ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation for wife , visa expiring next month.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

justcurious
Newly Registered

Naturalisation for wife , visa expiring next month.

Post by justcurious » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:40 am

Hi all,

My wife got her letter that her naturalisation was approved and now she need to send money and her GNIB card.

If we send GNIB and her visa is to renew next month, will immigration renew it without GNIB card , if only we bring letter from INIS with approval?

What is the best way to do this, Renew visa first then send them latest GNIB ( this will delay the process) or just send the GNIB to inis and go for renew with letter.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

mahersab

Re: Naturalisation for wife , visa expiring next month.

Post by mahersab » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:57 am

Hy two friend of mine send them expire gnib card , and they got oath date they have no problem with expire Gnib card all they want just Gnib card dont mater valid or expire

Can u tell me how long after ur wife got approvel.
Mahersab

justcurious
Newly Registered

Post by justcurious » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:54 am

Hi,

I am not worried about sending them GNIB card as it is not expired till next month.

My question was will she have any trouble renewing the visa next month when we go to GNIB as she won't have any card, and eventually she will be getting natualisation but don't want to be without visa for that period.

We applied in jan first week, so less than 4 months.

amison79

Post by amison79 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:58 am

@justcurious

Why do u want to get re-entry? Do u hav ne plans to travel? U still hav a month of validity on her visa, I am sure by tht time u wud get ur ceremony date :D
My re-entry visa finishes today and I have submitted my gnib last week.
Even thn if u want visa, first b thng is tht u need 4o get gnib made for 3 months, which is free and thn u need to 0look for visa (but I have doubt tht thy wud give visa for 3 months)

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri May 02, 2014 12:20 pm

I would advise you to contact citizenship section by email and ask as to when are they planning the next ceremony. If it's soon enough, that's fine, but if the next ceremony is in lets say 2-3 months time, then it would be better for your wife to renew her current permission before submitting her GNIB card to the citizenship section. Just to be on a safe side in case you need to travel.
I am not sure but i heard that the next ceremony could be in July.

justcurious
Newly Registered

Post by justcurious » Fri May 02, 2014 12:26 pm

agniukas wrote:I would advise you to contact citizenship section by email and ask as to when are they planning the next ceremony. If it's soon enough, that's fine, but if the next ceremony is in lets say 2-3 months time, then it would be better for your wife to renew her current permission before submitting her GNIB card to the citizenship section. Just to be on a safe side in case you need to travel.
I am not sure but i heard that the next ceremony could be in July.

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies, We have already submitted the GNIB to citizenship section, if ceremony is not before her visa expiry date , i think it will be wise to visit GNIB to renew her visa which i hope they will renew without GNIB card as i am sure other people would have been in same situation as us.

And no we have no plan to travel before December so doesn't matter if she doesn't have her visa or re-entry but i think according to law , she must have permission to stay all the time so renewal is must imo even for few weeks.
Thanks again.

squa

Post by squa » Fri May 02, 2014 3:13 pm

You simply go with her citizenship approval letter to INIS to have her visa extended.

amison79

Post by amison79 » Sat May 03, 2014 11:44 pm

@justcurious

again, to stay in this country legally, u have GNIB card, visa/re-entry visa is to travel to ur own country. nd now since u hav already submitted her GNIB, nd she is on the threshold of becomng irish national, she is already a legal status here.

alegalalien

Post by alegalalien » Sun May 04, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi All,

I am somewhat in the same situation.
But the thing is, my wife GNIB card (stamp 3) is dependant on my GNIB card (stamp4). Both of our GNIB cards are due to renew next month.
Since my Naturalization was approved, I already sent out my GNIB card.
From this thread, in case the ceremony would not happen next month (very likely), looks like I can renew my GNIB card with the approval letter.
How about wife's GNIB card, can she renew in the same way ?

Thanks alot.

justcurious
Newly Registered

Post by justcurious » Wed May 21, 2014 9:07 am

Just a quick update in case someone is in same boat.

We emailed to GNIB division 2 weeks back and they confirmed that we need to renew our permission and will be renewed on basis of approval letter so bring it along.

Yesterday we went and staff were clueless , what to do, i showed them email, finally after their internal discussion they came back and said that she doesn't need to renew it as it is already approved and whoever sent email probably wasn't aware of the face that GNIB card has been sent.

So now waiting starts for ceremony, good luck to everyone.

alegalalien

Post by alegalalien » Wed May 21, 2014 9:47 am

Hi Justcurious,

It's totally illegal for someone who GNIB/Stamp is due to expire but not to renew it.
Also, Think about the case your spouse is dependent on you. Your spouse needs to have continuous resident Stamp, such that he/she will be able to apply for naturalisation later on.

By the time of your oath/ceremony, you are still foreign nationals, the approval letter is just a piece of informing paper. Keep in mind that.

justcurious
Newly Registered

Post by justcurious » Wed May 21, 2014 9:50 am

alegalalien wrote:Hi Justcurious,

It's totally illegal for someone who GNIB/Stamp is due to expire but not to renew it.
Also, Think about the case your spouse is dependent on you. Your spouse needs to have continuous resident Stamp, such that he/she will be able to apply for naturalisation later on.

By the time of your oath/ceremony, you are still foreign nationals, the approval letter is just a piece of informing paper. Keep in mind that.
Thanks for reply, please re read my original post.

I am an Irish national and my wife got approved too and we had to send GNIB with the fees, anyway lady mentioned that she will record in system that we went for renew but they can't do it, not my headache any more to be honest.

Regards