ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child OCI Life lon VISA Transfer to new british passport.

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vgvirgo
Newly Registered

Child OCI Life lon VISA Transfer to new british passport.

Post by vgvirgo » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi All,

I have taken this point 12 from https://www.hcilondon.in/oci.html
Please read point 12 and could you please suggest it is applicable for Child also. Can I take my kids with me WITHOUT transfering their LIFE LONG Visa to their Renewed British passport, I WILL CARRY OLD BRITISH PASSPORT WHEN TRAVELLING TO INDIA ALONG WITH NEW BRITISH PASSPORT.

--------------------------------------Copied from https://www.hcilondon.in/oci.html----------------------
12. I am an OCI holder. What documents should I carry while travelling to India?

OCI holders should carry both (a) the Passport bearing 'LIFE LONG' Visa Sticker and (b) the OCI booklet. In case this Passport has expired, there is no need to transfer 'LIFE LONG' Visa to the new Passport, but the new Passport is to be carried along with items (a) & (b). Applicants are welcome to apply for transfer, but it will take the same 5-6 weeks as in the case of fresh applications

ban.s

Re: Child OCI Life lon VISA Transfer to new british passport

Post by ban.s » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:51 pm

Though OCI is packaged as 'life long' visa but it's not trully life long.

Minors need to renew their OCI each time a new passport is acquired until age of 20.
Adults need to renew one time once a new passport is acquired after age of 50.

However I know people who travelled to India with minors without renewing OCI (carrying two passports).