ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA, 5 year residence permit expires on 15 Jan 2015

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Plumbug
Newly Registered

EEA, 5 year residence permit expires on 15 Jan 2015

Post by Plumbug » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I am very new to this post and was wondering if someone can help me please. I feel very stressed as not sure what to do.

I am a South African and have a EEA, 5 year residence document to live and work in the UK. My residence permit expires on the 15th of January 2015, I wasn't too sure when to apply for a permanent residence card EEA4 permit but decided I will send all documents in on 6 of January 2015 as I booked a 14 day holiday to Egypt Sharm El Shaik.

I went on the Egyptian consulates website today to see when I have to apply for my visa and saw that you have to have a UK visa valid for 6 months before expiry date. I have already paid for this holiday and dates are 22 Dec '14 to 5 Jan '15. I am quite worried now as my permit expires on 15 January '15! My question to all of you are, will I be able to obtain a tourist visa from Egypt or will this not be possible due to me not having 6 months on the permit?

I would really appreciate your help and guidance.

Thank you

Karin

Plumbug
Newly Registered

Re: EEA, 5 year residence permit expires on 15 Jan 2015

Post by Plumbug » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:27 am

Plumbug wrote:Hi everyone,

I am very new to this post and was wondering if someone can help me please. I feel very stressed as not sure what to do.

I am a South African and have a EEA, 5 year residence document to live and work in the UK. My residence permit expires on the 15th of January 2015, I wasn't too sure when to apply for a permanent residence card EEA4 permit but decided I will send all documents in on 6 of January 2015 as I booked a 14 day holiday to Egypt Sharm El Shaik.

I went on the Egyptian consulates website today to see when I have to apply for my visa and saw that you have to have a UK visa valid for 6 months before expiry date. I have already paid for this holiday and dates are 22 Dec '14 to 5 Jan '15. I am quite worried now as my permit expires on 15 January '15! My question to all of you are, will I be able to obtain a tourist visa from Egypt or will this not be possible due to me not having 6 months on the permit?

I would really appreciate your help and guidance.

Thank you

Karin