ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

abdulraheem123

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by abdulraheem123 » Sun May 04, 2014 6:06 pm

does anybody know if you have to supply photocopys of bank statements as well as everything else?
as its over 100 pages for 12 months worth, what have applicants on here been photocopying ?

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Sun May 04, 2014 6:10 pm

abdulraheem123 wrote:does anybody know if you have to supply photocopys of bank statements as well as everything else?
as its over 100 pages for 12 months worth, what have applicants on here been photocopying ?
yes photocopies all pages.all documents copies even wedding photo. best is order two copy of bank statements which be more cheaper and lees stressful.
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Sun May 04, 2014 6:13 pm

thanks for that zeeh,
did you do colour photocopys of the wedding photos or black and white?

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Sun May 04, 2014 6:16 pm

with the bank statements again, when you order them from the bank or have them printed out by the bank, did you also get them stamped or signed by the bank?
as when i was trying this this week the bank clerk said she cannot do this

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Sun May 04, 2014 6:22 pm

At the time of the nikah if you request both Urdu and English versions, do i still need to get the urdu one translated in english and attested?

And does anyone know where i can get the computerised Marriage Registration Certificate in kashmir

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Sun May 04, 2014 7:04 pm

abdulraheem123 wrote:At the time of the nikah if you request both Urdu and English versions, do i still need to get the urdu one translated in english and attested?

And does anyone know where i can get the computerised Marriage Registration Certificate in kashmir
1: No just black and white as they got original.

2: No they wont stamp but some do.you dont need stamped or signed by the bank

3: computerised Marriage Registration Certificate you can get from your union council where your Nikah is registered.

4 computerised Marriage Registration Certificate is half in English but i would suggest get translate by solicitor with his contact details stamp.attested by notary public officer
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Sun May 04, 2014 10:25 pm

thanks zeeh

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Sun May 04, 2014 10:46 pm

i just got a few questiins about how best to fill in the application form

I will be hopefully applying for the spouse visa about a week after the marriage while i am still in Pakistan

when it says

1.3 When did you first meet your sponsor in person?
(i will write: when i first got to pakistan about 1 week before our arranged marriage)

1.5 When did your relationship begin?
(should i write the nikah date here or when we got engaged? if i write the date we got engaged i have no proof on contact for this up until the nikah date)

1.7 When did you last see your sponsor?
(if i am still in pakistan when she applies for the visa, what should i write here)

As its also an arranged marriage, do you think the immigration officer would expect to see evidence of contact before we got married while i am still in UK?

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Sun May 04, 2014 10:48 pm

has anyone on here applied for the spouse visa about a week or two after the marriage while your still in Pakistan?

saaz_pak
Newly Registered

Post by saaz_pak » Mon May 05, 2014 1:07 am

abdulraheem123 wrote:i just got a few questiins about how best to fill in the application form

I will be hopefully applying for the spouse visa about a week after the marriage while i am still in Pakistan

when it says

(i will write: when i first got to pakistan about 1 week before our arranged marriage)

(should i write the nikah date here or when we got engaged? if i write the date we got engaged i have no proof on contact for this up until the nikah date)

(if i am still in pakistan when she applies for the visa, what should i write here)

As its also an arranged marriage, do you think the immigration officer would expect to see evidence of contact before we got married while i am still in UK?
be honest with dates..even its a week when you first met with your partner..and 1.14 you need to answer its an arranged marriage and you are living under same roof at the time of application.. best of luck..

saaz_pak
Newly Registered

Post by saaz_pak » Mon May 05, 2014 1:11 am

abdulraheem123 wrote:with the bank statements again, when you order them from the bank or have them printed out by the bank, did you also get them stamped or signed by the bank?
it varies bank to bank..some do some dont...but they wont stamp the ones you take with you but they shud stamp the one they printed in the branch from their dot matrix printers and its more than acceptable..

Nadizee

Post by Nadizee » Mon May 05, 2014 9:08 am

Asslam-u-alykum
Sis nd bro pls help
Can anyone gt visa after sending ukvi extra documents,,although they put ur app on hold and
ask for documents????

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Mon May 05, 2014 9:53 am

saaz_pak wrote:
abdulraheem123 wrote:with the bank statements again, when you order them from the bank or have them printed out by the bank, did you also get them stamped or signed by the bank?
it varies bank to bank..some do some dont...but they wont stamp the ones you take with you but they shud stamp the one they printed in the branch from their dot matrix printers and its more than acceptable..

TSB point blank refused to sign my statements that they printed! So just re order old statements, they take 10days, but rather safe than sorry..

form544
Newly Registered

Post by form544 » Mon May 05, 2014 10:09 am

neeshi wrote:
form544 wrote:Hi guys,
I have appealed against the ECO refusal notice on March 25, 2014 and received an acknowledgement letter stating they have received my application and have asked UKBA to review/respond to this. The letter also states that the legal department have given UKBA until end-June 2014 to respond to them.

my question is does anyone here have an idea by when I should expect UKBA to respond confirming if they are agreeing to additional evidence I provided with my appeal or they are going to contest the appeal?

background:
Tier-2 spouse visa refused due to insufficient evidence provided for communication. ECO was happy with everything else otherwise, no other complications.

I am starting to worry about it now since its about 5/6 weeks (considering Easter and Bank holiday weekends).

many thanks,
Hi Form544

I have tried emailing you but can not do so. You have mentioned that your visa was refused because of insufficient evidence provided for communication?

What evidence did you provide before refusal?
Which additional evidence have you provided for the appeal?

It would be of great help if you could please let me know as I think I might get refused on the same basis?
Hi neeshi,
if it helps, I originally just provided the record of my telephone conversations (the calls I made to my wife over six months or so). the problem was, we used Skype/fb/whatsapp etc for most of our conversations so number of phone calls weren't too many over that period. I guess that's what didn't satisfy ECO.

for Appeal afterwards (and I am still awaiting response), I provided screeshots of fb/Skype conversations and almost for all the dates (so about 100+ pages) .. I am hope IA that will result in our favour but don't know for sure. hope this helps.

regards

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Mon May 05, 2014 10:18 am

Posting my question again just to check I anybody nos one last time ... Sorry and thank u

Quick question... Someone wrote on here that if u have any documents which r related to ur present application which is on hold, documents that wernt ready when they asking for additional documents, can I send them now ??? The documents arnt anything new, just tax papers and that for the last year.
Someone mentioned we could send them ... My question was when my husband goes to the gerrys in Islamabad , what does he say or does he just give the papers in and says they asked or these documents ?

Majy05

Post by Majy05 » Mon May 05, 2014 10:24 am

Can someone help me please, the ukba asked for further documents which ive sent and they have received how long does it take for them to make a decision once the additional documents have been checked, its been 7 months and still waiting, inshallah visa should be granted, cause i meet the income threshold

Majy05

Post by Majy05 » Mon May 05, 2014 10:26 am

Nadizee wrote:Asslam-u-alykum
Sis nd bro pls help
Can anyone gt visa after sending ukvi extra documents,,although they put ur app on hold and
ask for documents????
I dont think you can send additional documents, my wife got a email and letter asking for further documents which ive sent via DHL

Nadizee

Post by Nadizee » Mon May 05, 2014 10:34 am

Majy05 wrote:Can someone help me please, the ukba asked for further documents which ive sent and they have received how long does it take for them to make a decision once the additional documents have been checked, its been 7 months and still waiting, inshallah visa should be granted, cause i meet the income threshold
If u don,t mind can I ask how u can meet income threshold ,,,
By ur income or saving as well????nd wht documents they want from u

Majy05

Post by Majy05 » Mon May 05, 2014 11:18 am

Nadizee wrote:
Majy05 wrote:Can someone help me please, the ukba asked for further documents which ive sent and they have received how long does it take for them to make a decision once the additional documents have been checked, its been 7 months and still waiting, inshallah visa should be granted, cause i meet the income threshold
If u don,t mind can I ask how u can meet income threshold ,,,
By ur income or saving as well????nd wht documents they want from u
I met the income threshold by 2 jobs ones full time, and the other self employment, they wanted 12 months bank statements showing my self employments paid in my bank, registration with hmrc as self employments, evidence of on going national insurance contributions and audited/ unaudited accounts for self employments clearly with the accountant name shown who should be a member of accredited accountants

muskaan1987

Post by muskaan1987 » Mon May 05, 2014 11:41 am

hi all

we recieved letter today

saying our application is on hold

however all the documents u sent have been accepted

but the tax paid is only for 13k

if you have any other documents that support that u earn 19k then send in 21 days

my Q

does this mean i just need to send the hmrc tax paid letter (which i paid after i submited the application ) ?

because i did not have it when i submited the application.

or do i need the accounted to make all the last 6 month accounts for the tax paid?

applied 30/10/13
under process 12.11.2013

on hold april 30 2014

thankyou for anyones help and in put

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Mon May 05, 2014 11:57 am

abdulraheem123 wrote:i just got a few questiins about how best to fill in the application form

when it says

1.3) I first met my spouse on the day I arrived in Pakistan.
We took photographs at the airport, with name visable in the pictures. ( Benazir Bhutto Airport- formerly known as Islamabad Airport ). These photographs we sent alongside our visa application as proof of meeting prior to the nikah/wedding. I advise you do the same.

1.5) that should be when the two families arranged the marriage and you were given the opportunity to talk to your future spouse. Here we included emails.. between my self and spouse and emails between my parents and future spouse, discussing the marriage. Also telephone calls and skype screen shots..

1.7) I was still in Pakistan when I applied for the visa. So I wrotw. I am still with my spouse partner, until ..... so and so date.

Hope this helps.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Mon May 05, 2014 12:08 pm

abdulraheem123 wrote:has anyone on here applied for the spouse visa about a week or two after the marriage while your still in Pakistan?
Yes I applied within the same week of our marriage.
I did attach a covering letter from myself explaining I am applying very early after my marriage as I will be in Pakistan for 1 month and am hopeful that this case will be dealt with quickly so I can take my spouse back with me, without any gaps in us living together after our marriage. However, I must say I had substanstial evidence of our communication prior to our marriage. Quite a few months of daily skype calls, telephone calls and emails. Not just between me and my spouse but between him and my parents too.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Mon May 05, 2014 12:15 pm

saaz_pak wrote:
it varies bank to bank..some do some dont...but they wont stamp the ones you take with you but they shud stamp the one they printed in the branch from their dot matrix printers and its more than acceptable..[/quote

If you order statements through the bank they do not need signing or stamping as they will be on official bank stationary.
If you have print outs from the bank I will advise you get them stamped.
My last statement was a print out and the bank manager kindly stamped dated and signed it for me when I explained to her it was for immigration purposes.
Ask to speak to the bank manager if you need it signed or stamped.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Mon May 05, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi everyone i had applied for my husband visa in june last year it was refused in september i appealed but the ECM didnt review it and i have been given a court date for 13th november:( i was wondering if i reapply how long will it take do you think i will get a reply before november 2014? Please if anyone could shed some light i am really stressed

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Mon May 05, 2014 1:38 pm

musriz wrote:
abdulraheem123 wrote:has anyone on here applied for the spouse visa about a week or two after the marriage while your still in Pakistan?
Yes I applied within the same week of our marriage.
I did attach a covering letter from myself explaining I am applying very early after my marriage as I will be in Pakistan for 1 month and am hopeful that this case will be dealt with quickly so I can take my spouse back with me, without any gaps in us living together after our marriage. However, I must say I had substanstial evidence of our communication prior to our marriage. Quite a few months of daily skype calls, telephone calls and emails. Not just between me and my spouse but between him and my parents too.
Thanks for the advice about stating on the application form that I will be waiting for the application to be accepted before i go back to uk. I will do that myself