a2zed
Newly Registered

OCI for minors

Post by a2zed » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:52 am

Hiya,
Could anyone please guide how to get OCI for minors. I have ILR and I'll apply for Naturalisation in June this year. As I am not British Citizen yet and my son has got BP after I got ILR, HCI states minors can apply for OCI if either of the parents are eligible for OCI. Since I am not eligible for OCI yet do I wait till I become a BC? We're planning to go India how do I travel with my son's BP?

Many thanks
Zahed.

Vinu karthik
Newly Registered

Re: OCI for minors

Post by Vinu karthik » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:14 am

I think you should apply for PIO card instead of OCI....because my daughter was born in US and we are indian citizens....

Simha
Newly Registered

Re: OCI for minors

Post by Simha » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:23 pm

As Vinu Karthik mentioned you can get PIO or wait till you get BP. If you trip is before that time, then you can get visitor visa for your son and can visit India.