ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Best strategy for moving to Ireland with non-EU spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zucker
Newly Registered

Re: Best strategy for moving to Ireland with non-EU spouse

Post by Zucker » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:35 pm

This is a hypothetical question.
I am a non-EU citizen, married to a EU(but not Irish) citizen for 3years, been living in another EU country for 2years and WE now want to live in Ireland.
Do we rock up in Ireland, get the 90day visitors (what do I say at immigration?) and go apply for a stamp4 and pps nr. Or can I write a letter applying for the stamp4 before my arrival. In other words, applying from outside of Ireland, saying that we cant afford not to work while waiting for my stamp. How long does it take to be issued with a stamp4?
What we have to offer is:
1. our marriage certificate and apostille
2. proof of residence outside Ire in another EU country
3. passports
4. Bank statement saying howmuch savings we have
What we do not have is:
1. any address confirming residency in Ireland
2. no jobs or job offers for either of us

Can this work? I've seen posts where people got asked for the job contract of the EU spouse before stamp4 for the partner was granted.

I have also found this on another forum:
"I am a British citizen and my wife is Singaporean. We are currently living in Waterford, Ireland. It's very simple. We both arrived in Ireland (stayed with a friend initially). We went to the Garda National Immigration Bureau in Dublin, showed them my British passport, my wife's Singapore passport and our marriage certificate. My wife's passport was then stamped with a residency permit and she had her photo taken and given a Registration Card (a bit like an ID card). The process took about half an hour and was fuss-free. The next day we both applied for our PPS numbers, they came in about 2-3 days through the post. Now have these we can both work legally in Ireland. As the residency stamp and ID card is only valid for one year at a time, we must go back to Dublin once a year to get them renewed. After four years my wife will have permenant residency and hence have no need to make such annual visits. Now, as you are a non-EEA male married to an EEA female, the procedure is slightly different. Instead of having your Nigeran passport stamped with a residency permit, you will be issued with a seperate Residency Permit (I believe this may be in the form of an ID card, though I'm not sure). This is because wives are considered not to be independent of their husbands. In any case, it's more or less the same thing. So, in a nutshell, just arrive in Ireland, you and your wife go to the Garda National Immigration Bureau in Dublin, show both your passports plus marriage cert, and job done. Very easy. You cannot be refused, as your wife has a legal right to live in the Republic of Ireland without restriction. As her husband, you have exactly the same right as she does. You will both be entitled to Public Funds including housing benifet, unemployment benefit, child benefit, healthcare etc etc. Here is a link that will confirm everything I have stated:
http://migration.ucc.ie/cdvec.htm "

Anyone :?: :roll:

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:30 pm

That's a load of B.S unless the person applied atleast 1 and half years ago. Be prepared for a minimum 6 month wait. It does not matter if the Non-E.U spouse is male or female, they both cannot get the stamp4 unless they show residency in another E.U country before arriving in Ireland.IF they had been given stamp4 residency 2 years ago, they will be denied when they come up for renewal unless they show residency in another E.U country prior to moving here. Again, they might luck out if the GNIB officer is too drunk/a newbie to realize the intricacies of the situation.unfortunately, that's how the situation stands till the court case is resolved in October.
The link you provided is almost from a different century compared to ground reality here in Ireland.