ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- Absence from UK whilst unemployed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

argus7
Wales

Re: ILR- Absence from UK whilst unemployed

Post by argus7 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:13 am

nope

tier1app

Post by tier1app » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:32 pm

argus7 wrote:Also scoring points verification is only done during extensions and during ILR/Tier 1 visa renewal. Even if your qualifying years had low income if below points is fine as long as necessary points are achieved during extensions/ILR application
Hi Argus7, truly valid point, and it leads to my next question. I had always scored 45 point for previous earnings for my initial/extension applications; now I intend to submit my application as soon as I have enough income for 75 points (so say 20 points from 4-5 months of salary,) would that reflect my application negatively?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:19 pm

jayacpr wrote:so it means , only last 12 months from time application is important ,not the other yrs??
That's correct, as far as scoring the necessary points goes. However it is expected that you will be able show that you were economically active over your 5 year residential qualifying period. Please note that this does not equate to having been employed every day/month over the 5 years. You could for example have had gaps in employment, so long as they were not very significant in length & can be reasonably explained.

rajendrasingh1
Newly Registered

Post by rajendrasingh1 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:09 pm

Hi All,
I thought I would share my experience. Today I applied for my ILR at Croydon PEO and after 4 hours of long wait my application was succesful (don't know why they took so long as mine should have been a straight forward case). However I just realised they did not return my origional Life in UK pass certificate,
Happy to share more details if any one needs any help.

Many thanks
Raj

laxmipathi

Post by laxmipathi » Wed May 06, 2015 3:34 pm

Hi Rajendra,

Could you please share list of documents submitted specially for absences related?

Thanks
Laxmi

rajendrasingh1
Newly Registered

Post by rajendrasingh1 » Wed May 06, 2015 8:50 pm

Hi Laxmi,
The documents I submitted were the following:
1) Passport
2) 2 photographs
3) Life in UK pass certificate
4) IELTS certificate (expired 2009). I used it during my initial entry clerance application in March 2010. As back up I also submiteed point based calculator print our (use as Tier 2 user) which showed my Degree and gave me 10 points for English.
5) 12 months Bank statement
6) Current Employer letter certifying salary for 12 months. I did not have original payslips I had online copies but my employer does not have a stamp.
7) Letters from past and current employers certifying absence. Although I feel this is not required if your total absence is less than 180 days over a 5 year period.

8 Personal letter explaining reason for absence. I traveleld a lot out of UK whilst unemployed. I did lot of contract jobs initially and between jobs I was unemployed for months, as from interview stage to actual joining takes time (months in some cases)
9) Bio-metric card
10) Photocopy of all above douments, except for Life in UK certificate. I guess may be thats why the case worker did not return my original life in UK certificate. :)

tier1app

Post by tier1app » Thu May 07, 2015 4:33 pm

Hi Rajendra, thanks for sharing your valuable experience, may I ask what have you stated in your personal letter in order to explain your absence while you were unemployed and on contract role? i.e. what are the necessary components to be included?

rajendrasingh1
Newly Registered

Post by rajendrasingh1 » Fri May 08, 2015 4:02 pm

Hi tier1app ,
I wrote whatever was the truth. I came in July 2010 I was travelling in Europe during Christmas of 2010 so I wrote that. When I finished my contarct jobs and went on holiday whilst unemployed I mentioned "I had finshed my contract job and I took a break for 2 weeks and went on holiday, came back and started my job with x employer" etc. I provided employer letter for the period I was employed on contracts and was out of UK during that contarct period on holidays etc. Where I could not provide letter from employer I just stated the fact.
I do not think they will make a big deal of you absence, for them the main thing is that you have the required points and that your absence was not too excessive.

Cheers
Raj

tier1app

Post by tier1app » Sat May 09, 2015 8:06 am

Hi Raj, thank a lot and congrats on the ILR again, very kind of you sharing your experience.

nks

Post by nks » Sun May 31, 2015 8:57 pm

Hi Rajendra, you mentioned arriving in July 2010 and absence during Christmas for holidays. Did you do any contract job or employment in between July and December and how many days were you absent over Christmas if I may ask please?

Thanks