ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smir
Member of Standing
India

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by smir » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:09 pm

EMDQ too is on ofquol list

But it's not accepted

Use your intellect and money wisely

Since wrote:Secure English Language Tests (SELT) list is for the visa purposes. You can use this for settlement and and naturalisation purposes. you can also use other test which are listed on UKVI website https://www.gov.uk/english-language

Qualification needs to be registered to Ofqual register and Pearson ESOL Level 3 test is currenty registered.

Thanks

smir wrote:UKVI are publishing new tests and test centres at end of February

Current test are valid only until November only if taken before 5th April

Be careful before taking test

Since

Post by Since » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:32 pm

are you sure ?

Have you looked OFQUAL list ? is it really in the list ?

I just did the search on the qfqual list and did not find EMDQ.

smir wrote:EMDQ too is on ofquol list

But it's not accepted

Since wrote:Secure English Language Tests (SELT) list is for the visa purposes. You can use this for settlement and and naturalisation purposes. you can also use other test which are listed on UKVI website https://www.gov.uk/english-language

Qualification needs to be registered to Ofqual register and Pearson ESOL Level 3 test is currenty registered.

Thanks

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:49 pm

Thanks for letting know

It is now removed

Was unable to find Ed Excel too...

Wats the reason then Home office publish the list ????

My friend if you are the agent who provide test then the question is why home office provide list of approved list providers ?????

If you are applicant then why to risk application when when home office clearly states the test and relevant awarding body ???

Wasnt EMDQ on UKVI list before ???

quote="Since"]are you sure ?

Have you looked OFQUAL list ? is it really in the list ?

I just did the search on the qfqual list and did not find EMDQ.

smir wrote:EMDQ too is on ofquol list

But it's not accepted

Thanks

[/quote]

Since

Post by Since » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:35 pm

Hi Smir,

I am not an agent, I am going to be applicant soon.

I found the Pearson not an Edexcel.

i have done Pearson Esol Entry level 3 using the list.

I am trying to be confident on the test i did before i submit my application.

Thanks

smir wrote:Thanks for letting know

It is now removed

My friend if you are the agent who provide test then the question is why home office provide list of approved list providers ?????

If you are applicant then why to risk application when when home office clearly states the test and relevant awarding body ???

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:54 pm

Agents are selling Edexcel in guise of Pearson

Is you Pearson test record only online ?

Pearson PTE dosent give paper result,
We have to provide Refrence where HO can check results directly

Since wrote:Hi Smir,

I am not an agent, I am going to be applicant soon.

I found the Pearson not an Edexcel.

i have done Pearson Esol Entry level 3 using the list.

I am trying to be confident on the test i did before i submit my application.

Thanks

smir wrote:Thanks for letting know

It is now removed

fepute
Newly Registered

Post by fepute » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:53 pm

Has anyone ever used www.EnglishTestUK.co.uk or know if their English language courses are acceptable.

Achilles.ali
Pakistan

Post by Achilles.ali » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:40 pm

saqee wrote:[quote="addy582addy582
Mashallah Thats great news.I have almost similar case as yours.I have requested home office to hold application for my wife FLRM.I have received her acknowledgment letter but i am wondering when i will receive her biometric letter.Have you got your wife biometric letter from home office before your case was decided.
Thanks and congratulations[/quote]

Its almost the same with me, I applied for ILR on 23 jan20 15 , and asked home office to hold my wifes application until they decide my application first, I have received her acknowledgment letter and soon after they sent her another letter (16 feb )asking her to show evidence that her partner (me, ilr application pending)has ILR .we sent home office my acknowledgment letter and the proof of my biometric invitation(done on 13 feb ), and we didt hear anything from them after that. my lawyer said its normal, we asked home office to hold her application until they decide my application(ILR) first now its up to home office when they will send her biometrics enrolment invitation .
can you please share your time line?

many thanks

meghankit

Post by meghankit » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:01 pm

addy582 wrote:thank you for your reply
one more question if you dont mind plz
any news about the approval of your WIFE'S flr(m) application?
when you receive info from solicitor could you please let me know

thank you

MeganKit,

we asked HO to hold her application and did get the confirmation in Dec, i guess, about it. so Once i will get my approval i will write a letter to HO to process her Application.

i will definitely post all the updates on this forum.

Regards,

addy582[/quote]

thank you very much
enjoy the freedom

cloud99
Newly Registered

Post by cloud99 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:24 pm

Hi ALL,

I am very happy to say that my ilr application has been approved and i also received my brp card.

i just wanted to get help from others regarding my wife's visa status and her future applications.

my ilr application based 10 year rule just got accepted last week 16th feb 2015, however my wife came to UK in November 2014 as a tier 1 general dependent. she has a valid visa till august 2016.

what do i have to do now in order to extend her visa -

1. shall i wait till her visa finishes and then apply as ilr dependent? if so, do i need to prove income £18500 or so ?

2. OR the best option is to apply for ilr (long residence) dependent as soon as possible? do i need to use FLR (M) for that application?

3. how long does she need to wait in order to apply for ILR and are there any other requirements?

Massive thanks to all the members , this site really helps someone in tough times.

Regards

akramroy
Newly Registered

Post by akramroy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:32 pm

akramroy wrote:Hi All,
Excellent platform with pack of information. Can anyone please guide me through

- Came in uk 4th April. 2005. What is best time to apply? ( 5.4 years student, 8 months PSW, 4 years Tier 1 general).
- What documents i need to send?
- I just been outside uk 3 times and each time spent less than 25 days outside of county.

I want help to fill up form as well. Can any expert please forward details ( phone no or email ) on roy_akram@yahoo.co.uk to contact?

Thanks in Advance!

akram
Can anyone please help for above? Seems everyone busy. thanks

mzi103

Post by mzi103 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:38 pm

i am surprised as one of my firend's friend got his ILR approval yesterday although he applied on 22-12-2014. he confirmed that he have not expediate the application.

is it not surprising???

chari.dis5
Newly Registered

Post by chari.dis5 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:58 pm

Please Please need some advice,

Me and my wife applied for tier 1 entrepreneur visa and got refused on 23rd may 2013. We applied for judicial review and home office agreed to reconsider. Meanwhile I have completed 10 years long residency and applied for Ilr and flr(M) for my wife. I got my settlement and she got refused. The reason saying that she has overstayed. when I check Judicial review docs, they mention only my name in every letters. Therefore my question is " Can she be overstayed since her name is not on the Judicial review? Please help.

Jernifrmstudent2ilr
Newly Registered

Post by Jernifrmstudent2ilr » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:16 pm

I know couple of people who got their ILR in 6 weeks and they didn't even expedite the case and yes it is quite surprising.
mzi103 wrote:i am surprised as one of my firend's friend got his ILR approval yesterday although he applied on 22-12-2014. he confirmed that he have not expediate the application.

is it not surprising???

Capricon123
Newly Registered

Post by Capricon123 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:28 pm

Hi Guys !
@ MistaKhan and Getgreen:Any updates regarding ur cases fella ?
Did u guys withdrawn ur appeals from tribunal before submitting new ILR applications ?
@Junaid1621 : have you received ur passport and other related documents from HO after ur approval ?

Regards
Last edited by Capricon123 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

mizanbg
Newly Registered

Post by mizanbg » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:17 am

cloud99 wrote:Hi ALL,

I am very happy to say that my ilr application has been approved and i also received my brp card.

i just wanted to get help from others regarding my wife's visa status and her future applications.

my ilr application based 10 year rule just got accepted last week 16th feb 2015, however my wife came to UK in November 2014 as a tier 1 general dependent. she has a valid visa till august 2016.

what do i have to do now in order to extend her visa -

1. shall i wait till her visa finishes and then apply as ilr dependent? if so, do i need to prove income £18500 or so ?

2. OR the best option is to apply for ilr (long residence) dependent as soon as possible? do i need to use FLR (M) for that application?

3. how long does she need to wait in order to apply for ILR and are there any other requirements?

Massive thanks to all the members , this site really helps someone in tough times.

Regards
Hi there,

You need to apply for your wife flr(m) visa as soon as possible ideally within 28 days. otherewise, she may be deemed as an overstayer. She will be given 30 months visa and wait for 5 years for ilr and her earlier stay will be nulled from the day of her aproval of flr (m). She also needs to meet the income threshhold £18600 as well as needs to pass the required english test. Hope that will answer your queries.

mizanbg
Newly Registered

Post by mizanbg » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:25 am

ADAMALI wrote:Dear,
My wife if in UK for the last approx 1 year now (as my Dependent under Tier 1 General, expiring on 15-Dec-2015), So my query is if I go for ILR (under 10 year long route) during end of July-2015 (as in AUG-2015 I am completing 10 year in UK), can she also submit her passport together with my application for Dependent visa (under my 10 year route ILR application), even though her current visa as mentioned above expiring on 15-Dec-2015.
I want to submit her passport as well during Jul this year with my 10 year route ILR application, so we both get passport back together. Is it possible or does she need to wait until my ILR decision comes back OR close to her current visa application?

- If she can go with above option (what Visa category/Form she will be applying for), what income threshold & savings I need to show and also does she need English Test or not at this stage?

Many Thanks in advance.

Ali
Hi,

Your wife can not apply with you at this moment unless her visa is expiring. Since her visa will remain valid untill december, so the best option would be to sort out your ilr fist. Once that is done, you need to apply her on flr (m) form in order to get a 30 months visa where you have to earn £18600 minimum as well as she needs to complete the B1 level english. Hope that answer your queries.

chari.dis5
Newly Registered

Post by chari.dis5 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:39 am

Please Please need some advice,

Me and my wife applied for tier 1 entrepreneur visa and got refused on 23rd may 2013. We applied for judicial review and home office agreed to reconsider. Meanwhile I have completed 10 years long residency and applied for Ilr and flr(M) for my wife. I got my settlement and she got refused. The reason saying that she has overstayed. when I check Judicial review docs, they mention only my name in every letters. Therefore my question is " Can she be overstayed since her name is not on the Judicial review? Please help.

getgreen
Newly Registered

Post by getgreen » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:16 pm

Guys , its been a while we don't have any approvals.

I rung home office this morning and I am told that my application is now 'under consideration', I called on Monday and they said my application was waiting in the queue 'to be considered'. Does anyone have any idea how long will it now take from 'under consideration' to be 'completed' status.

My timeline:
Date applied: 08/11/2014
Bio completed: 24/11/2014

Appreciate your support.

This forum is great.

Since

Post by Since » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:43 pm

did you ask, is it with case worker ?
getgreen wrote:Guys , its been a while we don't have any approvals.

I rung home office this morning and I am told that my application is now 'under consideration', I called on Monday and they said my application was waiting in the queue 'to be considered'. Does anyone have any idea how long will it now take from 'under consideration' to be 'completed' status.

My timeline:

Appreciate your support.

This forum is great.

getgreen
Newly Registered

Post by getgreen » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:44 pm

Since wrote:did you ask, is it with case worker ?

Hi Since, thanks for reply, yes I asked 'if my application is now with the case working' the lady replied, 'yes it is, because I can now see that it is now under consideration'.

thanks.
getgreen wrote:Guys , its been a while we don't have any approvals.

My timeline:

Appreciate your support.

This forum is great.

getgreen
Newly Registered

Post by getgreen » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:12 pm

Capricon123 wrote:Hi Guys !
@ MistaKhan and Getgreen:Any updates regarding ur cases fella ?
Did u guys withdrawn ur appeals from tribunal before submitting new ILR applications ?
@Junaid1621 : have you received ur passport and other related documents from HO after ur approval ?

Regards

Hi Capricon123, My appeal was back in 2012 for student visa, since then I am on Tier2. Hope to get decision soon.

flyingmoon
Newly Registered

Post by flyingmoon » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:18 pm

hi everyone
i am on tracker as flyingmoon.
applied 3rd nov, straight forward application, got approval letter dated 20th feb, brp coming soon hopefully.
Thanks for sharing tips and updates with us all!
i have found this forum v useful and i wish everyone good luck and keep up the good work on the forum and tracker!

bilal_zain
Newly Registered

Post by bilal_zain » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:52 pm

Hi,
I just wanted to share and ask few questions about after getting ILR

10 year ILR application Time Line##
Application submission# 18/11/2014
Biometrics submission# 06/12/2014
Approval Letter and document received# 24/02/2015

Thanks for all your help. Now few questions plzzzzz
1. Now is my son who was born in UK, is he eligible for UK citizenship directly? which form is applicable to him?
2. My wife who has been in UK since Nov 2009 as PBS (PSW and then Tier-1 Gen) dependant , should she apply for another visa? currently her visa is until Feb 2017?
3. Does she need to pass Life in UK test to apply for spouse (ILR dependant) visa? does she need to apply ASAP or we could wait for couple of months?
4. and I think whatever is applicable to my wife, will be for my daughter as well, she was born in Pakistan and is here since Nov 2009.
5. My daughter is a special needs child so am I eligible to apply for any benefits?

Please help me answering these questions. Your help will be really appreciated. And if I am missing something that I need to ask or know then please do tell me. thanks a lot. and Goodluck to all other applicant.
This is a very valuable forum. thanks
Bilal

junaid1621
Newly Registered

Post by junaid1621 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:27 pm

Hi
Some of you guys had approval on 13th and 14th February , I had aprovel on 13th , still waiting for my BRP to arrive , plz any one waiting for BRP , update here ..???????? waiting waiting

ddm
Newly Registered

Post by ddm » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:50 pm

Hi,

I have apply on 5th dec, bio done on 23 dec.

Called HO today they said my application its with case worker! Dose anyone know how long usually takes when your application its with case worker?

Many thanks
Last edited by ddm on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.