ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

roger354

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by roger354 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:03 pm

@sugarplum heheheeeee so happy for you, may you and your hubby have great prosperous life together. Thanks for your well wishes :D

@gucci

Just take screen shots and print them off, i did 4 screenshots on one page.
Applied@islamabad on 8/12/2014
Email received Decision delayed on 11/2/2015
Processed email received on 9 march 2015
10th march visa Granted mashallah :D

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:04 pm

pug23 wrote:Wsalam, sorry to hear your refusal. was that the only reason?
Yes this was the only reason given.

do you think its worth my husband taking another test and putting in an appeal? Do you think it would get overturned?[/quote]

It will easier to put a fresh application with an acceptable English language test certificate.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply - I know this would be the quicker route but my current job does not meet the financial requirements and I am falling a little short on savings.
If we were to get another test done and put an appeal forward do you think there are chances of it . overturning or would it be a waste of time?[/quote]

Oh dear, as your option is now limited to appealing there is no harm in doing so and it wont cost much. The only problem is how will he get the test done and obtain results in such a short space of time?
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

pug23

Post by pug23 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:18 pm

tallojani wrote:

do you think its worth my husband taking another test and putting in an appeal? Do you think it would get overturned?
It will easier to put a fresh application with an acceptable English language test certificate.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply - I know this would be the quicker route but my current job does not meet the financial requirements and I am falling a little short on savings.
If we were to get another test done and put an appeal forward do you think there are chances of it . overturning or would it be a waste of time?[/quote]

Oh dear, as your option is now limited to appealing there is no harm in doing so and it wont cost much. The only problem is how will he get the test done and obtain results in such a short space of time?[/quote]

Thanks.
Yeah my options are quite limited. I will have to discuss with hubby and see if there is anyway he can get results within the 28 day provided if not we will have to wait a little while until the shortfall is achievable.

Do you know of test centres that can provide test results asap.

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:24 pm

pug23 wrote:
tallojani wrote:

do you think its worth my husband taking another test and putting in an appeal? Do you think it would get overturned?
It will easier to put a fresh application with an acceptable English language test certificate.

Oh dear, as your option is now limited to appealing there is no harm in doing so and it wont cost much. The only problem is how will he get the test done and obtain results in such a short space of time?[/quote]

Thanks.
Yeah my options are quite limited. I will have to discuss with hubby and see if there is anyway he can get results within the 28 day provided if not we will have to wait a little while until the shortfall is achievable.

Do you know of test centres that can provide test results asap.[/quote]

So sorry for your refusal

All will be well inshallah

Can I ask what was wrong with the english test ?
Visa Granted Shukar Alhamdulillah :)

roger354

Post by roger354 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:38 pm

Toeic english test is not accepted anymore.

pug23

Post by pug23 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:13 pm

do you think its worth my husband taking another test and putting in an appeal? Do you think it would get overturned?[/quote]

Thanks.

Can I ask what was wrong with the english test ?[/quote]

The test has been discontinued and is no longer on the approved list but at the time of my application it was written on the website thst people who have taken the test pre july 2014 will still be considered (something along those line)

Sorry to have to ask in the topic but I don't seem to be getting a response anywhere else.

I wanted to ask when the case is reviewed at appeal stage can the ECO pick out any other point e.g financial requirement or will they just review the reason for refusal and make their decision on refusal points?
And what is the quickest overturn time?

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:18 pm

pug23 wrote:Yes this was the only reason given.

Thanks.

Can I ask what was wrong with the english test ?[/quote]

The test has been discontinued and is no longer on the approved list but at the time of my application it was written on the website thst people who have taken the test pre july 2014 will still be considered (something along those line)

Sorry to have to ask in the topic but I don't seem to be getting a response anywhere else.

I wanted to ask when the case is reviewed at appeal stage can the ECO pick out any other point e.g financial requirement or will they just review the reason for refusal and make their decision on refusal points?
And what is the quickest overturn time?[/quote]

Really?

So which english test is valid now im worried now as my hubby did his few months back x

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:35 pm

roger354 wrote:@gucci9 thought this would help u
10. In respect of non-employment income all the following evidence, in relation to the form of income relied upon, must be provided:
(a) To evidence property rental income:
(i) Confirmation that the person or the person and their partner jointly own the property for
which the rental income is received, through:
(1) A copy of the title deeds of the property or of the title register from the Land Registry (or overseas equivalent); or
(2) A mortgage statement.
(ii) Personal bank statements for the 12-month period prior to the date of application showing the rental income was paid into an account in the name of the person or of the person and their partner jointly.
(iii) A rental agreement or contract.

Thanks so much
very helpful information for me!
So According to this it doesnt have anythnig to do with tax papers on it ?

I hope everything goes fine for me should be submitting my documents in mirpur on the 25th of feb.

xxx

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:49 pm

roger354 wrote:Gucci9 your last bank statement and payslip shpuldnt be older than january 1st 2015 if your online application date is 29th january.(online application date minus 28 days)
Thanks your a star this is the exact kinda answer i was looking for!
:))))))))))))))))))))))))))
So if i get my employer letter this week this should be fine shouldnt it ?

Thanks

x

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:54 pm

gucci9 wrote:
10. In respect of non-employment income all the following evidence, in relation to the form of income relied upon, must be provided:
(i) Confirmation that the person or the person and their partner jointly own the property for
(1) A copy of the title deeds of the property or of the title register from the Land Registry (or overseas equivalent); or
(ii) Personal bank statements for the 12-month period prior to the date of application showing the rental income was paid into an account in the name of the person or of the person and their partner jointly.

Thanks so much

I hope everything goes fine for me should be submitting my documents in mirpur on the 25th of feb.

xxx
You are relying too much on this forum my dear, you have to do some research yourself.
When I read on your behalf the rules in terms of cash income (which is what rental income is), it clearly said any cash income will be accepted as long as appropriate tax on it has been paid. If I am not wrong this has already mentioned to you before.

roger354

Post by roger354 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:58 pm

I read on another forum that if you are relying on rental income then you will have to declare it to hmrc and pay your taxes on it if applicable, i am no expert on this matter so it's better you consult a solicitor.

Optimus Prime
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Optimus Prime » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:30 pm

akhan48 wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:I can barely believe this! Those who applied in Mirpur in December are about to get responses and yet my wife applied in Karachi in October and STILL there is no response at all. I've escalated this for application for a second time last week on Thursday and I haven't received any response to that either. Is this normal for them not to reply to escalation requests at all?

And also, is it normal for them to take 15 weeks to process an application??? I can't find anyone on this forum who applied in October and who hasn't got a response apart from my wife. It's totally mad and it's quite frustrating to be honest. Would appreciate some help on this.
Although my wife has got her visa, do I still keep coming back to check if you got yours! It's normal for them to take a long time, but it's unusual that they aren't giving you any response at all to your escalations. I don't even know what you can do about that. Maybe make an appointment at open clinic with your local MP and see if he/she can get some answers. There's a general election looming so hopefully they might be more pro-active in helping you :?:
I had an email from my solicitor asking about my progress. He mentioned that if they don't respond to your escalation after 10 days, contact them again. I'll contact them on Monday and see what they have to say. Just pray it turns out well because it's a real struggle being the last person on this forum to apply in October and not received anything.

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:33 pm

tallojani wrote:
gucci9 wrote:

Thanks so much

xxx
You are relying too much on this forum my dear, you have to do some research yourself.
When I read on your behalf the rules in terms of cash income (which is what rental income is), it clearly said any cash income will be accepted as long as appropriate tax on it has been paid. If I am not wrong this has already mentioned to you before.

Listen you don't know anything about me so I suggest you don't tell me if I'm relying on this coz I ain't! !!!
Iv got a solicitor and everything and only using this t double check so go keep them comments to your self

and YES I HAVE DECLARED TO THE HMRC! but never paid tax before as I didn't qualify and 12 months bank statements are for before the application so YEA! iv got that and will be paying tax in April! !!

Some people make me sooo angry!

Faz1985ashraf
Newly Registered

Post by Faz1985ashraf » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:39 pm

Salaam all.

On Monday my wife received her VISA.

applied 12/11/14
initial assessment 20/11/15
visa stamped 30/01/15

Almost 3 months so they have improved their service time since the massive backlog.

I know people will ask so I will make it easier for you guys.

We applied via CAT A - 1 source of income via my full time employment (working there for about 5 years) earning well above the required amount.

The DOCUMENTS we submitted:

APPLICANT
Application paper form: GWF000000000
Current Passport
Previous Passports
Copy of Pakistani ID card (NADRA)
Birth certificate
TB test certificate
IELTS English test certificate
Degree qualification certificate
English Proficiency Letter

RELATIONSHIP
Nikah Nama certificate in URDU
NADRA issued computerised marriage certificate in ENGLISH
Wedding invitations from both parties
Wedding photographs
Honeymoon photographs
Honeymoon reservations and copy of plane tickets

INTERVENING DEVOTION
Lyca mobile telephone call log (extract)
Facebook conversations (extract)
Viber messages and call log (extract)
Whattsapp messages (extract)
E-reciepts for gifts i.e. cakes and flowers
Western Union money transfer details
Plane tickets to Pakistan
General photographic evidence

SPONSOR/HUSBAND
Sponsorship undertaking form SU07
Sponsor letter confirming various details
Current Passport copy with stamped internal pages
Copy of Driving Licence - UK ID
Copy of Degree qualification certificate
Birth certificate

FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT
Financial requirement form Appendix 2 (VAF 4A)
Employment letter confirming all details from HR department
6 months payslips prior to application submission
P60 Certificate for year 2013-2014
6 months bank statements prior to application submission
Bank letter confirming current account status and authenticity
Explanation evidence for lump sum deposit

ACCOMODATIONS
Letter of consent from sponsor’s parents
Mortgage summary and mortgage statement
Property title deeds
Council tax statement
Utility bill

I would like to highlight a few points that will help everyone.

follow this link and find your circumstances and research that section till you fully understand your position. Too many people are being refused because they don't check the full rules when it comes to financial requirements.

https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https% ... Fj6TxO&s=1

Your documents must be within 28 days of the submission day not the day you pay or submit online. The day you go to Gerrys!

Check you pay slips and check you statements they have to match, its amazing how many errors I have heard about!

On 1 page show how you meet the financial requirements, show all your calculations and ref to there rulings

Any large deposit of money must be explained (I sold my previous car) you must show evidence and show transfers

The sponsor letter needs to be good, explain how you met, got married, your employment position, your plans together, living arrangements, how you 2 communicate and finally any issues that you want to explain and clarify.

Write a content page, and on the content page state any refusals you have had in the past and why, make everything clear!

If you are going send gifts or money use companies that can provide you with proof.

Access you living arrangements and check what documents you need to provide, Housing Inspection report is not always required.

Book your appointment within 28 days of the last pay slip! its best to apply 1-2 weeks after you get your 6th payslip.

If you can go to Pakistan, I've noticed that its mostly the sponsor doing the running around and gathering the evidence, therefore you know everything better... if you can go to Pakistan then go and assist your partner in the final stages of applying.

The last thing is to only submit if you are 100% satisfied that the application is good enough to get you the VISA its your job to satisfy the rules.

You should make a list of all the important key details on hand and ever 3 weeks or when ever you want to email them using their international enquiry service to get an update, always send these details it will allow them to find the application more efficiently.
Applicant name
Application number GWF
Nationality
Date of Birth
Passport number
VISA type
Location of submission
Date of Submission
Their contact email

The emails theory everyone is going crazy over is correct but don't set your heart on it. Although my wife got all 3 emails on the same day very close together and the ref no on VISA and in the email matches. I know the suspense is killer but you must remain calm.

Have patience and don't fight about the VISA.... the hardest thing from this list.

I'm sure there are more tips but I can't think of any at the moment. - people may add if they wish too!

2 things need to happen for you to get VISA, you have to put 100% effort and then Allah will BLESS your effort. Please guys, research research research and to be honest I got 95% of my info of this forum so you don't have to look far, So thank you to everyone on the forum and thank you to Allah!

Just remember this is a TEST, if the marriage can handle long distance for a long period of time then it can handle all the minor things in life. So thank Allah for providing this TEST for us to better us!

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:01 pm

gucci9 wrote:
tallojani wrote:
gucci9 wrote: Thanks so much

xxx

Listen you don't know anything about me so I suggest you don't tell me if I'm relying on this coz I ain't! !!!
Iv got a solicitor and everything and only using this t double check so go keep them comments to your self

and YES I HAVE DECLARED TO THE HMRC! but never paid tax before as I didn't qualify and 12 months bank statements are for before the application so YEA! iv got that and will be paying tax in April! !!

Some people make me sooo angry!
I don't need to know who or what you are, I can proudly say I have self-respect.

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Faz1985ashraf wrote:Salaam all.

On Monday my wife received her VISA.

applied 12/11/14
initial assessment 20/11/15
visa stamped 30/01/15

Almost 3 months so they have improved their service time since the massive backlog.

I know people will ask so I will make it easier for you guys.

We applied via CAT A - 1 source of income via my full time employment (working there for about 5 years) earning well above the required amount.

The DOCUMENTS we submitted:

APPLICANT
Application paper form: GWF000000000
Current Passport
Previous Passports
Birth certificate
TB test certificate
IELTS English test certificate
Degree qualification certificate
English Proficiency Letter

RELATIONSHIP
Nikah Nama certificate in URDU
NADRA issued computerised marriage certificate in ENGLISH
Wedding invitations from both parties
Wedding photographs
Honeymoon photographs
Honeymoon reservations and copy of plane tickets

INTERVENING DEVOTION
Lyca mobile telephone call log (extract)
Facebook conversations (extract)
Viber messages and call log (extract)
Whattsapp messages (extract)
E-reciepts for gifts i.e. cakes and flowers
Western Union money transfer details
Plane tickets to Pakistan
General photographic evidence

SPONSOR/HUSBAND
Sponsorship undertaking form SU07
Sponsor letter confirming various details
Current Passport copy with stamped internal pages
Copy of Driving Licence - UK ID
Copy of Degree qualification certificate
Birth certificate

FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT
Financial requirement form Appendix 2 (VAF 4A)
Employment letter confirming all details from HR department
6 months payslips prior to application submission
P60 Certificate for year 2013-2014
6 months bank statements prior to application submission
Bank letter confirming current account status and authenticity
Explanation evidence for lump sum deposit

ACCOMODATIONS
Letter of consent from sponsor’s parents
Mortgage summary and mortgage statement
Property title deeds
Council tax statement
Utility bill

I would like to highlight a few points that will help everyone.

follow this link and find your circumstances and research that section till you fully understand your position. Too many people are being refused because they don't check the full rules when it comes to financial requirements.

https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https% ... Fj6TxO&s=1

Your documents must be within 28 days of the submission day not the day you pay or submit online. The day you go to Gerrys!

Check you pay slips and check you statements they have to match, its amazing how many errors I have heard about!

On 1 page show how you meet the financial requirements, show all your calculations and ref to there rulings

Any large deposit of money must be explained (I sold my previous car) you must show evidence and show transfers

The sponsor letter needs to be good, explain how you met, got married, your employment position, your plans together, living arrangements, how you 2 communicate and finally any issues that you want to explain and clarify.

Write a content page, and on the content page state any refusals you have had in the past and why, make everything clear!

If you are going send gifts or money use companies that can provide you with proof.

Access you living arrangements and check what documents you need to provide, Housing Inspection report is not always required.

Book your appointment within 28 days of the last pay slip! its best to apply 1-2 weeks after you get your 6th payslip.

If you can go to Pakistan, I've noticed that its mostly the sponsor doing the running around and gathering the evidence, therefore you know everything better... if you can go to Pakistan then go and assist your partner in the final stages of applying.

The last thing is to only submit if you are 100% satisfied that the application is good enough to get you the VISA its your job to satisfy the rules.

You should make a list of all the important key details on hand and ever 3 weeks or when ever you want to email them using their international enquiry service to get an update, always send these details it will allow them to find the application more efficiently.
Applicant name
Application number GWF
Nationality
Date of Birth
Passport number
VISA type
Location of submission
Date of Submission
Their contact email

The emails theory everyone is going crazy over is correct but don't set your heart on it. Although my wife got all 3 emails on the same day very close together and the ref no on VISA and in the email matches. I know the suspense is killer but you must remain calm.

Have patience and don't fight about the VISA.... the hardest thing from this list.

I'm sure there are more tips but I can't think of any at the moment. - people may add if they wish too!

2 things need to happen for you to get VISA, you have to put 100% effort and then Allah will BLESS your effort. Please guys, research research research and to be honest I got 95% of my info of this forum so you don't have to look far, So thank you to everyone on the forum and thank you to Allah!

Just remember this is a TEST, if the marriage can handle long distance for a long period of time then it can handle all the minor things in life. So thank Allah for providing this TEST for us to better us!
Many many congratulations!
that was very helpful taa for the information! !!!
I can't believe it though every in been saying the 28 days rule is from the day of online submission wdf!
I'm sooo stressed
So do we need to send our birth certificate and our ni or driving licence?

I can't believe This

roger354

Post by roger354 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:12 pm

The documents should be within 28 days of online application not date of documents submitted AFAIK

December13
Newly Registered

Post by December13 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:09 pm

Salam all.. my hubby got a e mail saying tht our application is delayed for further assessment. Any1 else got an email similiar to this?

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:23 pm

roger354 wrote:The documents should be within 28 days of online application not date of documents submitted AFAIK

OMGGG I AM SOOOO CONFUSED!!!!

BECAUSE OF THIS I AM THINKING OF CHANGING MY DATE ????

SO BASICALLY I HAVE SUBMITTED MY ONLINE APPLICATION ON THE 29TH JANUARY PAID FOR IT AND EVERYTHING

BUT MY HUBBY IS GOING ON THE 25TH

MY LAST WAGE SLIP IS ON THE 27TH

SO DO I NEED TO CHANGE DATE EVERYONE IS CONFUSING ME BIG TIME IM GOING CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rudey786

Post by rudey786 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:28 pm

December13 wrote:Salam all.. my hubby got a e mail saying tht our application is delayed for further assessment. Any1 else got an email similiar to this?
Salaam - a friend of mine who applied in mirpur in November also recieved this email a week ago, shes still waiting for outcome. As long as you're confident you've given everything then you'll be fine In Sha Allah. At least they are looking at your application - you shouldnt have too long to wait.
All the best.
Online Form: 14 Nov 14
Documents & bio: 21 Nov 14
Requested to send additional docs: 2 Feb 15
Concluded email received: 4 Feb 15
Visa collected: 6 Feb 15 :-D
Cat A - Mirpur

May Allah (swt) grant everyone success with their Visas In Sha Allah.

Yaseen Ahmed
Newly Registered

Post by Yaseen Ahmed » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:08 pm

I am in process of applying online application I am confused in the SPONSOR section they ask question "Relationship with Sponsor" as I am the Husband of my sponsor there is no option available either HUSBAND or SPOUSE so what option should I select?

Sannnnnnn

Post by Sannnnnnn » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:34 pm

I am applying soon for my husbands visa. Can somebody pls help me my husband is doing his English test next week, he told me it's the city and guilds English speaking test, is that accepted by the home office? Also he said its done in a resturant that the home office book for this purpose is that right, can somebody please tell me is this test is accepted also if it is what to expect I would greatly appreciate even a link to you tube maybe so I can get a idea of what the test will be like.

rudey786

Post by rudey786 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:38 pm

Yaseen Ahmed wrote:I am in process of applying online application I am confused in the SPONSOR section they ask question "Relationship with Sponsor" as I am the Husband of my sponsor there is no option available either HUSBAND or SPOUSE so what option should I select?
Salaam Yaseen - yep its a wierd form! If i remember correctly i think u need to put other relative.
Online Form: 14 Nov 14
Documents & bio: 21 Nov 14
Requested to send additional docs: 2 Feb 15
Concluded email received: 4 Feb 15
Visa collected: 6 Feb 15 :-D
Cat A - Mirpur

May Allah (swt) grant everyone success with their Visas In Sha Allah.

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:56 pm

I just wanna say a massive thank you to this forum for confusing the he'll out of me much appreciated

And for ignoring me too means a lot

P's. What documents need to be within 28 days does this include any land registry?

Mrs N

Post by Mrs N » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:08 pm

gucci9 wrote:I just wanna say a massive thank you to this forum for confusing the he'll out of me much appreciated

And for ignoring me too means a lot

P's. What documents need to be within 28 days does this include any land registry?

Do you actually realise how rude you sound?

Do your own research rather than having a hissy fit every 5 minutes for crying out loud!