ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

waiting for reply

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

umalig
Newly Registered

read this news

Post by umalig » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:24 am

Emigrant Advice Press Release 30th. August - Download here

Further poor information provision by Department of Justice, Equality
and Law Reform responsible for current deportation situation Emigrant Advice, a project of Crosscare (the social care agency of the Dublin Diocese), stated today that a lack of clear information from the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform is responsible for the current situation regarding the deportation threat to non-EU spouses of EU nationals.

Background
Ireland is the only EU country to require the non-EU spouse of EU nationals living and working here to have lived in another member state before they can be granted residence.

The Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform is proposing to deport the non-EU spouses who do not fulfil this requirement. However, the Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service1 did not make information about this requirement available in any accessible fashion until July 2007.

Statement
Richard King, Information Officer with Crosscare’s Emigrant Advice, stated that “the residency application form that must be submitted by non-EU spouses of EU nationals does not state anywhere that the non-EU applicant has to have lived in another member state. This form was the only accessible source of information up to last month. People applied in good faith, only to be refused because of a policy the Irish Naturalisation &
Immigration Service (INIS) did not inform people of until July of this year.

This lack of information is an ongoing concern we have with the INIS. As an agency that works with Irish emigrants as well as immigrants we see that other countries’ immigration policies are much easier to access, and this means that people can make informed decisions. The INIS must take responsibility for the current problem, as it did not provide essential information in either a clear or timely fashionâ€

desifighter
Newly Registered

Post by desifighter » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:06 pm

Mr Umair Can please Stop this Copy Past things ........as we all know these stories ........

Thanx

microlab

Post by microlab » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:30 pm

as we all know these stories
How do you know that?

CamB
Newly Registered

Post by CamB » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:37 pm

I hadn't read that before and found it very interesting. It certainly applies to me and it is good to know what I had always believed, that there was no information about the requirement to live in another EU country made available to us before we came here.

umalig
Newly Registered

thx.......

Post by umalig » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:56 pm

see some people donot now anyway i just find in internet and it was good for every bady....we are all in almost same postion so we have to help each other not just leave comments anyway every bady have rights.....i hope bec of me some bady get help or idea ..god bless all of us.......

microlab

Post by microlab » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:50 pm

see some people donot now anyway i just find in internet and it was good for every bady....we are all in almost same postion so we have to help each other not just leave comments anyway every bady have rights.....i hope bec of me some bady get help or idea ..god bless all of us.......
There is no need to apologise.

Ignore patronising Mr Desifighter.

umalig
Newly Registered

HHello

Post by umalig » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:46 pm

Hi today my son and my wife went to lithiuinain to make our son passport bec she is here for last 2 years so tht why we are getting Eu Lith passport for a mean time.....after 1 year we will apply for our son irish passport i hope then we will get .......
and i want to share some thing with you friends..tht my wife send email to citizenship office about our case.....and they call to my wife after 6 days she told to my wife that 95 percent people refuse for stamp 4 bec of this law that you was not in another eu country before you came to ireland...anyway and she was saying to us that i was ilegal when i get married my visa expired before 6 days of our marrige....so only 1 condition left that you have 9 months son and Doj will not seprate father to son...i donot this thing is true or no...any idea.......plzz....
Thanks to all....

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:34 pm

I think according to the Chen case, you might have right to stay as parent of an E.U citizen child who is living outside his country of citizenship in the Union.

http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/chen.pdf
''In the Chen case, the UK Secretary of State of the Home Department had refused to grant a long term residence permit to either Catherine, a minor Irish child aged eight months, or her mother on the grounds that Catherine was not exercising any rights arising from the EC Treaty
as laid down in domestic UK legislation, Regulation 5 of the UK Immigration Regulations 2000.
Several questions were referred to the ECJ by way of preliminary ruling, including: -
1. Does either Directive 73/148 or 90/364 confer a right on Catherine, a minor EU citizen, to enter and reside in the host MS
2. If so, does it consequently confer a right on her mother, a third country national who is the primary care giver, to reside with Catherine as either her dependent or because she lived with Catherine in her country of origin or on any other special basis?
Opinion of Advocate General Tizzano
In May 2004, the Advocate General of the ECJ gave his opinion in the case. He found that a young child who is a national of a Member State is entitled to reside in another Member State provided that he or she is covered by sickness insurance and has sufficient resources to ensure
that, during their stay, they do not become a burden on the public finances of the host Member State. He also found that, the mother of the EU citizen must be able to invoke a right of residence deriving from that of her young child because otherwise the child’s right would be entirely deprived of effectiveness.
The opinion of the Advocate General does not bind the European Court of Justice, but it is very influential and is frequently followed by the ECJ.It is clear that EU Member States will have to recognise a right of residence asserted by parents of Irish children living outside of Ireland, subject to the limitations and conditions of EU law.

umalig
Newly Registered

archigabe thx

Post by umalig » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:45 pm

ok tht good news and i donot have health insurance so i will get health inurance for my family.........and i hae some money as well......?wut you will think it will work ?

umalig
Newly Registered

hi to all again

Post by umalig » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:04 pm

i think i told you friends that i send email to Doj to re-open my case so they reply me and .......
Your request for an appeal has been received in this office and iscurrently being dealt with. Once a decision has been reached you will benotified in writing from this office.
Regards,EU Treaty Rights Section EU Treaty RightsMail - In Query
So i am stil waiting and we get over baby Lithunain passport .
and i am thinking that i will send my new documents to Doj by Reg post?
did any bady get good newsss...........i hope every bady will get .....

umalig
Newly Registered

hello

Post by umalig » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:36 pm

hi i am still waiting for my decion can any bady tell can i apply for spouse work permit i talk with company they will apply for for me spouse work permit ..i told them tht i am waiting for stamp 4 ....but now i donot have student visa it finish last year 30 june bec of doj they hold my passport for 10 months......any idea how can i get spouse work permit..
thx