ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How many self addressed envelopes

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rd409
Newly Registered

How many self addressed envelopes

Post by rd409 » Wed May 13, 2015 3:05 pm

Hello all helpful people,
I am about to apply for OCI for the family, and looking at the Postoffice website, the Special Delivery prepaid envelopes are only available in packet of 5s.
Has anyone bought smaller quantities before, and where do I get one from? How many do I need anyways for me and my wife, so I might get a pack of 5 if we need more anyways.

Thanks for the helpful advise.

theasterix
Newly Registered

Re: How many self addressed envelopes

Post by theasterix » Wed May 13, 2015 4:19 pm

rd409 wrote:Hello all helpful people,
I am about to apply for OCI for the family, and looking at the Postoffice website, the Special Delivery prepaid envelopes are only available in packet of 5s.
Has anyone bought smaller quantities before, and where do I get one from? How many do I need anyways for me and my wife, so I might get a pack of 5 if we need more anyways.

You can call and check, VFS previously charged £15 for courier, but on my last trip VFS honslow charged me £8 for the courier. That is almost equal to special delivery envelop.

When I submitted document, VFS allowed me a give only one SD envelop to return originals for 3 applications. However when I went back with passport they asked for 3 envelops. I paid for 2 couriers.

bahla
Newly Registered

Post by bahla » Wed May 13, 2015 4:29 pm

rd409 wrote:Hello all helpful people,

VFS London (Paddington) wanted 2 each. They scanned the barcodes on the Special Delivery envelopes and returned 2 of the envelopes back (1 each). The two envelopes that were kept will be used to send original documents back. The envelopes that were returned will need to be taken back to them (plus UK passport etc ) when the OCI is approved and will be used to post the OCI documents and your UK passport back to you.

You can buy individual "Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm" envelopes (C4 sized plastic bags really) for £7.25 from post offices.

Good luck.

rd409
Newly Registered

Post by rd409 » Wed May 13, 2015 4:43 pm

Thank you folks for help. :)

kopper

Post by kopper » Sun May 24, 2015 3:41 pm

The post office sells 100g and 500g Special Delivery envelopes so do make sure buy the correct one depending on the weight of the docs.