ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Interview

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

devmanda1ia

Visa Interview

Post by devmanda1ia » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:48 pm

Hi,

I am going back home to submit my wife's dependant visa file. I am only going back for a week.

My questions is what happens in case she is called for an interview? Will I be interviewed as well? Do I have to be there for an interview or she can give on her own?

Thanks,

Dev

topazstar

Visa Interview

Post by topazstar » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:06 pm

Hi Dev
We are in similar position - I went to Pakistan in August as sponsor to submit my husband's application for spouse visa.
That was a month ago and he has not been called for Interview.
My understanding is that interview is usually only necessary where case is complex or more information is needed. It is also usual just for the applicant (in this case, your wife) to be interviewed.
We submitted docs 11/9 and were called for fingerprints 13/9 so you should easily get this done in the week.
Apart from that, if you do a search on this forum you will find lots of information about interviews, should your wife be called, but do not worry if she is not.
If she is, she needs to be knowledgeable about all details of your application and about you, particularly about your finances, employment, housing, relationship and personal details. They will only have the information in front of them so as long as she knows this well and is well informed about the details of your relationship, this should be OK. I have also noted that, if she is called for interview, to take current bank statements and any documents that they may return to you. Do not turn up at the interview without documents - they sometimes may ask for additional documents at time of interview request. But, I repeat, interview may not be necessary and is not an automatic part of the process. Hope this helps.