ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yask

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by yask » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:04 am

taz123 wrote:
Great77 wrote:Hello all,

This is let you know that by the grace of Almighty God that my ILR is granted. Let me give you the timeline :

Applied 21/10/20 2014
Biometric Done 10/11/2014
Documents Received and also Biometric Card at the same day 25th February 2015.

Visas Student + PSW = 9years and 2 months +Section 3c =10 months Never out of time or gaps as well.
Appeal process took 10 months my appeal was adjourned in June to September because of few Judges and lack of court time. appeal lost in September and apply to FTT for permission to Upper Tribunal before withdrawal.

My solicitor informed me about this not long ago. Summary, I applied by withdrawing my application of " permission to appeal to upper tribunal" and on the same day applied for my ILR. We made sure the withdrawal is faxed and confirmation came as OK.
Please if you have already being given a date for upper tribunal permission, please do not apply same day. Mine was still permission. You can look at my profile to understand what happened

I phoned then in January response was it has been sent to a team in Shelfied (not sure but not liverpool). I phoned late January, they said, it is not completed.
And also Early February, under consideration, please wait. Phoned them February 20th, they said someone looked at my file February 13th, so wait. Then Phoned them yesterday they said packaged sent with tracking number given to me on 23rd February 2015. Tracked it online yesterday, delivered with BRP the same day.

I hope this helps someone.
I wish you all success. When I have the letter I will tell you what date of the approval.

I have send an email to u plz reply to my email taa
Taz123,

I lost my appeal, I had 5 months to complete 10 years I applied flro and then varied my appliation to set lr ... And still waiting

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:27 am

Brother Yask can you please share more info about your case so that we may get guidance or we may help you

thanks
yask wrote:
taz123 wrote:

This is let you know that by the grace of Almighty God that my ILR is granted. Let me give you the timeline :

Applied 21/10/20 2014

Visas Student + PSW = 9years and 2 months +Section 3c =10 months Never out of time or gaps as well.
Appeal process took 10 months my appeal was adjourned in June to September because of few Judges and lack of court time. appeal lost in September and apply to FTT for permission to Upper Tribunal before withdrawal.

My solicitor informed me about this not long ago. Summary, I applied by withdrawing my application of " permission to appeal to upper tribunal" and on the same day applied for my ILR. We made sure the withdrawal is faxed and confirmation came as OK.
Please if you have already being given a date for upper tribunal permission, please do not apply same day. Mine was still permission. You can look at my profile to understand what happened

I phoned then in January response was it has been sent to a team in Shelfied (not sure but not liverpool). I phoned late January, they said, it is not completed.
And also Early February, under consideration, please wait. Phoned them February 20th, they said someone looked at my file February 13th, so wait. Then Phoned them yesterday they said packaged sent with tracking number given to me on 23rd February 2015. Tracked it online yesterday, delivered with BRP the same day.

I wish you all success. When I have the letter I will tell you what date of the approval.

Taz123,

I lost my appeal, I had 5 months to complete 10 years I applied flro and then varied my appliation to set lr ... And still waiting

Great77

Post by Great77 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:29 am

taz123 wrote:

Applied 21/10/20 2014

Replied to your inbox...
Great

yask

Post by yask » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:18 pm

Taz123,

I lost my appeal in upper tribunal and applied flro within 28 days they sent me letter to fill FLR FP form otherwise they will decide my application according to flro and may get refused, I sent flr fp and varied my application to SET LR when completed 10 years

[quote="smir"]Brother Yask can you please share more info about your case so that we may get guidance or we may help you

Feefa
Newly Registered

Post by Feefa » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:07 pm

Hi guys,
Please I need your help I applied for ilr December 2014, I haven't heard anything yet but my child's visa is expiring next week as my dependant, I have no idea what to do. Her mum is under a student visa but undergraduate so she can't be her dependant.
Cheers

DMH2014
Newly Registered

Post by DMH2014 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:59 pm

Hi all
I rang HO today they said my application has allocated to the case work unit. I believe it will be with the case worker soon. How about urs DEc17????

taz123
inactive

Post by taz123 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:59 pm

yask wrote:Taz123,

I lost my appeal in upper tribunal and applied flro within 28 days they sent me letter to fill FLR FP form otherwise they will decide my application according to flro and may get refused, I sent flr fp and varied my application to SET LR when completed 10 years

smir wrote:Brother Yask can you please share more info about your case so that we may get guidance or we may help you

Plz check ur email in 5 mins

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:02 pm

DMH2014 wrote:Hi all
I rang HO today they said my application has allocated to the case work unit. I believe it will be with the case worker soon. How about urs DEc17????
Hi mate they told me my application with case worker .lets hope for the best within next few weeks but we can see it HO processing faster than previous years due to less applicant .

DMH2014
Newly Registered

Post by DMH2014 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:16 pm

Dec17 wrote:
DMH2014 wrote:Hi all
Hi mate they told me my application with case worker .lets hope for the best within next few weeks but we can see it HO processing faster than previous years due to less applicant .
Yes it looks like they r quite quick now a days. Hopefully we all will have good news.

mutantbhai
Newly Registered

Post by mutantbhai » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:25 pm

Hello boys and girls

Alhamdolillah (praise be to Allah) my SET LR application has been approved.

Sent: 28 Oct 14
Decision date: 15 Feb 15
Docs returned: 26 Feb 15

Funny thing is that my wife got her FLR (M) approved as well but a day before me!

Good luck to everyone still waiting.. :]
Last edited by mutantbhai on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akramroy
Newly Registered

Post by akramroy » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:28 pm

Hairydude wrote:Hello all

Today I have received my approval letter and my documents. The approval was dated 25/02/2015 (yesterday).

My application was sent on 17/11/2014 , I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to this forum and this thread in particular, it has been an interesting journey.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. Hang in there!
Cong....Bro,
I need some help to fill up form. Can you please let me know your contact details? OR my email is roy_akram@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:33 pm

mutantbhai wrote:Hello boys and girls

Alhamdolillah (praise be to Allah) my SET LR application has been approved.

Sent: 28 Oct 14
Decision date: 15 Feb 15
Docs returned: 26 Feb 15

Funny thing is that my wife got her FLR (M) approved as well but a day before me!

Good luck to everyone still waiting.. :]
Congrats mate enjoy ur freedom .continue to pray for us .

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:56 pm

Please 1 question
Need swift answer
Sending app on Monday 2nd March
Is Set(LR) Dec 2014 the latest version
Please
Quick quick quick

CHUDHARY

Post by CHUDHARY » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:49 am

imi99999 wrote:Please 1 question
Need swift answer
Sending app on Monday 2nd March
Is Set(LR) Dec 2014 the latest version
Please
Quick quick quick
@imi99999
Yes my friend Set (LR) 12/2014 is current form
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _12-14.pdf

mizanbg
Newly Registered

Post by mizanbg » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:09 am

cloud99 wrote:
mizanbg wrote:
cloud99 wrote:Hi ALL,

I am very happy to say that my ilr application has been approved and i also received my brp card.

i just wanted to get help from others regarding my wife's visa status and her future applications.

my ilr application based 10 year rule just got accepted last week 16th feb 2015, however my wife came to UK in November 2014 as a tier 1 general dependent. she has a valid visa till august 2016.

what do i have to do now in order to extend her visa -

1. shall i wait till her visa finishes and then apply as ilr dependent? if so, do i need to prove income £18500 or so ?

2. OR the best option is to apply for ilr (long residence) dependent as soon as possible? do i need to use FLR (M) for that application?

3. how long does she need to wait in order to apply for ILR and are there any other requirements?

Massive thanks to all the members , this site really helps someone in tough times.

Regards
Hi there,

You need to apply for your wife flr(m) visa as soon as possible ideally within 28 days. otherewise, she may be deemed as an overstayer. She will be given 30 months visa and wait for 5 years for ilr and her earlier stay will be nulled from the day of her aproval of flr (m). She also needs to meet the income threshhold £18600 as well as needs to pass the required english test. Hope that will answer your queries.
Many thanks for your response.

this info is very scary.. HO is literally making money machine.

anyways, are you sure about 28 days timescale? will she be classified as an overstayed person? also, what about IELTS from british council as an alternate to other english test? can we use that result for english language?

Hi Mate,

It is unfortunate that home office wants to make money out of the immigrants but there is no one out there to speak about that injustice. Any way, about the 28 days rule there is no black and white rule as such, it is a grey area of the law. But, why should you be remain in doubt if you can sort out your problem, imagine if you apply later than sooner your mrs application may be at risk and then appeal, judicial review etc lots of trouble. So, why not sort it out now when it is lot more easier rather than remain in doubt. so, my recommendation would be to apply for her ASAP without further delay. About IELTS it of course acceptable as long it is still valid that means I think valid for two years. Any way B1 level english is not difficult and I belive she can do it in a week and will cost you around 150 pounds. Good luck.

CHUDHARY

Post by CHUDHARY » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:54 am

In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds:
The Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful:
Owner of the Day of Judgement.
Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) was ask for help.
Show us the straight path:
The path of those whom Thou hast favoured; Not (the path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray.

Respected members of forum by Merci of almight Allah, the lord of universe, i just have received my ILR approval letter.this forum has been a great help to me. i pray to ALLAH may everyone waiting have their approval soon. thank you very much

abbeywell
Newly Registered

Post by abbeywell » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:30 am

Been a silent member of the forum and today I am happy to share that thanks God I have my freedom!!!

Does anyone know why BRP has expirinig date 10 years? is it not supposed to be "permanent"? also, which date is the initial counting date towards citizenship eligibility: application date or approval date? below my dates for the tracker:

Applied: 13/10/2014
Acknowledgement: 03/11/2014
Bio Received: 03/11/2014
Bio Enrolled: 08/11/2014
Approved: 22/02/2015
Doc received: 25/02/2015

Good luck to the ones still waiting!

sakib2000

Post by sakib2000 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:43 pm

Hi Everyone
First of all i want to say this forum is helpful who is on 10 years boat.I am a silent reader for this forum.I will be eligible for ILR 10 years next year.Just want to make my self prepared for it what doc do i need to send on my ILR.Except one issue my application will be straight forward.as the ukba made me over stayer for 24 Days because of payment issue.It was their fault.they didnt try to take the money from my account and i have got letter from the bank saying they didnt try to take any money out from my account.also i sent the application after 24 days and got acknowledgement letter dated after 26 day from my visa expired.Hope i am on days grace period.Can they make any issue with this on my ILR.Also what documents do i need applying for my wife.As she will join me shortly as a tier 4 dependant.Please reply guys.what will be the preparation for appling ILR
Md

londonuk9

Post by londonuk9 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:46 pm

Hello all member…
Can somebody guide which visa my wife (my dependant) need to apply?
Main applicant me: got visa on 14/01/2015 ILR on 10 year basis
Previous I was tier 1 general applicant
Wife dependant: visa start from 01/08/2014 to 15/07/2015 as a tier 1 dependant
As I change my category from tier 1 general to ILR on long residency.
Which visa did she need to apply to stay on my dependant? And what’s its requirement?
Please can anybody send me list of documents require for visa?
I have baby which born on 20/01/2015 after I got ILR .So I think she will get British passport straight away? Can somebody confirm it as well please?
Thank you guys in advance.

fepute
Newly Registered

Post by fepute » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:49 pm

I've been a silent reader. Today 28/02/15 I received my approval and documents. Just waiting for the BRP. Thank you to the members of the platform for their help. Posted my application on 01/12/14. So yes the December applications are being processed.

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:17 pm

CHUDHARY wrote:In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds:
The Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful:
Owner of the Day of Judgement.
Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) was ask for help.
Show us the straight path:
The path of those whom Thou hast favoured; Not (the path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray.

Respected members of forum by Merci of almight Allah, the lord of universe, i just have received my ILR approval letter.this forum has been a great help to me. i pray to ALLAH may everyone waiting have their approval soon. thank you very much
Wow what a great news congrats mate I am sure party time to you , enjoy ur freedom ,continue to keep us on ur prayers .

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:19 pm

fepute wrote:I've been a silent reader. Today 28/02/15 I received my approval and documents. Just waiting for the BRP. Thank you to the members of the platform for their help. Posted my application on 01/12/14. So yes the December applications are being processed.
Great news mate 1 st December approval on this forum I expected some of the December applicant will get their news by next week finger crossed , congrats to you thanks for sharing the great news with us enjoy ur freedom continue to keep us on ur prayers .

chidu78
Newly Registered

Post by chidu78 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:29 pm

Currently me being Main applicant got ILR granted on 21st Feb 2015.
Planning to get married in India during May 2015 last week. Which visa category and form to fill for my New wife staying in India. She has never been to UK earlier. What is eligibility for her to get ILR status should stay for 3 yrs or since ILR getting stopped in April 2018 will it be a problem for her in future please guide. What all documents I need to send from UK to her as supporting document. What all documents she has to keep ready to get a visa to travel to UK by 3rd week June 2015. Forecasting Marriage certificate will be given by 1st week June 2015 By which month applying Visa for her from India is better. Legally I am divorced from my Ex wife during Dec 2014. Informed UKBA about this during my ILR application successful on 21st Feb 2015. Ex wife Tier1 Dependent visa staying in Bangalore will expire in March 2015.

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:51 pm

Mr CHUDHARY
Congratulations
May ALLAH (SWT) make this beneficial for you.

I have request for one nice person from this forum if he or she could give me 15 mins tomorrow on Sunday after 1800 hrs
I am posting my application on Monday and want to do a final check of my application package with some one, to be sure that I haven't missed any thing

Please
I can ring you on your mobile or otherwise I can leave my mobile number

yask

Post by yask » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Imi,
I would love to help but my appliation was filled by solicitor but I think you need passport, photograph, liuk test and all the dates of in/out UK that will be sufficient.
Hope any senior member will come forward to help you.

quote="imi99999"]Mr CHUDHARY
Congratulations
May ALLAH (SWT) make this beneficial for you.

I have request for one nice person from this forum if he or she could give me 15 mins tomorrow on Sunday after 1800 hrs
I am posting my application on Monday and want to do a final check of my application package with some one, to be sure that I haven't missed any thing

Please
I can ring you on your mobile or otherwise I can leave my mobile number[/quote]