ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kamransh
Mood:

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by kamransh » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:08 pm

fielddrive wrote:Has anyone received invite to submit Biometrics recently? :?:
I applied on 09/08/2014, got acknowledgement on 13/08/2014 and still waiting for bio letter.

when did you apply?

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:13 pm

kamransh wrote:
I applied on 09/08/2014, got acknowledgement on 13/08/2014 and still waiting for bio letter.

when did you apply?
I see.. there are a few people who applied after you and they have received / recorded biometrics according to the drive

I applied on 21st Aug

kamransh
Mood:

Post by kamransh » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:18 pm

fielddrive wrote:
kamransh wrote:

when did you apply?
I see.. there are a few people who applied after you and they have received / recorded biometrics according to the drive

I applied on 21st Aug
yeah just saw it. I will wait until end on the week and then call.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:28 pm

alice000999 wrote:Thank you! My entrepreneur visa was successful after 9 month wait...

From what I've read in this forum, if the case is straight forward (no overstay, no gaps, holidays within allowance) no additional docs need to be submitted... just standard list as indicated in the application.

Is that right? Can anyone please point out what value can solicitor have in this application?

Thank you, guys. I appreciate your advice.

Alice
Hello Alice ,

Ofcourse if you have won your case of entrepreneur and if your case is straightforward then i don't think so you should go to solicitor ...Applying SET(LR) is so easy to apply with all the listed required documents .....

Can anyone please point out what value can solicitor have in this application? ????? Didn't get your question ? what do u mean by value ? u mean monetary value ? :D then its also vary from solicitor to solicitor ..( my guess £200 to £500) but here i can tell you that those solicitor are doing nothing special to the application some times they type a covering letter on their letter pad and just submit the case and charging applicants (£200 to £500) and in few cases solicitor couldn't even updated themselves and never updated their clients or delaying their clients regarding any acknowledgment letter /bio letters and refusal/approaval letter and all ......... i know few of my friends who quoted £ 800 to £ 1000 as well in which they are offering a services of barrister as well ( barrister fees is inclusive ) in some cases where the applicants and solicitor themselves are sure that HO will refuse their cases and they have to go to appeal option then they go to option where solicitor charging them barrister fees as well ....

Normally applicants apply through solicitors where the applicants has to vary their application from the existing application to SET(LR) or their appeal are still in pending or there were doubt of any long residency continuity ......

Hope its help,
Regards ,
S.Akaram

aprboom

Post by aprboom » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:34 pm

ukvisaengland wrote:by the grace of Allah I received my documents and ILR Brb card today :). thanks every one in this forum it has been a long wait but eventually is over now. special thanks to Shajee for helping other people even though they are asking the same questions. Guys we should organise something and buy a gift to Shajee for his support and help :) . Abrboom and Shez1330 is your turn I think you will have a good news in these days. once again thank you all and I wish good luck for the people who are still waiting. we all deserve it. we have been living and contributing in this country over 10 years :) ;)
Well done brother, Southampton would be on fire tonight :) Finally Allah has rewarded you for your patience. Thank you for wishing us, need your prayers.

aprboom

Post by aprboom » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:39 pm

aprboom wrote:
ukvisaengland wrote:by the grace of Allah I received my documents and ILR Brb card today :). thanks every one in this forum it has been a long wait but eventually is over now. special thanks to Shajee for helping other people even though they are asking the same questions. Guys we should organise something and buy a gift to Shajee for his support and help :) . Abrboom and Shez1330 is your turn I think you will have a good news in these days. once again thank you all and I wish good luck for the people who are still waiting. we all deserve it. we have been living and contributing in this country over 10 years :) ;)
Well done brother, Southampton would be on fire tonight :) Finally Allah has rewarded you for your patience. Thank you for wishing us, need your prayers.

PS: Shahjee for president ! ;)

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:25 pm

aprboom wrote:
aprboom wrote:

Hi ukvisaengland,
Hurrah hurrah great news mate, took a bit long but never mind it is with you now. Now fun times, free times and happy times. Well done and well deserved. Enjoy your freedom. My prayers and best wishes with you and your family.
@ aprboom, you made my day, there I am laughing my head off, and my wife and kids think I have gone nuts :lol: what a comment .... Absolutely love it. I will take you up on the call for Presidency though :lol:
You take care, and keep the atmosphere full of fun and laughter like this. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:39 pm

alice000999 wrote:Thank you! My entrepreneur visa was successful after 9 month wait...

From what I've read in this forum, if the case is straight forward (no overstay, no gaps, holidays within allowance) no additional docs need to be submitted... just standard list as indicated in the application.

Is that right? Can anyone please point out what value can solicitor have in this application?

Thank you, guys. I appreciate your advice.

Alice
Hi Alice,
Welcome to the forum. I fully agree with S. Akaram that a solicitor can add no value to your application, especially if you have a straight forward case. It is a very straight forward application form, no complications, nothing much to attach, except all your previous passports covering the last 10 years, old BRP, life in UK test result, English language qualification, two photos and obviously the right application form and the right fee :lol: that is what the Home Office is more interesting in, as they know once you have completed 10 years continuos legal stay in this country they can't stop you from getting ILR, as this is a rule under European convention of Human rights. The only thing they can do is to make sure charge you good money, and than they make sure to creat hurdles for your immediate dependents to prolong their time to get ILR, as very recently they changed the rules for the dependents to further spend another 5 years to get settlement, which is an absolutely wrong and arbitrary rule.
I hope it helps. All the best with your application.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:41 pm

HI mahrus ,

Congratulation to you too that you got your approval on 8/09/2014

According to your time line on google drive :

4 year student + 1 year igs + 1 year psw + 2 year general tier 1 + 1 year waiting for human rights visa + 1 year court proceeding and then human rights visa issued up to 2016

very long and difficult journey :) so very well deserved :P

Best of luck for your bright future ahead ,

Thanks for updating your status on google drive ......

Regards ,

S.Akaram

skywatcher
Newly Registered

plz sign e-petition

Post by skywatcher » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:48 am

alice000999
Newly Registered

Post by alice000999 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:59 am

Thank you very much S. Akaram and Shahjee.

It feels that ILR is not something you want to be saving money on if there is a slightly better chance to get things right with a solicitor... At the same time I am confident I can do the application myself. So it seems the real value of the solicitor is the piece of mind and belief that you’ve done the best you could.

Thanks again, guys and good luck to you!

Alice

ukvisaengland
- thin ice -

Post by ukvisaengland » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:26 am

PS: Shahjee for president ! ;)[/quote]

Hi ukvisaengland,
Hurrah hurrah great news mate, took a bit long but never mind it is with you now. Now fun times, free times and happy times. Well done and well deserved. Enjoy your freedom. My prayers and best wishes with you and your family.
@ aprboom, you made my day, there I am laughing my head off, and my wife and kids think I have gone nuts :lol: what a comment .... Absolutely love it. I will take you up on the call for Presidency though :lol:
You take care, and keep the atmosphere full of fun and laughter like this. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
[/quote]

Thank you guys for your wishes and support I am really appreciated. It was one of my best days I cant believe I have been here over 10 years. time is flying we have gone through a good and bad times during these years thanks Allah there is no more immigration restrictions :). I am prying and wishing good luck for the rest of members. Thanks Shahjee, aprboom, Shez and the rest of the member. keep on the good work guys and the good news on its way :) :)

shan83
Newly Registered

Post by shan83 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:09 pm

aurnoc wrote:
shan83 wrote:I am currently holding a Tier 2 general visa which will expire in 2017 April. But my 10 year stay in the UK will be completed on the 29th of September 2014. So I am planing to apply for the permanent residency visa category in September 29th using SET(ILR) application.
I am a married person and my wife is currently under Tier 2 general visa category (dependant of my visa) which will expire in April 2017 (same as mine). She's being in the UK for almost one year. I want to clarify few things before I apply for the PR. Hope you can advise me on these matters.

1.Can my Wife apply with me at the same time using FLR (M)?
2.If she's unable to apply on the same time,
a)when can she apply?
b)will the current visa she's holding automatically get cancelled when I get my PR?
c)Is there a time gap for her to apply for PR dependant visa ones I got my PR?

Thank you.
Best regards
Shan.
Hi Shan,

Your wife can apply at the same time, using form FLR M (language and financial requirement). She can also apply later after your PR is approved, there is no definite time limit but the sooner she applies, the better for her. She cannot travel until she has switched to FLR M. You can call HO for peace of mind.

My advice is that you send her application along with yours. The sooner she gets FLR M, the sooner her 5 year clock starts.

Wish you best of luck.
Thank you very much for your advice. Really appreciate :)

Shay14
Newly Registered

Post by Shay14 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:13 pm

Congratulations to all members who has just received their ILR. Remaining april applicants, little more patience, you are nearly there :)
Remaining May applicants (including me) - countdown has begun :)
Good luck all.

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:49 pm

Shay14 wrote:Congratulations to all members who has just received their ILR. Remaining april applicants, little more patience, you are nearly there :)
Remaining May applicants (including me) - countdown has begun :)
Good luck all.
Countdown, Anxiety, Depression, Thoughts of Murder....
V

aprboom

Post by aprboom » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:54 pm

ukvisaengland wrote:Well done brother, Southampton would be on fire tonight :) Finally Allah has rewarded you for your patience. Thank you for wishing us, need your prayers.

Hi ukvisaengland,
Kind regards
Shahjee
[/quote]

Thank you guys for your wishes and support I am really appreciated. It was one of my best days I cant believe I have been here over 10 years. time is flying we have gone through a good and bad times during these years thanks Allah there is no more immigration restrictions :). I am prying and wishing good luck for the rest of members. Thanks Shahjee, aprboom, Shez and the rest of the member. keep on the good work guys and the good news on its way :) :)

Dear brothers in arms,

Finally the blessed news hit me earlier in the day and I was informed that by the grace of Allah, HO has approved the application. I used to look in the mirror and thought of myself as a character from one of those epic movies like gladiator, braveheart, 300, troy but in the past week or so when the approval didn't come, mind scrambled, lost a few more hair, and when pressure was on, legs were feeling weary but Alhumdulillah everything just feels so nice at the minute even my sleazy boss :)

I thank you all for showing great support. Ukvisaengland! Keep your spirits high buddy. Shez1330! We are desperately waiting
To hear from you, and InshaAllah by the time you read this message you will have your own story to tell.

Shahjee Shahjee! How can we all forget you? Even if we wanted to :)

You have put a smile on so many faces this year so I was doing my bit to give some of your own medicine back to you, that's all! I see some of the group members have already started calling you DR. ;) You are a genuinely good person with a genuine blue font and may Allah keep you and your family safe and happy.

Last but not least, I will inform everyone as soon as I get my hands on my passport, degree Certs and my brp.

Lots of love, good wishes and prays for all!

Aprboom

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:56 pm

aprboom wrote:
ukvisaengland wrote:Well done brother, Southampton would be on fire tonight :) Finally Allah has rewarded you for your patience. Thank you for wishing us, need your prayers.

Hi ukvisaengland,
Kind regards
Shahjee

Dear brothers in arms,

Finally the blessed news hit me earlier in the day and I was informed that by the grace of Allah, HO has approved the application. I used to look in the mirror and thought of myself as a character from one of those epic movies like gladiator, braveheart, 300, troy but in the past week or so when the approval didn't come, mind scrambled, lost a few more hair, and when pressure was on, legs were feeling weary but Alhumdulillah everything just feels so nice at the minute even my sleazy boss :)

I thank you all for showing great support. Ukvisaengland! Keep your spirits high buddy. Shez1330! We are desperately waiting
To hear from you, and InshaAllah by the time you read this message you will have your own story to tell.

Shahjee Shahjee! How can we all forget you? Even if we wanted to :)

You have put a smile on so many faces this year so I was doing my bit to give some of your own medicine back to you, that's all! I see some of the group members have already started calling you DR. ;) You are a genuinely good person with a genuine blue font and may Allah keep you and your family safe and happy.

Last but not least, I will inform everyone as soon as I get my hands on my passport, degree Certs and my brp.

Lots of love, good wishes and prays for all!

Aprboom[/quote]

Well done,

Now you may breathe as a free person...
V

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:11 pm

@aprboom ,

April boom boom !! :D
Congratulation !!!
Enjoy your freedom ........

Did u send pre paid envelope ?

Thanks
Regards ,
S.Akaram

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi,
A small silly question but useful. That what are the best envelopes/bags for sending and receiving back (prepaid) from HO from following list:

Plastic mailing bags
Paper envelope
Paper bubble envelope

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi,
A small silly question but useful. That what are the best envelopes/bags for sending and receiving back (prepaid) from HO from following list:

Plastic mailing bags
Paper envelope
Paper bubble envelope

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:59 pm

cool mind wrote:Hi,

Plastic mailing bags
Paper envelope
Paper bubble envelope

Hello cool mind, I would say it doesn't really matter which envelope you decided to use. The preferred envelopes are the plastic and bubble ones as they are very rigid to withstand all the sorting process as they travel from HO to your home address.
Hope this helps
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:02 pm

cool mind wrote:Hi,

Plastic mailing bags
Paper envelope
Paper bubble envelope

Hello Coolmind ,

Its really doesn't make any difference although plastic bags and paper bubble envelope are most reliable ...post office guys will help you out for pre paid track able special delivery :P
But don't forget take the snap of track able reference number from the prepaid envelope or post office reciept will have that reference number printed on it :) so the only reason you are sending pre paid special delivery envelope so you can easily track your document through their website by keep checking on their web site after three months for your own piece of mind otherwise HO will send you on second class registered post where i think you can not track them

Btw you never share your time line with us :lol: or you still collecting information on every bit and pieces of useful question :)

Best of luck
Regards
S.AKaram

K4

Post by K4 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:13 pm

hi everyone

applied 29/08/2014
payment taken on 02/09/2014
still haven't received the acknowledgement letter should i ring HO if i do what should i say to them?

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:33 pm

K4 wrote:hi everyone

applied 29/08/2014
still haven't received the acknowledgement letter should i ring HO if i do what should i say to them?

Hello K4,
Don't worry ...wait for one more week or probably it will be on transit so hopefully will be with you by next week .

Regards ,
S.Akaram

K4

Post by K4 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:34 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
K4 wrote:hi everyone

applied 29/08/2014

Hello K4,
Don't worry ...wait for one more week or probably it will be on transit so hopefully will be with you by next week .

Regards ,
S.Akaram
thanks S.Akaram will do that