ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vinny

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Vinny

Post by optimist_eternal » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:30 pm

@ Vinny

This is in response to your comment on one of the threads " Absence period for Set(M)" in ILR section. I also see that after your initial rather abrasive post, you have now also altered your post by adding an extra line of 'Terms and Condition" in your post.

You made an equal-equal ("Both of you") comment and then immediately locked that thread so I am left with no alternative but to post my reply here.

(i) Please don't assume since you are a full-time/permanent student of a school "skillfull speech", others would be, also, queuing to join such a school. And if your 'Skillfull speech" as seen by and large on this forum is anything to go by, must say this place may not be getting the desired result of people going there....

(ii) So next time I need your opinion, I will give it to you. And since you are, anyway, clutching to straws now (making sweeping statements and then immediately locking the thread), what are you going to do now....post a reply here and then again immediately lock even this thread?

Please refrain from making personal comments on members or giving ultra vires suggestions ("skillfull speech") as I don't think you have the right to do so (in whichever capacity). This is a bit much....I take deep offence to this suggestion. Please do not make personal comments on members....if you have problems with my posting on this forum, just ban me from the forum but I will not tolerate such childish comments from you ("cultivate skillfull speech") etc. directed at members.

Please do not get personal in your posts as you are not a fellow member but a Moderator on this forum so whatever your personal feelings, just stick to commenting on the topic being discussed in a particular thread. If you still persist in doing so, you would then be doing so in your personal capacity and not as a Moderator (hence incur personal liability for making defamatory personal statements against members e.g. suggestion "cultivate skillfull speech" which was totally uncalled for and petty).

And at least have the courage now to debate this issue to a logical conclusion rather than locking this thread after posting your reply as you have done on that other thread.

p.s. I would request other Moderators not to delete this particular post.

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:58 pm

@ vinny

Either you remove that comment or clarify whether you have done so in your personal capacity or that of a Moderator?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:08 pm

That's an interesting response to my comments:
vinny wrote:Off-topic.

Both of you: please follow the Terms & Conditions. Cultivate Skillful Speech.
I locked the thread because you were both going off topic and ignoring the terms and conditions. It's your choice whether or not to cultivate skillfull speech.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:50 pm

You just don't get the point do you (or now pretending you don't get it)....Since you suddenly seemed to have now been inflicted with "convenient amnesia", please allow me to point out:

1. If you felt members were going off-topic, you could have simply locked the thread by pointing out the "Terms and Conditions"(a comment, anyway, which you added as an afterthought in your post). You chose, instead, first to insert a rather childish suggestion "cultivate skillfull speech" before locking the thread.

2. How dare you do indulge in this "equal-equal" theory ("Both of you")? If a victim of an assault goes to the police, would the police advice both the parties "Both of you attend anger management classes"?

3. Even if your comment was, let's say, directed at alikhan28 about "cultivating skillfull speech" (though "Can one blind person lead another? Won't they both fall into a ditch"?), it is not your job to make personal comments before locking a thread.

And while we are in the process of making such sweeping, personal statements....my two words advice to you "Grow up".

May I once again strongly advice you to remove that childish personal comment of yours from that post.

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:15 pm

If after making that personal comment, you are now brazenly/shamelessly defending such a comment by stating "It's your choice whether or not to cultivate skillfull speech" and refuse to remove your comment from the post then the management of workpermit.com may be the best judge to view and decide about your behaviour and take the "appropriate action" in this case.

If this info. (management structure) is not available online, a request would be made to the Companies House to give a list of shareholding pattern of workpermit.com and the owners would be contacted to alert them of your behaviour.

Q. Who moderates the Moderators of this forum?

Ans. The owners of this site.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:53 pm

I believe that the following post also violated the Terms & Conditions:
optimist_eternal wrote:alikhan28 wrote:
No comments.
So after openly threatening someone on the net, far from apologizing or being apologetic about your recent posts, you reply ‘no comment’ indicating you would still, perhaps, persist with your threatening behaviour?

General pattern, both at micro and macro level, observed after reading alikhan28 recent posts:

First abuse someone by referring to that person’s “personality and sick attitudeâ€
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:51 am

I find your comments so interesting that I'm making this thread a sticky.
ahahah

Thanks Vinny for that.

People would love to read his comments instead of watching TV.:lol:

Yours crime was advising"Skillful speak"to us.

I belive this is very good advice and there is nothing personal in that.

The only thing which made me smile is this gentleman has used the word
"Pakenglish" then term"Lahori Logic" and in last abusive posts therm like
Tell you what....you are nothing but a dearly beloved street thug trying to deflect attention from your own dearly beloved and bullying behavior by then calling the other person a dearly beloved....
and
you dearly beloved thug, you go and threaten someone else who would get intimidated by such threats of yours....You think anonymity bestowed by hiding behind your pc gives you the license to constantly abuse someone by calling that person a dearly beloved and then threatening that person?

Next time you threaten me in any way, kind or manner, I will report you to the cyber crime unit of the police and it will not take them long to trace you (whichever part of the world you are sitting constantly posting such threats) and slap you with a criminal case....
this does not end here
If after making that personal comment, you are now brazenly/shamelessly defending such a comment by stating "It's your choice whether or not to cultivate skillful speech" and refuse to remove your comment from the post then the management of work permit.com may be the best judge to view and decide about your behaviour and take the "appropriate action" in this case.
If this info. (management structure) is not available online, a request would be made to the Companies House to give a list of shareholding pattern of work permit.com and the owners would be contacted to alert them of your behaviour.
I find him very interesting and amazing guy. :lol:

Then he is threaten to go to police and bla bla.All his posts are enough to send him jail and slap him with a judge order. :twisted:

If he is not dearly beloved then why he has invented the term Lahori logic. Pakenglish(now what this would be considered).To me surprise he has not replied to my question on Lahore logic.

I have also noticed he is not given opinions or suggestions on immigration issues but commenting on people with very abusive and dearly beloved words.

See law abiding citizen and his attitude.

This is the beauty of our justice system. :lol: :lol:

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:53 am

Hi
if you have problems with my posting on this forum, just ban me from the forum
Indeed very reasonable and good suggestion.

Thank you for this advice.

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:11 am

"Foot in the mouth" Vinny wrote:
I find your comments so interesting that I'm making this thread a sticky.
What's stopping you? Please do....be my guest. There is a famous saying in Asia "all an embarrassed cat is left to do at the end is furiously scratch the pole"

And next time you get this "foot in the mouth" itch again, remember my suggestion: some people think and then speak while some speak and then think....time you cultivated the art of the former.

And since you want to behave like a kid, let me explain you the terms and conditions (list of dos and donts) applicable to a Moderator.

1. If a member is not following rules as clearly laid down in the terms and conditions, you can:
(A) Initially read him the riots act (i.e. warm him/her).
(B) If he/she still persists ban him/her.

Donts
What you can't do is add your two bit kiddish personal comment while pointing out the terms and conditions to him/her.

JA13I

Post by JA13I » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:08 pm

...and this topic is a sticky because....
Jabi

Universal soldier
BANNED

Re: Vinny

Post by Universal soldier » Sun May 11, 2014 2:46 pm

Where is Vinny gone? Is he on holidays for a while.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun May 11, 2014 4:03 pm

Vinny is here, if you look on his profile you'll see he logged in this morning.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun May 11, 2014 4:33 pm

In almost 7 years as a member and Moderator on this forum, Vinny has made 15,990 respected posts. Enough said I think.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun May 11, 2014 4:36 pm

Moreover, Moderators are volunteers (as are other members) and as such have other life's that also require attention!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.