ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

June 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

[iD]

Re: June 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by [iD] » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:45 am

laz1970 wrote:Hi all 7 months now since my application didn't hear or receive anything called today on 0300 number and was told that my application is under review and if I want information I should write to them .don't know what that mean is it refused? Does any one have a similar situation please advice thank you
No it's not, it just means that your application is still in progress (more likely sitting somewhere catching dust). You should write to your mp asking him/her to interfere to get more info on it.
Goodluck.

laz1970
Newly Registered

Post by laz1970 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:18 am

Thank you (ID) I will write to my local MP aswel as writing s letter to the home office and see what happens .those days they refuse on anything it won't be long before they start refusing on the ground that you smoke ,drink,staying awake after 10 pm .and the 6 months wait will be 60 years and you should apply as soon as your born otherwise you will miss onwill miss on it .the fees will be a mortgage .

Poya11

Post by Poya11 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:36 am

[quote="Poya11"]Date of application: 23/06/2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 24/06/2014 (Royal Mail Tracking)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 30/06/2014
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting[/]
:oops: :oops: waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting

Poya11

Post by Poya11 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:42 am

Hi all 7 months now since my application didn't hear or receive anything :oops:
I am not happy at all for what they do this is not fair because one of my friend sent his Application he got after 2 months only :twisted: :evil: :oops: :oops:

Poya11

Post by Poya11 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:47 am

Hi I am in same situation there's nothing you can do all you have to do just waiting. They just choice and pick

Annajako
Newly Registered

Post by Annajako » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:31 am

Hi everyone!
That's my status
EU citizen Poland
Date of application: 26/06/2014
NCS Ampthill
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30/06/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 01/07/2014
Date of ceremony: Waiting
I though I will join you folks as I am waiting forever too. I contacted HO twice just to receive the standard reply. I do not want to contact my MP or write them as then it will interrupt my waiting for actual thing if you know what I mean ;)
Fingers crossed for all of us :)

ohojska

Post by ohojska » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:07 pm

Annajako wrote:Hi everyone!
That's my status
EU citizen Poland
Date of application: 26/06/2014
NCS Ampthill
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30/06/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 01/07/2014
Date of ceremony: Waiting
I though I will join you folks as I am waiting forever too. I contacted HO twice just to receive the standard reply. I do not want to contact my MP or write them as then it will interrupt my waiting for actual thing if you know what I mean ;)
Fingers crossed for all of us :)

Hi Anna,
did you apply without the PR confirmation?

Annajako
Newly Registered

Post by Annajako » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:23 pm

Hi,
Yes, I applied without PR confirmation. Does it make it longer? I am nearly 10 years in the UK now.

emfrench
Newly Registered

Post by emfrench » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:36 pm

Currently it appears applications of EEA without PR are not being processed since April 2014 so there is a huge backlog...
Annajako wrote:Hi,
Yes, I applied without PR confirmation. Does it make it longer? I am nearly 10 years in the UK now.

therian
Newly Registered

Post by therian » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:54 pm

Hi all

It's finally my turn to post some good news - my husband's approval arrived today, just more than seven months later...

Eligibility criteria: 6 years HM Armed Forces (exempt from immigration control)
Language criteria met: UK NARIC language assessment of overseas degree + Life in UK
Method of application: NCS Northallerton
Date of application: 09/06/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 10/06/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 19/06/2014 (dated 16/06)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 13/06/2014
Date approval received: 23/01/2015 (dated 21/01/2015)
Date of ceremony: TBC

My husband phoned yesterday and was told it was still 'in progress', when it was clearly approved the day before, so I think it's safe to say that calling them is utterly pointless. Best of luck to all those still waiting - I think it's purely luck of the draw whether your application gets processed timeously or not, and there really doesn't seem to be anything that anyone can do to speed it up in any way. This has been a hideously frustrating and nerve-wracking seven month wait for us, so anyone still waiting has both my sympathy and understanding. It will come through eventually, and I hope for all your sakes that you won't have to wait much longer.

As soon as my husband has his new passport, and we've managed to somehow magic up another £1K, it will be my turn to join the queue so our frustration is long from over.

Best of luck to you all, and thank you for providing some sanity and loads of encouragement during this ordeal.

Londoner078
Newly Registered

Post by Londoner078 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:34 pm

ok 7 month today, sent a letter to my case worker on the 29/12/2014 and still no respond, contacted MP and he said all we can do is to send a letter to your case worker which you did already, so MP is kinda useless too i wouldnt recommend that
I have made an official complaint because this is too unprofessional, they don't do anything until they get their £906, but we have to wait !!! congratulations to those whom received their approval.

Warrenpfo
Newly Registered

Post by Warrenpfo » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:39 pm

Great news and some hope for the rest of us.

This is the reply my MP (Theresa May) got when she requested an update on my behalf....

Dear Ms May

Thank you for your email correspondence of 18 December 2014 with enclosures on behalf of Mr XXXXXXXXX of the XXXXX, Berkshire, about his application for naturalisation as a British citizen.

Mr XXXXXXX submitted his application on 6 June 2014.

The Independent Chief Inspector’s report of 11 December 2014 highlighted that some individuals had not been subject to sufficient scrutiny in relation to their immigration history. We have now revised our guidance and are looking at those cases in detail to assess the impact these changes will have on the outcome of the application for British Citizenship. Due to the additional checks required these cases will take a little longer to consider. We apologise for the delay any customers have experienced in receiving their decision.

We will endeavour to finalise Mr XXXXXXX’s application at the earliest opportunity, and will write to him as soon as the necessary checks are complete and his application has been decided. I am unable, however, to provide an estimated timescale for completion.

Yours sincerely

Mrs J Sajeev
Assistant Director
Customer Service Operations

So even our MP's and mine in particular who has some significant input into the immigration system are getting blown off with the std response.

Its a joke and wish we had some case for a class action suit against the system....

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:32 pm

you are not saying that Home Secretary Theresa May got a canned response from Home Office, her portolio department, are you? Or is your post a joke?

Warrenpfo
Newly Registered

Post by Warrenpfo » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:43 pm

Its an honest answer. I am a Maidenhead resident and she is my local MP.

I have responded with my thoughts so lets see what she says.

Babloo85

Post by Babloo85 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:35 am

It's a freakin joke. They got another excuse to get away. Otherwise how come people who applied only 30 days ago have already got their approvals.
I wrote an email to my MP today and I have specifically explained this in that email that I won't accept a reply with excuse about chief inspector because my friend applied on 17th of last month and got approval 13th of this month with Xmas n new year holidays it's less than 10 working days so how come my application is still on hold for 6 months.
I wish I could take them into court for serving people who applied last month and ignoring who applied months ago.

madzik1016
Newly Registered

Post by madzik1016 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:53 pm

7 months and one week now.
Still waiting for a letter from my MP and Solicitor.
EU

Poya11

Post by Poya11 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:40 am

hi all this is ridiculous my application was sent to home office with one of my friend at the same time he got everything back with 2 months and I am still waiting whichs unfair :oops:

laz1970
Newly Registered

Post by laz1970 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:53 pm

Think about the worst .ill rather wait s year for approval then 3 weeks for a refusal .the best thing is just forget about it andand it eventually will come when less expected

Poya11

Post by Poya11 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:10 pm

I h been waiting since 22/06/2014 and I already told my local MP to get me some information I think he can't do :evil: :evil:

laz1970
Newly Registered

Post by laz1970 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:26 am

I've been waiting since 9june 2014 not much o can do apart from wait

Poya11

Post by Poya11 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:20 am

unfairly they just do choose and pick

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:07 pm

Annajako wrote:Hi,
It took them almost 7 months to process mine, and from what I gather I'm one of the first ones in this forum to have been dealt with. I've been resident in the UK since 1 June 2005, so roughly 9 years by the time I applied.

They say the absence of a PR card "can" lead to delays. However, bear in mind that applying for a PR card in the first place will take some time. Maybe (and it's not for certain) the PR card will shorten the processing time for citizenship applications, but if it takes them 7 months to send you your PR card, then it might take them another 3 months to process your citizenship application - you might as well apply without one and wait 10 months, no difference.

It's all a big gamble.

What upset me is that the HO shouldn't state that "in exceptional circumstances" it can take more than 6 months to process applications.

Are we all here exceptional cases?

They shouldn't promise something they can't keep.

I'm going to submit my customer service survey after my citizenship ceremony. One never knows ...

Hugs to all that are still waiting. Don't give up, and pester them as much as you can. Call them daily if need be. Get in touch with your MP. Be a pain in the neck to as many people as you can. It doesn't guarantee anything, but it gave me the feeling that at least I did what I could to change the situation.

Kate
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein

forever.waiting
Newly Registered

Post by forever.waiting » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:39 pm

Hi,

So I called again on 23rd and was told that my case is in the final stages and I should hear something back in the next 2 weeks. The attendant said there is a note on the system and its looking positive.... I just want this anxiety to end!
Also as samaralady said don't lose hope and keep pestering them and your MP and anybody you think can put some pressure on HO.

This seems to be the only way they are picking those old files up and doing something about it.

PS it's going to be 7 months for me end of this month, so hopefully it will be here before then...Fingers crossed its good news :roll:

Julian11

Post by Julian11 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:39 pm

FYI - don't recall seeing this posted here before

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 033753.pdf

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:41 pm

forever.waiting wrote:Hi,

So I called again on 23rd and was told that my case is in the final stages and I should hear something back in the next 2 weeks. The attendant said there is a note on the system and its looking positive.... I just want this anxiety to end!
Also as samaralady said don't lose hope and keep pestering them and your MP and anybody you think can put some pressure on HO.

This seems to be the only way they are picking those old files up and doing something about it.

PS it's going to be 7 months for me end of this month, so hopefully it will be here before then...Fingers crossed its good news :roll:
Final stages sounds good. From the time they told me that on the phone till the time I had my approval letter it was about three weeks, so the end is nigh.

Good luck and fingers crossed!
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein