ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

general visitor eligibility query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cset134
Newly Registered

general visitor eligibility query

Post by cset134 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:11 am

I have a tier 2 general visa.

My sister is visiting me and she requires a general visitor visa to do so.

Now she is finishing uni at end of March and looking to
Visit me immediately afterwards. She is due to start a job in her home country in May.

What documents can we provide to show her ties to the home country or is this even required? Because she isn't married, will not be in education or employment when she is looking to visit. Is there something we'll need to provide?

Regarding maintenance, I have £3k in my bank account. But this has fluctuated down to £2k over last 6 months. Can we use this to show maintenance? Or will she be required to show her bank account ( which is empty as she is a student :)). Any help appreciated

ban.s

Re: general visitor eligibility query

Post by ban.s » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:33 pm

how has she financed her education? and supports herself?

if from parents/family - please also include include a covering letter from parent/family explaining the arrangement and their finances (if they are sponsoring the trip such as airticket etc).
include the employment offer letter and also letter from the university confirming she was a student and completed her course in March. Ask them to include when university result is expected.

wannafly
Newly Registered

Post by wannafly » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:09 pm

Hello, have you applied for your Sister? Any updates on Visa please?

I am in exact position, would like to bring my younger sis for two-three months. she is doing her final exams now, got two job offers (but dont have official Offer yet, as they will sent it out later when it is time for them to join.)!

if Anyone know anything about this please let me know.
Thanks

wannafly
Newly Registered

Post by wannafly » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:38 pm

cset134 wrote:I have a tier 2 general visa.

My sister is visiting me and she requires a general visitor visa to do so.

Now she is finishing uni at end of March and looking to
Visit me immediately afterwards. She is due to start a job in her home country in May.

What documents can we provide to show her ties to the home country or is this even required? Because she isn't married, will not be in education or employment when she is looking to visit. Is there something we'll need to provide?

Regarding maintenance, I have £3k in my bank account. But this has fluctuated down to £2k over last 6 months. Can we use this to show maintenance? Or will she be required to show her bank account ( which is empty as she is a student :)). Any help appreciated
have you applied for your sister? could you please send me the document list?

wannafly
Newly Registered

Post by wannafly » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:59 pm

can someone help me with his please??