ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Wrightfamily
Newly Registered

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by Wrightfamily » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:00 pm

Wrightfamily wrote:
Wrightfamily wrote:4 Passport applications as follows:

Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New
Method of application: Postal
Date of application: 30/05/2014
Date application received by IPS: 02/06/2014
Date of return of documents:
Date of receipt of interview letter:
Date of Passport Appointment:
Date of Passport Receipt:

Passport for: Adult
Application Type: Change in name
Method of application: Postal
Date of application: 30/05/2014
Date application received by IPS: 02/06/2014

Passport for: Minor
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 28/05/2014
Date application received by IPS: 29/05/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: n/a
Date of Passport Appointment: n/a

Passport for: Minor
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 28/05/2014
Date application received by IPS: 29/05/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: n/a
Date of Passport Appointment: n/a

dabbler80

Post by dabbler80 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:30 pm

Congrats DR MS
I applied same time as u. Can you please tell me which number u used for booking interview may b I try the same way u did and get the interview done
Thanks

chingomingo
Newly Registered

Post by chingomingo » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:33 pm

Junk2014 .Thanks a lot

amitc

Post by amitc » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:53 pm

Method of Application: Check and Send
Date of Application: 24/04/2014
Date of Application Received by IPS: 25/04/14
Date of SMS Received: 29/04/14
Date of Fees deduction: N/A
Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: 17/05/14 (Dated 15/05/14)
Date of Return of Documents: 21/05/14
Date of Interview booked: 29/05/14 @ 5.15pm, London Victoria
Date of Passport Receipt: 30/05/14

My passport interview was at Victoria and lasted for 15 mins. It was really friendly environment and the lady asked me more than 50 questions within that time. Here are a few questions that I can rememeber:

1. Full name, DOB, Place of birth, Address.
2. Are you coming from home or office? I said office
3. Mode of transport you have used to come Passport office and how long was the journey.
4. Do you drive? I said yes.
5. Why didn’t you drive here? I said just to avoid traffic and congestion charge. I parked my car in office and used tube to come Victoria
6. What is your Car reg no. and make? When is your MOT and Tax due?
7. When you first came in this country and what was your purpose?
8. Do you remember first address you have used when you came here 9 yrs back? I said no. I have changed many addresses so can’t remember but I can tell you last 5 yrs addresses.
9. Please tell me last few addresses
10. Who else live with you in current address?
11. Wife’s name?
12. How old is your son?
13. Which school is he studying? Head teacher’s name of that school
14. colour of his school uniform?
15. Which type of house I am living and date moved in?
16. Tell me lay out of your house?
17. Bus numbers running near your house and nearest tube/train stations.
18. Nearest super market and shopping mall.
19. Why you have opted for British Nationality?
20. Do you have any intention to go back India?
21. India doesn’t allow dual nationality so what you are going to do now?
22. Can you remember when and where your naturalisation ceremony was?
23. Tell me details of your ceremony and what they gave you at the end of ceremony? Was there any gift with certificate?
24. Did you pay anything for the ceremony photo?
25. Where do you work and your position?
26. How many jobs you have changed since you came UK? Please list them.
27. How did you apply for passport? How much you have paid? What documents have you send with application and have you received them back?
28. Who has signed your photo? How do you know her? How does she look? Where is she working?

After that she asked me all common questions about my finances- Banks, loan, mortgages, about my parents and my sister back in India, any holiday plan this year etc etc.

Guys, I have received my passport just next day of my interview so I think before interview they print passports and keep them ready. Just after successful interview they dispatch it.
Wish everyone good luck for your application and interview. My next step is to surrender my Indian passport and OCI as I have booked my tickets to India during summer school holidays.

marsenal

Post by marsenal » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:43 am

Method of application: Check and Send
Date of application: 29/05/2014
Date SMS Received: 03/06/2014
Date of interview appointment:
Date of SMS that Passport is being printed:

sami01
Newly Registered

Post by sami01 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:02 am

Application Type: first adult passport
Date of application: 02/06/2014
Date SMS Received:

BCMN1

Post by BCMN1 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:42 am

Hi Seniors,

As previously quoted I have applied for my first British Passport on 29 May 2014, and was waiting for text message acknowledgement from IPS.

How ever when I call the passport office today they had no record of my application.This makes me really concerned by my supporting valid passport and ILR card. I went to the post office and they assured me that the application was sent on that day...!!!!

So why IPS doesn't have any record of my application and the bar code which is replaced by post office's reference number is not correct.....~!!!!

Does any one been in this situation?

I'll appreciate valuable comments.

emmaluck
Newly Registered

Post by emmaluck » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:21 pm

The application has not yet been treated meaning that your details are not yet registered on their system. Nothing to worry about as this takes about a week to occur. You will hear from them before Friday so relax.

ah_kassem

Post by ah_kassem » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:49 pm

Final Update
ah_kassem wrote:
ah_kassem wrote:Application Type: New, first adult passport
Method of application: Check and send (london)
Date of application: 01/05/2014
Date SMS Received: never recieved one
Date of return of documents: 28/05/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 22/05/2014
Date of interview appointment: 30/05/2014
Date of SMS that Passport is being printed: not recieved
Date of Passport Receipt: 02/06/2014

good luck everyone

statician
Newly Registered

Post by statician » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:00 pm

statician wrote:Naturalised
Method of Application: Check & send post office
Date of Application: 24/04/2014
Date of Application Received by IPS: 29/04/14
Date of SMS Received: 30/04/14
Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: 20/05/14 (Dated 18/05/14 yes It was Sunday)
Date of Return of Documents: 21/05/14
Date of Interview booked: 29/05/2014
Date of Passport Receipt: 02/06/2014.

BCMN1

Post by BCMN1 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:08 pm

emmaluck wrote:The application has not yet been treated meaning that your details are not yet registered on their system. Nothing to worry about as this takes about a week to occur. You will hear from them before Friday so relax.

Many Thanks Emma...:)

etoklem

Post by etoklem » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:09 pm

Date of application: 03/06/2014
Date SMS Received:

shaunc
Newly Registered

Post by shaunc » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:27 pm

shaunc wrote:Passport for: Adult
Application Type: First time (naturalised citizen)
Method of application: PO Check & Send
Date of application: 22/04/2014
Date application received by IPS (post tracking): 23/04/2014
SMS received: 24/04/2014
Payment taken: 22/04/2014

I called the 0300 number today and my application is still "awaiting examination" at the Durham office, one month after applying. Based on posts over the last month or two it seems that the Durham office is not nearly as efficient as the other offices, which doesn't bode well as I'm due to fly on June 13th :-/
By way of update on the details noted above, I have still not received any communication from HMPO other than calling and being told that my application is still "awaiting examination" and it is six weeks today when I applied.

The HMPO call centre have refused to transfer me through to the Durham passport office as they only allow call backs and the Durham passport office has not provided me with the requested call back within 48 hours on any occasion. They have also refused to allow me to turn up to Durham to cancel my application and collect my Australian passport advising that I will be turned away by security upon arrival without an appointment.

I have already written to my local MP with a complaint, I have lodged a complaint through the HMPO website, but neither has provided me with any tangible benefit.

As I am due to fly to Brazil next Friday (13th June) and there is absolutely no chance that I will get anywhere with HMPO before then, I will have to travel from Newcastle to London tomorrow to get an emergency concurrent passport (it will cost me about £200) and visit the Brazilian consulate as soon as I have my passport - potentially the next day - which should allow me just enough time to apply for a Brazilian visa in time for my flight.

I am thoroughly disappointed by the lack of transparency and accountability with the whole process, many people on the 0300 number have been unnecessarily rude and completely unhelpful, so my advice to anyone would be to take a train to a city where your passport won't be caught in the Durham passport office's catchment area.

aag
Newly Registered

Post by aag » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:31 pm

seyi wrote:So I applied on 22nd April, Received SMS text on 25th April but still no interview letter.

I rang Durham Office today and the lady said she's not sure I will even get a letter by next week :( she said if you lucky properly I should get something week commence 9th June. That means over 6 weeks of applying.

Anyone is this situation or know what I can do. This is just really frustrating :evil:
Hello, am in the same situation as you. Applied through post office check and send on 22nd April and got a txt on 25th. I called the durham office this morning and was told they currently looking at applications received on 22nd April so hopefully mine will be looked at in the next couple of days. Am soooooo frustrated and anxious as am due to travel on 19th....am just hoping for good news. Please let me know of any progress with yours. Thanks

akash08

Post by akash08 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:24 pm

BCMN1 wrote:Hi Seniors,

As previously quoted I have applied for my first British Passport on 29 May 2014, and was waiting for text message acknowledgement from IPS.

How ever when I call the passport office today they had no record of my application.This makes me really concerned by my supporting valid passport and ILR card. I went to the post office and they assured me that the application was sent on that day...!!!!

So why IPS doesn't have any record of my application and the bar code which is replaced by post office's reference number is not correct.....~!!!!

Does any one been in this situation?

I'll appreciate valuable comments.
Have patience. I applied on 10/05 and received SMS on 16/05. SMS process has to be an automated process triggered when your data is entered in the system, means it took 6 days for me. You are following up very soon. Just let the process take its own time unless you have an urgent requirement to travel.

UK British UK
Newly Registered

Post by UK British UK » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm

Date of Application: 23/04/2014
SMS received: 28/04/2014
Return of Ducument: Awaiting
Interview Invitation: Awaiting
Interview Date: Awaiting
Passport Receipt: Awaiting

BCMN1

Post by BCMN1 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:22 am

@akash08
Have patience. I applied on 10/05 and received SMS on 16/05. SMS process has to be an automated process triggered when your data is entered in the system, means it took 6 days for me. You are following up very soon. Just let the process take its own time unless you have an urgent requirement to travel.
Thanks for your support

I finally got SMS acknowledgement today.

Pvsc27
Newly Registered

Post by Pvsc27 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:58 am

I have seen many people asking about SMS not received when passport application has been sent, even i did not receive for passport application, but i think they will send SMS when passport is being printed. So SMS seems to be working only after interview saying your passport is being printed.

To track the application whether received by HMO office or not, i have used the below link:
https://www.gov.uk/track-passport-application

zombie
Newly Registered

Post by zombie » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:43 pm

shaunc wrote:
shaunc wrote:Passport for: Adult
Application Type: First time (naturalised citizen)
Method of application: PO Check & Send
Date of application: 22/04/2014
Date application received by IPS (post tracking): 23/04/2014
SMS received: 24/04/2014
Payment taken: 22/04/2014

I called the 0300 number today and my application is still "awaiting examination" at the Durham office, one month after applying. Based on posts over the last month or two it seems that the Durham office is not nearly as efficient as the other offices, which doesn't bode well as I'm due to fly on June 13th :-/
By way of update on the details noted above, I have still not received any communication from HMPO other than calling and being told that my application is still "awaiting examination" and it is six weeks today when I applied.

The HMPO call centre have refused to transfer me through to the Durham passport office as they only allow call backs and the Durham passport office has not provided me with the requested call back within 48 hours on any occasion. They have also refused to allow me to turn up to Durham to cancel my application and collect my Australian passport advising that I will be turned away by security upon arrival without an appointment.

I have already written to my local MP with a complaint, I have lodged a complaint through the HMPO website, but neither has provided me with any tangible benefit.

As I am due to fly to Brazil next Friday (13th June) and there is absolutely no chance that I will get anywhere with HMPO before then, I will have to travel from Newcastle to London tomorrow to get an emergency concurrent passport (it will cost me about £200) and visit the Brazilian consulate as soon as I have my passport - potentially the next day - which should allow me just enough time to apply for a Brazilian visa in time for my flight.

I am thoroughly disappointed by the lack of transparency and accountability with the whole process, many people on the 0300 number have been unnecessarily rude and completely unhelpful, so my advice to anyone would be to take a train to a city where your passport won't be caught in the Durham passport office's catchment area.
Mine is in Dhuram HMPO too and I applied on the same date. I used the online tracking system and it says the application is still "currently going through the examination process". I got an SMS on the 24th of April. No interview letter, no return of documents, nothing. I think they have a heavyduty backlog. I am waiting patiently.

emmaluck
Newly Registered

Post by emmaluck » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:16 pm

Is this a general problem or is it only limited to Durham HMPO?

mgoblue
Newly Registered

Post by mgoblue » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:35 pm

shaunc wrote: By way of update on the details noted above, I have still not received any communication from HMPO other than calling and being told that my application is still "awaiting examination" and it is six weeks today when I applied.

This is an absolute outrage. How can they refuse to return your Australian passport? I am in the same position (Application received same day as yours - 23/4; Durham office; although not traveling until June 30) and I called the 0300 number this morning to request that my Australian passport be returned to me immediately so that my (company-funded) travel plans are not interrupted. The lady told me that she can only put in a request for such and couldn't guarantee anything would come of it. I adhered to their "minimum six week" timeline and sent my application in eleven weeks before my travel to be absolutely sure everything would be completed in time and still end up having to deal with this nonsense. Some people's livelihood involves regular travel and since HMPO refuse to offer an expedited passport application for international applicants, it effectively precludes these people from ever obtaining a British passport. I would love to complain to a MP, but live in the US. If you need any support for your cause, let me know - I will be happy to provide further evidence of their incompetence.

mcove
Newly Registered

Post by mcove » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:53 pm

emmaluck wrote:Is this a general problem or is it only limited to Durham HMPO?
This is ridiculous. My application is with Durham Office as well. I applied on 7 May. Does it mean I have no chance to get my passport by 20 June when I need to travel?
Is there anyone on this thread who applied in May and whose application has already been processed by Durham HMPO?

WHS
Newly Registered

Post by WHS » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:00 pm

I am also in the same position. Applied on 22 April through the Post Office and my passport ended up in Durham. I am a teacher and will probably miss a school trip to France next week because of their incompetence. I have requested them to suspend my application and return my South African passport as soon as possible - it will take apparently 48 hours for them to make a decision. Nothing else I could do.

Betitoo
Newly Registered

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by Betitoo » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:05 pm

Application Type: First time
Method of application: Check and Send at Post Office
Date of application: 03/06/2014
Date SMS Received:

Nkr0603
Newly Registered

Post by Nkr0603 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:19 pm

I also applied on the 7th may my application is at durham they are ridiculous ive called about 10 times and i am told something different each time i was told on the 30th june that there was a backlong and they were currently workin on applications from 28th april then i was told there isnt a backlog when i called yesterday is there any hope these people are a bunch of jokers. Its so depressing.