ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

So much for ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

room1102

So much for ireland

Post by room1102 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:19 am

I am new to this forum. I read some of the stuff about EU1 and for the workers as well. It sounds like it to me that the irish government trying to drag on the prcoess time for everyone as long as possible. Now the irish government trying to bring in the language test without providing any improvement of the current immigration system, that is even worst. Small country like ireland, the government itself does not respect the law and order and violated some of the law(e.g. EU1), but asked the new comers to respect the law and order. This is very kind and so much for Ireland.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:36 am

Any links to confirm this that they are thinking of bringing language requirement ?

I have not seen anything in media addressing this

Please provide the relevant link if possible

Also if there is such a thing will it be passed in parliment.Also with regards to the implementation i think it could take a while.

In my opinion i think it could be considered as a barrier to free movement for EU-1.
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

room1102

Post by room1102 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:57 pm

runie80 wrote:Any links to confirm this that they are thinking of bringing language requirement ?

I have not seen anything in media addressing this

Please provide the relevant link if possible

Also if there is such a thing will it be passed in parliment.Also with regards to the implementation i think it could take a while.

In my opinion i think it could be considered as a barrier to free movement for EU-1.
The new minister for justice was talking about that in the radio. Sorry, I used the wrong phrase. If they are talking about it now, that means they will bring it in at some stage. May be the minister was admitted that the processing time is not acceptable, but did he mention any changes or improvement for the process time? He said he will have people look into it, right? Do not forget. The minister will have people look into to it. He might get it fix, right? You never know what is going to happen. He might get moved to some other department and new guy comes along. haha, new politics again. In the other word to say, people will just have a long wait for sure. Is this right? Just look at the guys talking about the EU1.

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:36 pm

I had to laugh when I saw Charlie McCreevy on Euronews the other night piling praises on SOLVIT. He must have been aware that Ireland is continuously breaching EU directives. It’s a pity no journalist questioned him about EU treaty rights violations in Ireland.

Keep in mind, if youre not Irish you have to obey all laws to the letter. However, if you're Irish you are permitted to breach immigration laws in the United States and have the Taoiseach and senior government ministers lobby the US president on a regular basis on their plight. It is the height of arrogance and it will harm Ireland, even if they are too short sighted to realise this.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:48 pm

joesoap101 wrote:I had to laugh when I saw Charlie McCreevy on Euronews the other night piling praises on SOLVIT. He must have been aware that Ireland is continuously breaching EU directives. It’s a pity no journalist questioned him about EU treaty rights violations in Ireland.

Keep in mind, if youre not Irish you have to obey all laws to the letter. However, if you're Irish you are permitted to breach immigration laws in the United States and have the Taoiseach and senior government ministers lobby the US president on a regular basis on their plight. It is the height of arrogance and it will harm Ireland, even if they are too short sighted to realise this.
not only that but
1. a former minister getting caught by the police drink driving on the wrong side of a dual carriageway (motor way)without even as much as forced/push to resign as a td
2. a leader who appears to have had as a dodgy past as similar to our previous taoiseach, charles j haughey,
3. a taoiseach who wishes to interfere with an independent body (tribunal) who are investigating his past
4. a td member from mayo, who has been kicked out of a party for alledged tax offences (daughter of anotheer dodgy former td) yet there are signs she will be welcomed back with open arms.

some of the journalists probably spared themselves the head wreck trying to understand what mccrevie is actually saying, his accent is well strong. :D .

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:18 am

I don't know everything that is going on with Bertie; I don't follow the Irish news that much.

But what I've heard so far is that Charles J. Haughey is way out of Bertie's league when it comes to under the counter money.
What I've heard from that guy is just ridiculous.

Bertie Ahern might have had 10.000 pounds as a 'present' but really, what does 10.000 buy you, it is pocket money. Recently there were some issues about his house, again, pocketmoney compared to stories I've heard about Haughey.

There's corruption in all countries, the difference is that there they don't get caught.

The drunk driver should be punished though, I can't believe anybody would even think of voting for such an @$$#0|&
Dutch husband, American wife, applied for a residence card, after 7 months got a Stamp 4 visa for two years. :)