ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help required (applying for visit visa for canada from uk)

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zahidd
Newly Registered

Help required (applying for visit visa for canada from uk)

Post by zahidd » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:46 pm

Hi everyone,

I am on student visa in London, have successfully done my one degree from a uni in London and doing acca now.My current visa is valid until end of next year.

i want to attend wedding of my fiancée's brother in Canada (this august in 2014) for which i want to apply visit visa but my visit wont be of more then two weeks and i would be on holidays from uni. My uni will provide me the term time dates as well. My fiancée's family will send me invitation letter and i will show around £2500 in my recent two months bank statement.

Is there anyone who have knowledge about the procedure and who can give me their kind advice please?
it will be very helpful.
regards,

Niren789
Newly Registered

Re: Help required (applying for visit visa for canada from u

Post by Niren789 » Sun May 04, 2014 5:08 pm

Hello,

There are a few factors - but right off the bat, the fact that you're from the UK makes things easier. With that said, there are a host of other reasons you could be denied a visitor visa - do you have enough money to support yourself? Do you have a place to stay? Can you demonstrate that you intend to leave when your visa is up? Do you have any criminal records?

Does anything here leap out at you as being possibly problematic?

Niren789
Newly Registered

Re: Help required (applying for visit visa for canada from u

Post by Niren789 » Sun May 18, 2014 4:09 pm

If you're still looking for information on this, I found some useful stuff from this Toronto immigration lawyer (http://www.myvisasource.com/services/pe ... onsorship/) who made a video about the different factors influencing the visitor's application.

Hope this helps!