ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Mother(59-years) be HSMP Dependent..

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

malikshabbir
Newly Registered

Can Mother(59-years) be HSMP Dependent..

Post by malikshabbir » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:20 pm

Hello There

we want to call our mother to Uk because our father had passed away (RIP) two months back and no body is available to take care of her in pakistan.
I am on student Visa and my elder brother is on HSMP(3rd year) visa..
he is working with Reuters and earning handsome salary
our only brother in pakistan is in Army and he can't take care of our mother cause he is not allowed to keep parents with him.
My sisters are married and they can't support our mother as well..

We are interested to bring her on HSMP dependent Visa..but we are worried that if it is refused it'll take long time to resolve it..so what if we apply for a Visit Visa and we should apply for dependent Visa when she comes here..

Please provide ur Assistance here..what is the best option

Thanks in Advance

topazstar

Visa for mother

Post by topazstar » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:16 pm

My advice would be to apply for a dependant visa (settlement form VAF2) as I think it is unlikely you would get a visit visa as they may guess that your mother would not wish to return to Pakistan (we had a visit visa refused for this reason) and you cannot apply within UK for settlement unless you have more than a 6 month visa (visit visa is 6 months only).

Go to this website:

www.ukvisas.gov.uk

then to SITE MAP and look up the details for:

Family members (INF 6)

This will give you all the information that you need (see below). As your mother is under 65, it will be slightly harder to get the visa. You will have to prove, with evidence, that no-one in Pakistan is able to care for her.

Can parents, grandparents and other dependent relatives go to live in the UK?
If you are a widowed parent or grandparent aged 65 or over, or parents or grandparents travelling together and one of you is 65 or over, you may qualify if:

* you are completely or mainly financially dependent on children or grandchildren living and settled in the UK
* you have no other close relatives in your own country to help you
* your children or grandchildren can support you without needing help from public funds, and
* your children or grandchildren have enough accommodation, which they alone own or live in, where you can live without needing any help from public funds.

If you are a parent or grandparent under the age of 65, you may qualify if:

* you are living in the most exceptional compassionate circumstances
* you are completely or mainly financially dependent on children or grandchildren living and settled in the UK
* you have no other close relatives in your own country to help you
* your children or grandchildren can support you without needing help from public funds, and
* your children or grandchildren have enough accommodation, which they alone own or live in, where you can live without needing any help from public funds.

If you are over 18 and have a parent settled in the UK, or if you are a sister, brother, aunt, uncle or any other relative of a person settled in the UK, you may qualify if you meet the conditions listed in the previous paragraph and you are living alone in the most exceptional compassionate circumstances.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:16 pm

HSMP dependant visa is for spouses (and partners) and children of HSMP holders only I'm afraid
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....