ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HOW TO APPLY FOR AN EEA2?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zoe14

HOW TO APPLY FOR AN EEA2?

Post by zoe14 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi,

I was aghast with how the Solicitor asks me for £2000 to work on my problem. That is amazingly expensive! I just talked to a Solicitor and asks me for £800 for applying for an EEA2. He said that his time is worth £150 per hour, and reading forums will not help out - and I have to be extra careful in applying.

I have nothing against solicitors, I respect the time, money and effort that they have gone through to get them to their career.

I have no idea how to make an EEA Application, I have printed out the Form EEA2 on the website, and I don't know where to go from there. Any advise? All I know is, the solicitor is discouraging me about reading forums- because it is bad for their business.

Thanks
Last edited by zoe14 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: HOW TO APPLY FOR AN EEA2

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:52 pm

If you are living with a qualified EU national who is studying/working/self employed/self sufficient then just follow the application which is in simple English language. EEA2 form itself is a guide so just fill in what relate to you and attach the documents what it suggest.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

zoe14

Re: HOW TO APPLY FOR AN EEA2

Post by zoe14 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:57 pm

Hello Sheraz,

What kind of Cover letter should I put and can I apply by myself without any help from any solicitor ? Will that also jeopardize the decision making, if I don't have any solicitor?

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Re: HOW TO APPLY FOR AN EEA2?

Post by fatimahh » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:54 pm

You may wish to provide more details in respect of your situation for Gurus to help you out. Also try to go through the link below:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 14867.html
GOD BLESS!!!