ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MunchkinMoo
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by MunchkinMoo » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:03 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 YEAR ANCESTRAL VISA + 1YR ILR
Language criteria met: LIFE IN UK AND IELTS ACADEMIC
Method of application: NCS
Council name: EDINBURGH
Date of application: 28/05/2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: TBA
Approval Date: TBA
Date approval received: TBA
Date of ceremony: Waiting

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:58 am

Hello all,

I have been UK as a student visa 10 years and got my ILR 20 OCTOBER 2013,My question are
(1)When can I apply Naturalization certificate?
(2) I have got Life in UK certificate which I did in 2012.
(3) What else document do I need to qualify for Naturalisation?
I will be much more appreciated if you all kindly help me regarding this matter.

Regards
Bhupal

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:28 am

Hello all,

I have been UK as a student visa 10 years and got my ILR 20 OCTOBER 2013,My question are
I will be much more appreciated if you all kindly help me regarding this matter.

Regards
Bhupal

mhent

Post by mhent » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:55 am

[quote="Bhupal"]Hello all,

Regards
Bhupal[/quote

Hi Bhupal

Your application can reach the HO anytime after 19.10.2014, not earlier than that. In regards to the Kol requirement then you can send the notification letter if it was sent to you after your ILR application if not indicate on the application form that it was submitted along with your ILR application and was not returned, you still have to have a B1 speaking and listening qualification ( if you have a UK degree then it will be sufficient) just send the certificate to HO with the application

You should not have been convicted of an offence which is still unspent. You should not have more than one fixed penalty notice during the last 12 months of the application

Naturalisation is an easy and straightforward application

Good luck

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:29 am

Eligibility criteria: 10 Yrs LR + 1 Yr ILR
Language criteria met: LIFE IN UK AND Master's Degree
Council name: Eastleigh
Date of application: 03/06/2014
Payment method: Personal Cheque
Date of debit or clearance of fees: TBA
Approval Date: TBA
Date approval received: TBA
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:05 am

mhent wrote:
Bhupal wrote:Hello all,

Regards
Bhupal[/quote

Hi Bhupal

Your application can reach the HO anytime after 19.10.2014, not earlier than that. In regards to the Kol requirement then you can send the notification letter if it was sent to you after your ILR application if not indicate on the application form that it was submitted along with your ILR application and was not returned, you still have to have a B1 speaking and listening qualification ( if you have a UK degree then it will be sufficient) just send the certificate to HO with the application

You should not have been convicted of an offence which is still unspent. You should not have more than one fixed penalty notice during the last 12 months of the application

Good luck
Hi mhent,
Thanks for your quick reply.As I mention before I have Life in UK certificate done in 2012.DO I have to get B1 Speaking and listening even I have got ABE (Association of Business Executive) Level 5 and 6 in Business Management from UK,which is equivalent to UK degree and recently I am doing Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management(Level 7) in London as well.

Many thanks,
With best regards,
Bhupal

SeanH
Newly Registered

Post by SeanH » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:44 pm

Application Timeline :
Eligibility criteria: 5 yrs (HSMP) + 1 yr ILR
Method of application: NCS Maidenhead
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21st May 2014
Date of debit of fees: 22 May 2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 24 May 2014
Date of receipt of approval:
Date of Ceremony:

Medinamoe
Newly Registered

Post by Medinamoe » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:35 am

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 10yrs+3yr ILR
Nationality: South African
Language Criteria: LIUK and MBA certificate
Method of application: NCS - Poole Borough Council
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21/05/2014 Royal mail tracking
Method of Payment: Debit Card
Date of debit of fees: 30/05/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Waiting
Date of receipt of approval: Waiting
Date of Ceremony: waiting

RockON

Post by RockON » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:21 am

Eligibility criteria: WP + Tier1 + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met: UK Masters Degree + Life in UK
Method of application: NCS Hounslow
Date of application: 03/06/2014
Payment method: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04/06/2014 (Royal Mail Tracking)
Date of acknowledgment: TBC
Date of debit or clearance of fees: TBC
Date approval received: TBC
Date of ceremony: TBC

yaspushp
Newly Registered

Post by yaspushp » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:03 am

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 3yr spouse of BC + 2 yr ILR
Method of application: NCS Chelmsford
Date of receipt by UKBA: 27-May-2014
Date of debit of fees: Not Yet
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:
Date of Ceremony:

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:53 am

Hi, I wanted to apply for naturalisation. So just wanted to know what sort of documents do I need. I am a spouse of a British citizen. And I'm planning to do it through NCS. I want suggestions please.

Lcj

Post by Lcj » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:09 pm

Eligibility criteria: 10yrs LR + 1 yr ILR.
Language criteria: LIUK and uk naric ELA letter.
Method of application: self post.
Date of application: 23/05/14.
Date of reciept by homeoffice: 27/05/15 Royal Mail tracking.
Date of clearance of fees: 04/05/14.
Date of reciept of acknowledgement: not yet
Date of reciept of approval: not yet
Date I ceremony: not yet

Sakram
Newly Registered

Post by Sakram » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:09 am

Bhupal wrote:
mhent wrote:
Bhupal wrote:Hello all,

Regards
Bhupal[/quote

Hi Bhupal

Good luck
Hi mhent,
Thanks for your quick reply.As I mention before I have Life in UK certificate done in 2012.DO I have to get B1 Speaking and listening even I have got ABE (Association of Business Executive) Level 5 and 6 in Business Management from UK,which is equivalent to UK degree and recently I am doing Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management(Level 7) in London as well.

Many thanks,
With best regards,
Bhupal
Hi bhupal
To apply for naturalisation u have to be in the country for altleast 5 years and 3 years for British spouse as u have been in country for 10 years you can apply for naturalisation as soon as you got your ILR in your case it was Oct 2013 so u r eligible to apply for naturalisation but make sure you.dont have any conviction or cautions from police in the last 12 months as you mentioned that you are doing Pgd level 7 in UK you will be exempt from the English language requirement

JavKhan03
Newly Registered

Post by JavKhan03 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:09 am

Hi Guys,

HO call center information is strange.

I called HO on 29th May and progress was decision being made.
Then called again on Monday 2nd June then progress was Application under consideration.
Then called again on Tuesday 3rd June and progress was Decision being made and waiting letters to be printed.
Called again on Wednesday and progress was Application is in final stages please wait and you will get decision soon

And finally called today and progress was application is progressing normally please wait for 6 months. ha ha haha

So i am not sure if decision being made then how come application status jump back and forth.

Council name if NCS used: Oldham
Date of application: 10/04/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14/04/2014
Date of acknowlegment: 23/04/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 23/04/2014
Date approval received: Waiting

jimbozimbo
Newly Registered

Post by jimbozimbo » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:11 am

jimbozimbo wrote:Application Timeline :
Eligibility criteria: 5 year ancestral + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS Northampton (20/05/2014)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21/05/2014
Date of debit of fees: 29/05/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 04/06/2014
Date of receipt of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:39 pm

Hi, I am confused about one question in form-an. It is 3.5 about tax office address or reference. Could anyone explain what is that please? I hope someone will help me with that. Thank you

mhent

Post by mhent » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:49 pm

Regards
Bhupal[/quote

Hi Bhupal

Good luck[/quote][/quote]

Hi mhent,

Many thanks,
With best regards,
Bhupal[/quote]
Hi bhupal
To apply for naturalisation u have to be in the country for altleast 5 years and 3 years for British spouse as u have been in country for 10 years you can apply for naturalisation as soon as you got your ILR in your case it was Oct 2013 so u r eligible to apply for naturalisation but make sure you.dont have any conviction or cautions from police in the last 12 months as you mentioned that you are doing Pgd level 7 in UK you will be exempt from the English language requirement[/quote]

Dear

IF you have your life in the UK notification letter then attach it with the application. Now you need to prove your B1 speaking and listening qualification,if your course which you have done is equivalent to a degree by NARIC then you would need to send the certificate of your level 5 and level 6 along with printout of the PBS( this can be done on the UKBA website. Please refer to this link for confirmation ( https://www.gov.uk/english-language)

Regarding the date you can make your application then your application should not reach the UKBA before 20/10/2014 because on this date you will be free from immigration time restrictions for 12 months, you will be exempt from this ONLY if you are married to a British citizen

Good luck

guesschinee
Newly Registered

Post by guesschinee » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:26 pm

Eligibility criteria: Married to British Citizen 2yrs + 1 years ILR
Language criteria met : IELTS
Method of application: NCS Bristol
Date of application: 14/04/2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 15/04/2014
Date of acknowledgment: received 02/05/2014 dated 25/04/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 25/04/2014
Date approval received: 05/06/2014 dated 27th May 2014
Date of ceremony: 06/06/2014
Thanks all for the encouragement and the information on this forum. I am having my Ceremony tomorrow been 6th of June by 10am

Good luck to all still waiting.

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:38 am

Hi mhent,

Thanks for your reply.You mention a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English.Do I really need to do PBS calculator as well.But if how to do I tried once it said only for Tier 2 or Tier 4, n 5.Also I have got ILETS overall score 6.0(Listening:6.5,Reading: 6.0, Writing: 6.0,Speaking:5.5)done in Feb 2012.Can I show this IELTS score with my ABE Diploma Level 5 and 6 certificate as well.As always,I welcome your comment on this matter and your suggestion for additional analyses.

Regards,
Bhupal

quote="mhent"]I have been UK as a student visa 10 years and got my ILR 20 OCTOBER 2013,My question are

Regards
Bhupal[/quote

Hi Bhupal

Good luck[/quote][/quote]

Hi mhent,

Many thanks,
With best regards,
Bhupal[/quote]
Hi bhupal
To apply for naturalisation u have to be in the country for altleast 5 years and 3 years for British spouse as u have been in country for 10 years you can apply for naturalisation as soon as you got your ILR in your case it was Oct 2013 so u r eligible to apply for naturalisation but make sure you.dont have any conviction or cautions from police in the last 12 months as you mentioned that you are doing Pgd level 7 in UK you will be exempt from the English language requirement[/quote]

Dear

IF you have your life in the UK notification letter then attach it with the application. Now you need to prove your B1 speaking and listening qualification,if your course which you have done is equivalent to a degree by NARIC then you would need to send the certificate of your level 5 and level 6 along with printout of the PBS( this can be done on the UKBA website. Please refer to this link for confirmation ( https://www.gov.uk/english-language)

Regarding the date you can make your application then your application should not reach the UKBA before 20/10/2014 because on this date you will be free from immigration time restrictions for 12 months, you will be exempt from this ONLY if you are married to a British citizen

Good luck[/quote]

yaspushp
Newly Registered

Post by yaspushp » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:31 am

yaspushp wrote:Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 3yr spouse of BC + 2 yr ILR
Method of application: NCS Chelmsford
Date of receipt by UKBA: 27-May-2014
Date of debit of fees: 4-Jun-2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:
Date of Ceremony:

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:07 am

People who applied for naturalisation recently, could you please tell me how did you find ur tax office address or tax office reference number in sec 3.5? I only can find my employer reference number on my payslip and p60. Please help me with that

mhent

Post by mhent » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:14 am

Rahel1984 wrote:People who applied for naturalisation recently, could you please tell me how did you find ur tax office address or tax office reference number in sec 3.5? I only can find my employer reference number on my payslip and p60. Please help me with that

Its your employer's tax reference with HMRC its also called PAYE reference. You will have it on some letters from HMRC perhaps on tax code letter this how it might look (456/WC76543)

Good Luck

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:17 am

mhent wrote:
Rahel1984 wrote:People who applied for naturalisation recently, could you please tell me how did you find ur tax office address or tax office reference number in sec 3.5? I only can find my employer reference number on my payslip and p60. Please help me with that

Its your employer's tax reference with HMRC its also called PAYE reference. You will have it on some letters from HMRC perhaps on tax code letter this how it might look (456/WC76543)

Good Luck
I found employer paye reference number on my p60. Is it the one?

mhent

Post by mhent » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:36 am

Rahel1984 wrote:
mhent wrote:

Good Luck
I found employer paye reference number on my p60. Is it the one?

Does it look like this format 123/AA123456 ? If yes then it is the one

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:42 am

That exactly looks like this format. Thank you mhent for you help