ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship- Good Character

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

everyday_4_u

Re: British Citizenship- Good Character

Post by everyday_4_u » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:25 pm

Hello Guies

I am looking for information if someone of you could kindly tell me as i am too worried. I have already applied for British Naturalization two months ago and still in process.
My Question is i was refused "Leave to Remain" in October 2010 based on 320(7)B Deception and asked to leave the country. I appealed but refused than i appealed to Upper Tribunal but decided to withdraw my application and leave country Voluntarily in Feb 2011. I got married in my home country to a British Citizen and applied for Spouse Visa which was granted and came to UK again in December 2011. Then i got ILR in November 2013 and have applied of naturalization in January 2015.

My Question is that is my application likely to refuse based on 320 (7)b in 2010? Since i applied for spouse and ILR after that and had no problem. I believe i did not overstay in country because i withdraw my appeal from upper tribunal and left country. I would appreciate if someone could reply according to Rules. Thank you.

nga3
Newly Registered

Post by nga3 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:42 pm

A suspended prison sentence will be treated as a “non-custodial offence or
other out of court disposal that is recorded on a person’s criminal record” (i.e.
line 4 in Table 2.1).
The exception is where that sentence is subsequently ‘activated’. This means
that the person re-offended or failed to adhere to/breached the conditions of
that sentence. Where this happens, the decision maker will look at both the
original suspended sentence, the circumstances leading to the activation of that
sentence, and the amount of time in prison the defendant was sentenced to
once the sentence was activated.
Example 1: a person is sentenced to 6 months’ imprisonment, suspended for
two years. If they ‘activate’ this, the sentence should be 6 months and fall into
the ‘up to 12 months’ imprisonment’ category above (i.e. line 3 in Table 2.1).
Example 2: a person is sentenced to 12 months’ imprisonment, suspended for
two years. If they ‘activate’ this, the sentence should be 12 months and fall into
the ‘Between 12 months and 4 years’ imprisonment’ category above (i.e. line 2
in Table 2.1).

sohail78
Newly Registered

Post by sohail78 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:15 am

hello bro please update have you got any reply from ho
everyday_4_u wrote:Hello Guies

I am looking for information if someone of you could kindly tell me as i am too worried. I have already applied for British Naturalization two months ago and still in process.
My Question is i was refused "Leave to Remain" in October 2010 based on 320(7)B Deception and asked to leave the country. I appealed but refused than i appealed to Upper Tribunal but decided to withdraw my application and leave country Voluntarily in Feb 2011. I got married in my home country to a British Citizen and applied for Spouse Visa which was granted and came to UK again in December 2011. Then i got ILR in November 2013 and have applied of naturalization in January 2015.

My Question is that is my application likely to refuse based on 320 (7)b in 2010? Since i applied for spouse and ILR after that and had no problem. I believe i did not overstay in country because i withdraw my appeal from upper tribunal and left country. I would appreciate if someone could reply according to Rules. Thank you.