ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What to do if BC application taking extra long

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

richalex
Newly Registered

What to do if BC application taking extra long

Post by richalex » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:48 pm

Hi all

Are there any steps that one can take to find out what's happening with our application if it's taking an excessive amount of time to process. We've been waiting more than 2 years since acknowledgement (see timeline below) and every time we call (monthly after 18 months) the UKBA tell us that "these things take time" and that "everything is still progressing normally".

We've even had out local MP write to the UKBA but they get the same response and seem happy with it.

We're at a loss as to what to try next?

Here are our processing times.

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 5yr ILR
Method of application: NCS (Windsor)
Date of receipt by UKBA: March 2009
Date of debit of fees: April 2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: June 2009
Date of receipt of approval: Pending
Date of Ceremony: Pending

TahirMahmood
Newly Registered

Post by TahirMahmood » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:08 pm

This is really insane....I was thinking that my applictiaon is taking lot of time as I applied on 18 April 2011...

What the hell they are doing with the application, unless they have lost your documents. I think in that case you can seek an advice from a lawyer....

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:10 pm

Phoning is useless, uou need to write and complain. This it totally unacceptable.

richalex
Newly Registered

Post by richalex » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:23 pm

They tell us that they have all our papers and nothing is wrong, they are processing.

As well as phoning, we have written a number of times (recorded delivery) and we receive replies from the case worker to say that they ate processing and that there is no problem.

There doesn't appear to be any other way to communicate with them?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:37 pm

Clearly there is something wrong if it's taken two years so far. It's probably time to get your MP involved.

boloney

Post by boloney » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:43 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Clearly there is something wrong if it's taken two years so far. It's probably time to get your MP involved.
As he said MP was involved.

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:15 pm

I am feeling sorry for you mate..I thought I was the only one whose application passed 7.5 months waiting, your situation is even worse, just to inform you that even MP can not do anything, I did invlove mine and we both (MP and me) got a responce form the UKB and they have said in their letter that I have to wait...so nothing else we can do...I know it is not fair but waiting is the only option we have I am afraid.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:56 pm

OH MY GOD never ever heard case like that. its realy sad to hear that but its un beliveable how can they take 2 year to process. i am thinkless
NAZIA XX

Arnizilla

Re: What to do if BC application taking extra long

Post by Arnizilla » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:48 pm

I have applied for my BC .. 5 yrs+1 yr ILR-
-application received on 12/05/14 and so far no decision.
It has been now 10 months... I don't know what
To do.. I have phoned and I have written letters
Too.. Always the same answer.. UNDER
CONSIDERATION... Have any one waited this long??
Any ideas please!?

The.Watcher

Post by The.Watcher » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:25 pm

One thing that I have learnt and will continue to learn is that being a British citizen is a privilege and not a right with the discretion set at the discretion of the SoS. I think @ryan1512lon put it bluntly that kicking down doors may not actually gain any benefits barring being told you're still part of the "to do list". But there are many people on here who have done all sorts such as writing to the shadow secretary, MP, directly to HO complaints dept. I think some even were considering taking their thoughts to a radio station.

Yes having the application sit at the HO for 10 months with more than likely not even a "we're still working on this" after the official 6months have passed is not nice at all. So based on the above example of what other members on here have done you can probably pick what would be the 1st approach you wish to take.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:51 am

Hi, I am in the same boat in the middle of sea since back in February last year. Anyway what is your immigration route? If you are refugee then it may be further delaying due to war crime suspension check's. Just be paitant.
Best wishes.
Babe khyber

Arnizilla

Post by Arnizilla » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:08 pm

babe_khyber wrote:Hi, I am in the same boat in the middle of sea since back in February last year. Anyway what is your immigration route? If you are refugee then it may be further delaying due to war crime suspension check's. Just be paitant.
Best wishes.
Babe khyber
Hi there!!! MY situation is straight forward '
'"Or it was supposed To be"".
married EU national.. 12 years now.. I applied
To Nationality direct without the ILR.. Advised by
Lawyer... My brother did exactly the same and
With in 2 months he had his britsh passport in hands..!!
So I guess I'm the unlucky one!! I had no problems
With immigration.. Never over stayed and no criminal
Records Here or in Braszil..where I'm from!!'
Good luck to us all!!

MrBrilliant
BANNED

Post by MrBrilliant » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:30 pm

This thread is 3.5 years old..

I'm interested to know what happened. Did you ever get your application resolved?