ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

njyildum1

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by njyildum1 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:50 pm

Thanks es2013 and dapsonlee. I am glad the wait is over and I can now get on with my life.

Let me add that not only did I live with my partner. Though our accommodation is from a private tenant we receive housing benefit, child tax credit, working tax credit and child benefit but none of these had effect on my application. It is God and no situation is hopeless.

MissA
Newly Registered

Post by MissA » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:31 pm

njyildum1 wrote:Thanks es2013 and dapsonlee. I am glad the wait is over and I can now get on with my life.

Let me add that not only did I live with my partner. Though our accommodation is from a private tenant we receive housing benefit, child tax credit, working tax credit and child benefit but none of these had effect on my application. It is God and no situation is hopeless.
Congrats. Very happy for u. Enjoy that flight.x

evie233
Mood:

Post by evie233 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:41 pm

njyildum1 wrote:Thanks es2013 and dapsonlee. I am glad the wait is over and I can now get on with my life.

Congratulations.. So sorry I couldn't give any advice, I just put mine in, so I was in the same situation.. #anxiously waiting#..thank God for the good news, it gives me hope...enjoy your freedom..

nontsomi
Newly Registered

Post by nontsomi » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:15 pm

Hi guys

I came to this forum last month worried about my daughter's British passport application that her dad made, just wanna say thanks to Daniel97 and es2013 for giving me hope as now my daughter has got a British passport so thanks a lot guys.

And for those who have shared their success this has given me hope for my situation so thank you for sharing and congratulations to all of you who have been freed !!

I am now planning to to put in my application before this month ends on my own with no lawyers as can't afford to.

My question is it compulsory to have a sponsor applyinbrushg as a British citizen ? Can my sister that's a British citizen okay to be a sponsor ? Does the have to have lots of money etcis there any advice you guys can give me in this situation. Tthanx in advance.

nontsomi
Newly Registered

Post by nontsomi » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:22 pm

I meant applying flp (fp)

nontsomi
Newly Registered

Post by nontsomi » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:41 pm

Sorry for the mistakes its my phone playing up.

es2013

Post by es2013 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:51 pm

nontsomi wrote:Hi guys

I came to this forum last month worried about my daughter's British passport application that her dad made, just wanna say thanks to Daniel97 and es2013 for giving me hope as now my daughter has got a British passport so thanks a lot guys.

And for those who have shared their success this has given me hope for my situation so thank you for sharing and congratulations to all of you who have been freed !!

I am now planning to to put in my application before this month ends on my own with no lawyers as can't afford to.

My question is it compulsory to have a sponsor applyinbrushg as a British citizen ? Can my sister that's a British citizen okay to be a sponsor ? Does the have to have lots of money etcis there any advice you guys can give me in this situation. Tthanx in advance.
congratulations on getting your child's passport? how long did it take? Like you am applying end of the month no lawyers. I wont advise on sponsors as i dont know much about it but am sure you will get stay. Good luck x
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

nontsomi
Newly Registered

Post by nontsomi » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:10 pm

Thank you so much es2013, it took about two weeks I was getting worried I must admit but I think it was a xmas back lock that made it take that long. Goodluck to you too :) look forward to our freedom xx

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:41 am

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... -you-about

Succinct sums it up! Excellent article. Good morning all
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

mck2010
Ghana

HELP PLEASE

Post by mck2010 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:46 am

My family and I were given 6 years discretionary leave in 2011 and are due to extend our visa this april for another 3 years. we spoke to a solicitor yesterday and she's charging us 6000 pounds and there is four of us, my mother who is a care assistant and us three children who are all in university and in part time jobs. on top of new immigration fees and no legal aid it is absolutely impossible to pay such money because we simply do not have it. i want to ask if anyone has applied for extension under flr o on their and succeeded without a lawyer or do we definitely need to get a lawyer. Please help me Thanks you

es2013

Re: HELP PLEASE

Post by es2013 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:59 am

mck2010 wrote:My family and I were given 6 years discretionary leave in 2011 and are due to extend our visa this april for another 3 years. we spoke to a solicitor yesterday and she's charging us 6000 pounds and there is four of us, my mother who is a care assistant and us three children who are all in university and in part time jobs. on top of new immigration fees and no legal aid it is absolutely impossible to pay such money because we simply do not have it. i want to ask if anyone has applied for extension under flr o on their and succeeded without a lawyer or do we definitely need to get a lawyer. Please help me Thanks you
£6000 is a lot of money, i honestly think you can win your case without a lawyer since you are extending what you already have. Do you have the documentation ( the cover) letters the solicitor wrote when you first applied? if so you can look and draft letter accordingly, collect all the evidence thats required of you. You have to use the correct form depending on your circumstances either flr(o) or flr(fp). Hope that helps

Experts please come advise!
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

mck2010
Ghana

Post by mck2010 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:10 am

Thank you very much for reply, we are extending by flr (o).

njyildum1

Post by njyildum1 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:55 am

mck2010 wrote:My family and I were given 6 years discretionary leave in 2011 and are due to extend our visa this april for another 3 years. we spoke to a solicitor yesterday and she's charging us 6000 pounds and there is four of us, my mother who is a care assistant and us three children who are all in university and in part time jobs. on top of new immigration fees and no legal aid it is absolutely impossible to pay such money because we simply do not have it. i want to ask if anyone has applied for extension under flr o on their and succeeded without a lawyer or do we definitely need to get a lawyer. Please help me Thanks you
I will tell you what. I am not a lawyer just yet but I am a law student you do not need a lawyer for your application. You can do without them as far as immigration is concerned except in very complex cases where you have been rejected and need to appeal.

All a Lawyer does is ask you to get the required documents and doesn't really add anything to your application. A case worker will not look at your application and say hey he/she used a lawyer so I will grant them leave to remain. Thats Foul. A case worker will look at your case based on the current immigration law. Just submit as much documents to support your private life as you can.

I can help you free of charge if you need help. Message me if you want. I applied without a solicitor and helped my friends and we all have leave to remain.

mck2010
Ghana

Post by mck2010 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:23 pm

Thank you very much for your replies, your words have encouraged me a lot. I will inform my family and attempt to do the application ourselves. Do you have any idea what kind of documents we need to submit which will be helpful and how to write a covering letter? I am unable to send a private message as I only joined the forum today but I thank God for finding this forum. Also, do we do our Biometrics before we submit our application or do wait for the home office to send a letter first? Thank you very much for your help

njyildum1

Post by njyildum1 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:02 pm

mck2010 wrote:Thank you very much for your replies, your words have encouraged me a lot. I will inform my family and attempt to do the application ourselves. Do you have any idea what kind of documents we need to submit which will be helpful and how to write a covering letter? I am unable to send a private message as I only joined the forum today but I thank God for finding this forum. Also, do we do our Biometrics before we submit our application or do wait for the home office to send a letter first? Thank you very much for your help
You will only get to do your biometrics when you put in an application and UKBA takes the payment then they will send you a letter to take your biometrics. It is only then you will be able to give Home Office your biometrics. Without a letter from them asking for a biometrics you can't give them your biometrics.

In regards to a covering letter; whats your situation like? Under what grounds were you granted discretionary leave to remain? I understand you are using form flr (0) but that form covers a whole range of application which is directed towards family private life. So what is your situation like?

mck2010
Ghana

Post by mck2010 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:46 pm

my mum came to the UK about 21 years ago and gave birth to my sister here who is now 20 years. my brother and I were in Africa but have been here almost 12 years. Our first lawyer made a mistake and wrote the wrong month which my mum came here so Home office said there were no records to prove my mum came here legally and even after she swore an affidavit and everything they still were not convinced and because of that led to a whole complicated immigrated process. in the end they gave us discretionary leave to remain outside immigration rules.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:01 pm

Probably consult with counsel first before you embark on submitting your renewal application. Il va sans dire your sister should have attained her citizenship by the age of 10 you allude to her but not clarified whether or not she is a BC!!

if your mother has accrued 20 years plus she is eligible for ILR so there is clearly a change of circumstance there. All the best!

mck2010
Ghana

Post by mck2010 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:13 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Probably consult with counsel first before you embark on submitting your renewal application. Il va sans dire your sister should have attained her citizenship by the age of 10 you allude to her but not clarified whether or not she is a BC!!

if your mother has accrued 20 years plus she is eligible for ILR so there is clearly a change of circumstance there. All the best!
Thanks for your reply, my sister also has discretionary leave because my mum is an overstayer, basically, she came here, had my sister but did not return due to domestic violence. my brother and I were brought here after due to our new step mother abusing us and also my mum wanted us with her. So both my mum and sister were not given British citizenship because my mum overstayed so did not qualify for the 10 year legal stay

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:48 pm

And what about the 14 year rule ( before it was disbanded)which she would have been eligible for too then but instead you were granted DL, if she has amassed 21 years to date? Just worth asking a solicitor to be honest - it sounds like indefinite leave to remain should have been granted on the info you have provided but i am not here speculate retrospectively if you know what i mean! Good luck it will all work out eventually and the justice you deserved will be delivered! God bless

mck2010
Ghana

Post by mck2010 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:05 am

Thanks for your advice. We were applying based on the 14 year rule but home office decided to give us discretionary leave outside the immigration rules instead.

Just curious, has anyone applied for flr o extension and received indefinite leave instead?

njyildum1

Post by njyildum1 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:33 am

mck2010 wrote:my mum came to the UK about 21 years ago and gave birth to my sister here who is now 20 years. my brother and I were in Africa but have been here almost 12 years. Our first lawyer made a mistake and wrote the wrong month which my mum came here so Home office said there were no records to prove my mum came here legally and even after she swore an affidavit and everything they still were not convinced and because of that led to a whole complicated immigrated process. in the end they gave us discretionary leave to remain outside immigration rules.
I did not mean to mislead you by saying a solicitor is not important in submitting applications. I thought your application was straight forward but its got a bit of complexities in it. Your situation will definitely require legal expertise because it is complex.

Like believe have said your mum is due indefinite leave to remain at least and your sister should already be a british citizen irrespective of whether they have been here legally or not because they've been here for too long. Some sort of permanent stay in the UK is due.

Try getting advice from Citizens Advice B and you can take it up from there. I am sure there is hope for you. Just keep calm and God will help you out and direct you.

All the best.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:02 am

njyildum1 wrote:
mck2010 wrote:my mum came to the UK about 21 years ago and gave birth to my sister here who is now 20 years. my brother and I were in Africa but have been here almost 12 years. Our first lawyer made a mistake and wrote the wrong month which my mum came here so Home office said there were no records to prove my mum came here legally and even after she swore an affidavit and everything they still were not convinced and because of that led to a whole complicated immigrated process. in the end they gave us discretionary leave to remain outside immigration rules.
I did not mean to mislead you by saying a solicitor is not important in submitting applications. I thought your application was straight forward but its got a bit of complexities in it. Your situation will definitely require legal expertise because it is complex.

Like believe have said your mum is due indefinite leave to remain at least and your sister should already be a british citizen irrespective of whether they have been here legally or not because they've been here for too long. Some sort of permanent stay in the UK is due.

Try getting advice from Citizens Advice B and you can take it up from there. I am sure there is hope for you. Just keep calm and God will help you out and direct you.

All the best.
Sir njyildum1,

Just wanted a bit of clarification especially for those who might applying via your route as you did not state in your original success story, what visa was you eventually given, 2.5 years?

njyildum1

Post by njyildum1 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:03 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
njyildum1 wrote:

All the best.
Sir njyildum1,

Just wanted a bit of clarification especially for those who might applying via your route as you did not state in your original success story, what visa was you eventually given, 2.5 years?
Hey Dapsonlee

I got 2.5 years.

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:36 pm

good evening all,

congratulations to all of those who have been granted!! those who are still fighting please do not give up jet. Our day will come!!!!

I have a question, having biometric request while waiting for reconsideration what does it mean? those who have been refused reconsideration have they done biometrics again?
I'm confused, we have been invited to do it again but what can i expect??!!
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:00 pm

summer2013 wrote:good evening all,

congratulations to all of those who have been granted!! those who are still fighting please do not give up jet. Our day will come!!!!

I have a question, having biometric request while waiting for reconsideration what does it mean? those who have been refused reconsideration have they done biometrics again?
I'm confused, we have been invited to do it again but what can i expect??!!
Hi summer2013,

A second invitation for biometrics can only be a sign gearing towards a positive outcome. I believe perhaps your case has been decided and biometrics is just the final piece to the puzzle. Don't panic as I believe next week could be your week. :)