ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian tourist visa with passport issued in advance

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Beeb
Newly Registered

Indian tourist visa with passport issued in advance

Post by Beeb » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:08 am

Hi All,

I'd like some advice on a tourist visa for my future wife and our honeymoon to India.

We are in the process of applying for tourist visas and my other half has changed her name in advance to our shared surname on her passport. However the passport issue date is on our wedding in April with our honeymoon starting 2 days later.

The problem being that the Indian visa application can't accept dates in the future for issued passports, meaning that if I wait until our wedding there is no time between travelling and getting a visa.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

ban.s

Re: Indian tourist visa with passport issued in advance

Post by ban.s » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:00 pm

Post dated passports are not valid until the marriage/civil partnership date and hence can't be used for visa application/ESTA purpose.

Does you wedding fall on a working day and do you also have 2 working days from that date?

Beeb
Newly Registered

Re: Indian tourist visa with passport issued in advance

Post by Beeb » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:10 pm

Hi thanks for the reply.
Wedding is on the Saturday and we fly the Monday so no time between to get one issued. No idea this was going to be a problem.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks