ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dec17

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Dec17 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:09 pm

dynamicdude wrote:
Dec17 wrote:It's look like most of the October applications finished lets start to count the November application from next week in this speed I expect December applications will have some news on march first week what your thoughts mates on the same boat ???
I m still waiting for my 1st week of october application and my solicitor is advising me to wait for another month.. Any thoughts on that mate...????
Hi mate it's depent on case workers some work fast some lazy if you look at the google sheet October application almost finish if your case is straight forward you will revived with in weeks time for sure not to worry too much it's all depent wich case worker dealing your case better give them a call and check it .

Jernifrmstudent2ilr
Newly Registered

Post by Jernifrmstudent2ilr » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:19 pm

Good to see these many approvals and happy people.

Thanks for sharing the good news and your time line.

Please if possible also add a little bit of your case history for the benefit of other forum members.

Yes it seems like the December application will probably be start by first week of March.

I have applied on 1st December so finger crossed.

Please keep me in your prayers.

Thank you.

Jernifrmstudent2ilr
Newly Registered

Post by Jernifrmstudent2ilr » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:22 pm

Many Congratulation brother Very happy for you.

I have almost a same case have gap due to invalid application - Payment issue the only difference is I wasn't aware of this that the invalid application counts as a gap in your legal residence until I joined this forum.

So let see what will be the outcome of my application.
Bigboy86 wrote:AlHumdullilah
by the grace of allah the only merciful

i have received phone call from my solicitor confirming that my ILR has arrived.
I WOULD LIKE TO PERSONALLY THANK EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM FOR ALL THE HELP THEY HAVE PROVIDED.

MY CASE WAS NOT STRAIGHT FORWARD, I HAD A GAP OF 91 DAYS IN TOTAL DUE TO PAYMENT NOT BEEN TAKEN FROM HOME OFFICE IN 2009 FOR MY TIER 4 APPLICATION. I REALISED IT SOON ENOUGH BEFORE APPLYING FOR MY ILR AND PREPARED MYSELF FOR IT.
I WILL TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT I DID TO PREVENT THE HOME OFFICE FROM REFUSING YOUR APPLICATION.

1. First of all i received my SAR report which told me exactly where my GAP was.
2. then i called my bank and asked them for my bank statement from that time when my visa was refused due to home office not been able to take the payment.
3. i highlighted the relevant time when home office should have taken the payment but they didn't to show that i had enough money in my account and it wasn't my fault.
4. then i went to a first tier tribunal judge who sits in London and gives consultant. he cost a lot but he gave me confidence that i have a possibility of winning it. (you don't have to do it)
5. then i went to my solicitor and gave all the papers to them.
6. they made the case and gave a reference of BASNET VS SSHD which is very good precedent for all the cases who have gap due to payment issues in past.

i received my documents today and the date on the letter was 7th feb.
please update the spreadsheet.

i will be checking my this account every week for any questions anyone have.

regards.

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:10 am

Congratulations for everyone who got their approvals today... Hope we have more tomorrow...

yask

Post by yask » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:17 am

Mazeen1910,

I am still waiting... I will call HO tomorrow and let's hope today will be a good day for approvals because midweek is busy day as we got loads of approval last Wednesday ....;)

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:03 am

Hi everyone , I just called home office to check the update I applied 17th December nice lady over the phone told me it's not finish yet continue to wait then I asked wich month your dealing now she told me they are dealing with October application .

ali45

Post by ali45 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:53 am

hello everyone
how long its will take to receive BRP card.I know its says 7working days but normally how many days its take I haven't yet anybody got Dx number?thankd guys

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:59 am

yask wrote:Mazeen1910,

I am still waiting... I will call HO tomorrow and let's hope today will be a good day for approvals because midweek is busy day as we got loads of approval last Wednesday ....;)
Let's hope so mate.

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:00 am

Guys I am in a whole day meeting today and wont be online much. I am telling this so that you guys don't think that I have got the HO letter and ran away :D

Whether I get my approval or not I will continue to be active on this thread for some time to come.

ratz

Post by ratz » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:55 am

At this pace, they might even start Nov applications end of this week! :D

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:41 pm

Thanks

Can you please throw light thAt did they returned documents and application

Or did they sent you letter that application is invalid and apply again ?

Please throw some light

Also was you case with tribunal or any appeal pending ?

Thanks
Also if able to provide with details of consultant so that we too can get important info please
Jernifrmstudent2ilr wrote:Many Congratulation brother Very happy for you.

I have almost a same case have gap due to invalid application - Payment issue the only difference is I wasn't aware of this that the invalid application counts as a gap in your legal residence until I joined this forum.

So let see what will be the outcome of my application.
Bigboy86 wrote:AlHumdullilah
by the grace of allah the only merciful

i have received phone call from my solicitor confirming that my ILR has arrived.
I WOULD LIKE TO PERSONALLY THANK EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM FOR ALL THE HELP THEY HAVE PROVIDED.

MY CASE WAS NOT STRAIGHT FORWARD, I HAD A GAP OF 91 DAYS IN TOTAL DUE TO PAYMENT NOT BEEN TAKEN FROM HOME OFFICE IN 2009 FOR MY TIER 4 APPLICATION. I REALISED IT SOON ENOUGH BEFORE APPLYING FOR MY ILR AND PREPARED MYSELF FOR IT.
I WILL TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT I DID TO PREVENT THE HOME OFFICE FROM REFUSING YOUR APPLICATION.

1. First of all i received my SAR report which told me exactly where my GAP was.
2. then i called my bank and asked them for my bank statement from that time when my visa was refused due to home office not been able to take the payment.
3. i highlighted the relevant time when home office should have taken the payment but they didn't to show that i had enough money in my account and it wasn't my fault.
4. then i went to a first tier tribunal judge who sits in London and gives consultant. he cost a lot but he gave me confidence that i have a possibility of winning it. (you don't have to do it)
5. then i went to my solicitor and gave all the papers to them.
6. they made the case and gave a reference of BASNET VS SSHD which is very good precedent for all the cases who have gap due to payment issues in past.

i received my documents today and the date on the letter was 7th feb.
please update the spreadsheet.

i will be checking my this account every week for any questions anyone have.

regards.

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:13 pm

Guys what happened no updates today this forum looks very quite ,we need approvals !

shoaibsuleman

Post by shoaibsuleman » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:59 pm

Hi Guys

I was thinking of pulling my application back(applied last week) and need an ADVISE if that is the right thing to do. I'm currently on Tier 1 general and applied ILR on 10 years Long Residence. Now what I read on Forum about PBS dependent, which states that there period will reset if they will move to FLR(m).

The reason why Im thinking of pulling my application back is my wife with me for about 3 years 8 months and by the time my wife's PBS leave will expire's she will had only 5 months left to complete 5 years. If she goes on to FLR(M) route once I got my ILR on LR basis which makes her period reset completely and she have to stay another 5 years

My current leave is expiring in Feb 2016
She entered in UK in July 2011 as an PBS dependent

I fullfill all the requirements of SET(o) ILR 5 years (Allhamdullilah). Not sure how the future would be but when I applied for 10 years i thought her current stay will also counts for her and plus as the future was uncertain I thought get it what is coming first.

Please advise what should i do...really baffled

Thanks
Shoaib

Since

Post by Since » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:48 pm

quite day so far in terms of approval

abbeywell
Newly Registered

Post by abbeywell » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:16 pm

Dec17 wrote:It's look like most of the October applications finished lets start to count the November application from next week in this speed I expect December applications will have some news on march first week what your thoughts mates on the same boat ???
The number of applications you see in the drive are far from being representative to the actual number of applications HO receives. I would discourage anyone to believe that if the drive says there are 80% of 50 applications finished november follows next week. I have applied in early October and so far have heard nothing from HO. Also, I called HO last week and I was told my application is in process and that October applications will be processed throughout the end of this month including first weeks of March. Hope that helps.

getgreen
Newly Registered

Post by getgreen » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:50 pm

shoaibsuleman wrote:Hi Guys

I was thinking of pulling my application back(applied last week) and need an ADVISE if that is the right thing to do. I'm currently on Tier 1 general and applied ILR on 10 years Long Residence. Now what I read on Forum about PBS dependent, which states that there period will reset if they will move to FLR(m).

The reason why Im thinking of pulling my application back is my wife with me for about 3 years 8 months and by the time my wife's PBS leave will expire's she will had only 5 months left to complete 5 years. If she goes on to FLR(M) route once I got my ILR on LR basis which makes her period reset completely and she have to stay another 5 years

I fullfill all the requirements of SET(o) ILR 5 years (Allhamdullilah). Not sure how the future would be but when I applied for 10 years i thought her current stay will also counts for her and plus as the future was uncertain I thought get it what is coming first.

Thanks
Shoaib
After 2012 ruling, it looks like that dependents of the ILR (Long residence) will have only one option, to complete 10 years, regardless of how long before your spouse was ur dependent. On the other hand if you wait for another year to get your ILR through TIER 1 , ur wife can get the ILR same time, but I will never encourage that for a number of reasons including the possibility that you get fined by the court for whatever reason or the homeoffice bring other criteria in 2016. so my advice to you is this, get yourself sorted and for your wife explore the following two options:

1. Can you wife stay with you outside the UK get her ILR .
2. Contact the people here on the forum who were talking about the appeal for 2012 ruling, get in touch with them and support them.

Good luck.

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:52 pm

Need Few Answers, Just filling Up SET(LR)
QUESTION 1.
SET (LR) Application Form (version 12/2014)
Comments: IS ABOVE THE CORRECT AND LATEST VERSION OF APPLICATION FORM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUESTION 2.
C6. Do you have any passport or travel document which contains a previous grant of leave or which you used when you last travelled to the UK?
Yes document enclosed, passport/travel document number is
COMMENT: I HAVE 3 PREVIOUS PASSPORTS AND 1 CURRENT AND IN ABOVE QUESTION JUST ONE BOX FOR THE PASSPORT NUMBER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUESTION 3
D3. Since then have you had any absences from the UK? If yes, give the dates you left and
returned to the UK and the reason for the absence in the spaces below. List all absences
however short and in date order. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and
enclose it with your application.
COMMENTS: I KNOW MY ENTRY DATES FROM THE STAMP ON PASSPORT BUT HOW WOULD I ESTABLISH MY DEPARTURE DATE?
I CAN SEE THE DATES I ARRIVED IN PAKISTAN FROM ENTRY STAMP BUT THAT COULD BE NEXT OR SAME DATE I DEPARTED FROM UK

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUESTION 4
Have you provided your current passport(s) or travel document(s) and all
other relevant documents specified in section C and are they originals?
(We also require photocopies of the same).
COMMENTS: WHAT PHOTO COPIES WILL I NEED TO SEND I.E ONLY PAGES WITH STAMPS OR ALL PAGES????

samim40046
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence SET (O) waiting time 2009 - 2010

Post by samim40046 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:37 pm

Dear/madam
I am Samim' come uk 27.3.2005 & want apply 10 years rule for leave to remain.

Unfortunately ,my passport is pending at home office last 3years,when I applied spouse visa but some reason it's been refuse & I am going to court for hearing 17 of July 2015.
in that case 27 of March it will be 10 years for apply residence permit (ilr)
So shall I apply one month before or need to wait exact 10years time ?

I will be grateful if you give me exact idea about my (ilr) application & what to do.

King regards
S Ahammad.

CHUDHARY

Re: 10 years long residence SET (O) waiting time 2009 - 2010

Post by CHUDHARY » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:55 am

samim40046 wrote:Dear/madam
I am Samim' come uk 27.3.2005 & want apply 10 years rule for leave to remain.

Unfortunately ,my passport is pending at home office last 3years,when I applied spouse visa but some reason it's been refuse & I am going to court for hearing 17 of July 2015.
in that case 27 of March it will be 10 years for apply residence permit (ilr)
So shall I apply one month before or need to wait exact 10years time ?

I will be grateful if you give me exact idea about my (ilr) application & what to do.

King regards
S Ahammad.
Hi S Ahammad
You need to apply when you complete 10 years in your case. Best of luck

shoaibsuleman

Post by shoaibsuleman » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:35 am

getgreen wrote:

Thanks
Shoaib
After 2012 ruling, it looks like that dependents of the ILR (Long residence) will have only one option, to complete 10 years, regardless of how long before your spouse was ur dependent. On the other hand if you wait for another year to get your ILR through TIER 1 , ur wife can get the ILR same time, but I will never encourage that for a number of reasons including the possibility that you get fined by the court for whatever reason or the homeoffice bring other criteria in 2016. so my advice to you is this, get yourself sorted and for your wife explore the following two options:

2. Contact the people here on the forum who were talking about the appeal for 2012 ruling, get in touch with them and support them.

Good luck.
Hi get green
Thanks for your reply, I didn't understand the point is why court can charge me fine? Is that because I'm withdrawing my application? I applied 5 days ago.I appreciate if you please explain ?

I didn't understand your option 1 at all, if I stay with my wife outside UK then she will get ILR(not sure if understand correctly)? Appreciate if you please explain me on this as well!

Thanks
Shoaib

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:36 am

At last received the documents. Post office tried delivering them yesterday but I wasn't home. Just got them from them now.

My Time line is below:
Application sent: 28/10/2014
Biometric received: 19/11/2014
Biometric enrolled :20/11/2014
Decision Date: 07/02/2015
Doc Return: 11/02/2015
Biometrics Card: awaiting

Thanks to all in this forum for your kind help and useful info

lsagar30

Post by lsagar30 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:42 am

Congrats

SJ307

Post by SJ307 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:49 am

Hi,

I'm in similar situation. I'll apply for ILR (10yrs) in August 2015. My wife has been in the UK since Feb 2010. I know the fact that her clock will be set to zero when she get her FLR (M) (after I get my ILR). Alternatively, I can wait for another 2 years to apply as Tier 2 (5yrs). In that case, she'll get her ILR at the same time as me. But, I'm not going to go for the second option; simply because of the potential changes in the immigration rules. You never know what the Gov is up to. They bring some crazy new laws (such as the 5year wait for PBS dependents) to pretend they are tightening the grip on immigration; this is just an attempt to keep the opposition MPs quiet in the parliment.

Anyway, I think it is prudent to sort of your ILR at the earliest opportunity. This will make you feel (somewhat!) settled and give you peace of mind. Unless your wife needs to travel abroard regularly, waiting for another few years for her ILR is not going to harm the family in any other way, I suppose.

This are my thoughts, others may have different opinion. Please liaise with senior members who may have better advice.
shoaibsuleman wrote:
getgreen wrote:

Thanks
Shoaib

Good luck.
Hi get green
Thanks for your reply, I didn't understand the point is why court can charge me fine? Is that because I'm withdrawing my application? I applied 5 days ago.I appreciate if you please explain ?

I didn't understand your option 1 at all, if I stay with my wife outside UK then she will get ILR(not sure if understand correctly)? Appreciate if you please explain me on this as well!

Thanks
Shoaib

shoaibsuleman

Post by shoaibsuleman » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:16 am

SJ307 wrote:Hi,

I'm in similar situation. I'll apply for ILR (10yrs) in August 2015. My wife has been in the UK since Feb 2010. I know the fact that her clock will be set to zero when she get her FLR (M) (after I get my ILR). Alternatively, I can wait for another 2 years to apply as Tier 2 (5yrs). In that case, she'll get her ILR at the same time as me. But, I'm not going to go for the second option; simply because of the potential changes in the immigration rules. You never know what the Gov is up to. They bring some crazy new laws (such as the 5year wait for PBS dependents) to pretend they are tightening the grip on immigration; this is just an attempt to keep the opposition MPs quiet in the parliment.

Anyway, I think it is prudent to sort of your ILR at the earliest opportunity. This will make you feel (somewhat!) settled and give you peace of mind. Unless your wife needs to travel abroard regularly, waiting for another few years for her ILR is not going to harm the family in any other way, I suppose.

This are my thoughts, others may have different opinion. Please liaise with senior members who may have better advice.
shoaibsuleman wrote:
getgreen wrote:

Good luck.
Hi get green

Thanks
Shoaib
Thanks for your reply but I still dont get clearance of @getgreen has raised
1) why court can charge me fine? Is that because I'm withdrawing my application?
2)option 1, if I stay with my wife outside UK then she will get ILR(not sure if understand correctly)?

Achilles.ali
Pakistan

Post by Achilles.ali » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:21 am

For some reason I can not see anything on google spread sheet, did someone delete all the data from there?