ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer Letter for Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

m.asif

Employer Letter for Spouse visa

Post by m.asif » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:23 pm

Hi All

I am applying to switch my wife's visa from PBS dependant to ILR dependant as I recently got ILR on 10 years basis.To fulfil financial requirement I am relying on my salary which easily meets the minimum requirement. I've requested my company to provide employer letter which they have provided with below details.

Job Title
Dates of Employment
Annual Salary
Employment detsails -Full time

However type of employment (permanant, FTC etc) is not mentioned on the letter. I asked them to add type of employment on the letter however HR personnel said that they use this as a template for all letters for home office.

I am a bit worried if this could cause issues with my application. Please advise.

Kind regards

Rayking

Re: Employer Letter for Spouse visa

Post by Rayking » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Type of employment, Employment details: full time,what's the difference, nothing to worry about, your answer is there. :D

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:14 am

The requirements are:

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:

(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

m.asif

Post by m.asif » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:36 pm

Thank you batleykhan and Rayking.

As mentaioned by batleykhan in point (iv) employer letter should also mention employment type. Should I send the letter provided by HR without mentioning type of employment as HR insist that this is the standard letter they provide to UKVI?

legalalien

Post by legalalien » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:54 am

I had similar problems with my HR department giving a standard letter that doesnt include all the required details as per documents guidance. I printed the copy of the requirements from the homeoffice website and took to the HR department and insisted that they include all information - I told them that the application is pricey for me to deviate from what is clearly written on the homeoffice page.

Clearly some people must have got away with standard format letter, but I dont like to take my chances so i insisted until they agreed (probably to shut me up)