ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependant child - VFS chennai confused me

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sureshkk22

ILR Dependant child - VFS chennai confused me

Post by sureshkk22 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi All,

I am on ILR since Jan 2013 and my wife is Tier 1 dependent since October 2012 (she is serving 5 years probationary period
to obtain ILR). My son was born in india. By going through all posts in this forum and asking few people, I came to the conclusion, that the visa category for my son applying from India is Tier 1 General dependant(child). This makes very much sense because since both parents are not settled yet (my wife is still tier 1 dependant), child cannot apply for settlement from India.

But this morning, when my wife went to VFS chennai to submit the documents, the VFS staff suggested visa category for child is settlement and not tier 1 dependant and can be applied as tier 1 dependant at my own risk. I was still sure I was right, so we went ahead and applied in Tier 1 dependant category.

I am still worried of rejection. Can someone help with this and please let me know I have done right and not lost all my visa fee money?

Thanks

O_Relly

Re: ILR Dependant child - VFS chennai confused me

Post by O_Relly » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:23 pm

The VFS staff should really stop giving wrong advice to applicants. Don't worry, you did the right thing, should all be fine.
Cheers,
OR