ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

June 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aqiboss
Newly Registered

Re: June 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by Aqiboss » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:20 am

menyheart wrote:I haven't been really active here, only just reading other comments. I am waiting since the 12th of June 2014, so 10 month is coming up soon.

so far I contacted HO, contacted my MP (who wrote to the Minister of Immigration), complained to HO, but got nowhere. Unfortunately they say my application takes longer than usual and external agencies are doing the checks, so they cannot influence them to speed anything up.

On the other hand, I have been living here over 7 years as an EEA citizen, bought a house, have a son who is British Citizen already. I have a clean criminal record here and abroad, no skeleton in the closet, nothing. So it should be straightforward. I don't understand what is the held up. Friend of mine who applied months later than me, they already had their ceremony, but nothing on my application.

I cannot describe my frustration. My issue with this, that they don't give a correct answer for the nature of the delay, but only give a "template answer" which has been sent to many people. So far about giving valid reason for the delay if takes over 6 months.
Well that's how they come back to you I was thinking to contact mayor and ask him to write a letter but after reading your story the best thing is just to wait and watch !! Because the don't give a shit even its a mayor or anyone else !!

noe17
Newly Registered

Post by noe17 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:22 pm

wow , this is exactly what I'm going through, but my application was sent exactly 1year ago, the 30/03/14 and i'm still waiting, I've involved my local MP, but still the same, their answer is that ; they have tighten the way they check applications, and a lot of rubbish, its been a whole year and i'm still waiting, I don't know who to turn to. I am fade up, frustrated and loss with words, to describe what i'm being submitted to. :evil: :cry: :cry:

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:29 pm

noe17 wrote:wow , this is exactly what I'm going through, but my application was sent exactly 1year ago, the 30/03/14 and i'm still waiting, I've involved my local MP, but still the same, their answer is that ; they have tighten the way they check applications, and a lot of rubbish, its been a whole year and i'm still waiting, I don't know who to turn to. I am fade up, frustrated and loss with words, to describe what i'm being submitted to. :evil: :cry: :cry:
Involve media or any individual platform which can highlight the negligence and incompetecny of HO. how come one application is taking couple of weeks to decide and other is taking 10 months or a year.

that 11 dec report is just a BS and HO is hiding thier incompetency behind this report. If it is really effecting applications then how come march applicants r getting their approvals and applications submitted before that report are getting effected. that is totally illogical.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:05 pm

Hi there,
I am also one of them who were waiting for decision since last year February. Now 14 month is running. I have done everything but unfortunately the home office is just ignoring. If you find any way to pushing home office either on a newspapers or direct to TV presenter then please share with us. Any reply will be appreciated Thanks.
Best wishes.
Babe khyber

Poya11

Post by Poya11 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:57 pm

Hi guys I have been wating since 22/06/14 until today I have got my Approval today I hope you all get it very soon good luck to u all thanks for all ur support
Last edited by Poya11 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aqiboss
Newly Registered

Post by Aqiboss » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:04 pm

Poya11 wrote:Hi guys I have wating since 22/06/14 until today I have got my Approval today I hop you all get it very soon good luck to u all thanks for supporting

Congrats poya

Poya11

Post by Poya11 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:50 pm

babe_khyber wrote:Hi there,
I am also one of them who were waiting for decision since last year February. Now 14 month is running. I have done everything but unfortunately the home office is just ignoring. If you find any way to pushing home office either on a newspapers or direct to TV presenter then please share with us. Any reply will be appreciated Thanks.
Best wishes.
Babe khyber

Keep tell your MP

Aqiboss
Newly Registered

Post by Aqiboss » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:52 pm

Poya11 wrote:
babe_khyber wrote:Hi there,
Best wishes.
Babe khyber

Keep tell your MP
Poya you think it's gonna help ?

jitu_2677

Post by jitu_2677 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:20 pm

HI
Those who get 3 - 6 month letter any update guys? if anybody got brown envolope then after how many days after 3-6 month letter?

How many of us still waiting?

A.Jadoon

Post by A.Jadoon » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:46 pm

I'm still waiting and hoping to get that mysterious brown envelope sooner than later. :)

Aqiboss
Newly Registered

Post by Aqiboss » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:56 pm

A.Jadoon wrote:I'm still waiting and hoping to get that mysterious brown envelope sooner than later. :)
When did you applied ?

A.Jadoon

Post by A.Jadoon » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:03 pm

16th June

menyheart
Newly Registered

Post by menyheart » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:10 am

My application has been refused after 10 months of waiting! They told me I was not working continuously for 5 years in the UK ... which is completely INCORRECT! I provided all the P60-s, payslips, everything, so not sure how could they come up with this!!!

They have not informed me if I can appeal against the decision ... I cannot even describe ....

(I sent them a letter requesting more information as their explanation was very vague)

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:36 am

menyheart wrote:My application has been refused after 10 months of waiting! They told me I was not working continuously for 5 years in the UK ... which is completely INCORRECT! I provided all the P60-s, payslips, everything, so not sure how could they come up with this!!!

They have not informed me if I can appeal against the decision ... I cannot even describe ....

(I sent them a letter requesting more information as their explanation was very vague)
Note that there is no appeals process for naturalisation. What you are allowed to do is request for a reconsideration. Under what basis did you apply? Was it as a EEA member with PR, exercising treaty rights?

menyheart
Newly Registered

Post by menyheart » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:46 am

cs95tdg wrote:
menyheart wrote:My application has been refused after 10 months of waiting! They told me I was not working continuously for 5 years in the UK ... which is completely INCORRECT! I provided all the P60-s, payslips, everything, so not sure how could they come up with this!!!

Note that there is no appeals process for naturalisation. What you are allowed to do is request for a reconsideration. Under what basis did you apply? Was it as a EEA member with PR, exercising treaty rights?

I am EEA Resident (A8). I don't have the PR card, but been in the country and been working uninterrupted for over 7 years now. So there must be a way to formally complaint against their decision, otherwise they can just turn around and refuse based on whatever they want?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:15 am

menyheart wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:Note that there is no appeals process for naturalisation. What you are allowed to do is request for a reconsideration. Under what basis did you apply? Was it as a EEA member with PR, exercising treaty rights?
I am EEA Resident (A8). I don't have the PR card, but been in the country and been working uninterrupted for over 7 years now. So there must be a way to formally complaint against their decision, otherwise they can just turn around and refuse based on whatever they want?
As stated above, you are allowed to request for a reconsideration (it's just not an Appeal) if you believe the decision was incorrect, providing facts to support this. I'm not aware of the specifics when it comes to EEA (A8) residents, but did you register with the HO under WRS when beginning employment at the time you first arrived? See point 6 under faq sticky below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html

It may also help others comment if you post the exact wording of the refusal, excluding any personal information.
Last edited by cs95tdg on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

menyheart
Newly Registered

Post by menyheart » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:20 am

cs95tdg wrote:
menyheart wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:Note that there is no appeals process for naturalisation. What you are allowed to do is request for a reconsideration. Under what basis did you apply? Was it as a EEA member with PR, exercising treaty rights?
As stated above, you are allowed to request for a reconsideration (it's just not an Appeal) if you believe the decision was incorrect, providing facts to support this. I'm not aware of the specifics when it comes to EEA (A8) residents, but did you register with the HO under WRS when beginning employment at the time you first arrived? See point 6 under faq sticky below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html

Yes I did. WRS was done, certificates issued for all my workplaces. After the fist one I left the country for 4 years, then I came back, updated the job certificate under WRS, started to work and worked 7 years since then. Unless they misunderstood something with this "gap", it should be pretty straightforward. (I also issued letter from employees, confirming the length of employment for the first 12 months of the WRS, payslips, etc) Something is really messed up here

Londoner078
Newly Registered

Post by Londoner078 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:20 pm

congratulations to those ones who got their approvals, this gives me hope but on the other hand when i see some people waiting for 14 month or a year that really gives me more stress! this has nothing to do with more checks, i bet they haven't even looked into some of the applications and thats us, since when for the UK and its secret service takes this long to find out about someones background?!?! that is just bunch of BS. I have PR card and they have already checked all my background before they gave me that,
as i said before when they see your name on the application and if they dont like it they just throw it somewhere else! FACT.

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:56 pm

Londoner078 wrote:congratulations to those ones who got their approvals, this gives me hope but on the other hand when i see some people waiting for 14 month or a year that really gives me more stress! this has nothing to do with more checks, i bet they haven't even looked into some of the applications and thats us, since when for the UK and its secret service takes this long to find out about someones background?!?! that is just bunch of BS. I have PR card and they have already checked all my background before they gave me that,
as i said before when they see your name on the application and if they dont like it they just throw it somewhere else! FACT.

I agree with you %110...they don't give a F how this carelessness from them make us feel...I can't tell u how upset i am.

Londoner078
Newly Registered

Post by Londoner078 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:38 pm

any news? over 10 month here :/

A.Jadoon

Post by A.Jadoon » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:44 pm

Unfortunately likewise you. But most importantly; it doesn't take my smile away, I'm happy as I've always been.

Aqiboss
Newly Registered

Post by Aqiboss » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:16 pm

Londoner078 wrote:any news? over 10 month here :/

No fella same here !! Applied in June called today and been told can't give any update at the moment you have to wait or just write a complaint if you want bullocks

jd786
Newly Registered

Post by jd786 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:16 pm

Hi guys I just came to update I got my nationality letter on the 24th March I was on holiday I applied on the 12th June 2014 got my nationality certificate on the 22nd April and I have applied for British passport on the 24th :) wish you good luck who's waiting I did sent a email to the complain department and told them if home office is in back log they should complete the old application first after that I got my approval:)

Londoner078
Newly Registered

Post by Londoner078 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:13 pm

jd786 wrote:Hi guys I just came to update I got my nationality letter on the 24th March I was on holiday I applied on the 12th June 2014 got my nationality certificate on the 22nd April and I have applied for British passport on the 24th :) wish you good luck who's waiting I did sent a email to the complain department and told them if home office is in back log they should complete the old application first after that I got my approval:)
congratulations man im happy for you :)
i did make complain but nothing i received the 3-6 month letter instead.. :/

gurudev

Post by gurudev » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:19 pm

I am still waiting applied May 21, 2014 ... Contacted several times... no use... got letter saying another 3 to 6 months in Feb 2015... I think like its a lottery system or pick and choose game that home office is playing with us... :oops: :?

I understand that checks has to be done properly, but after following the forum comments truly its not the checks which is the culprit.. its a proper system failure but the great thing is they have very good escaping protocol that cannot be questioned by any system in this world... :(