ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nowa
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by nowa » Fri May 01, 2015 2:05 am

hi everyone,,,
I have not received my invitation letter yet .
Dose it take time ?
any idea
thanks all

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Fri May 01, 2015 12:37 pm

What invitation letter are you waiting for?
nowa wrote:hi everyone,,,
I have not received my invitation letter yet .
Dose it take time ?
any idea
thanks all

mykarl123
Newly Registered

Post by mykarl123 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:33 pm

Congrats you are waiting for your invitation letter. Would youshare your time line. .. It doesn't take time. From other people's experience it should be hand in hand with the approval. Am waiting since 4th July 2014.. Hope the famous brown envelope turns up soon

sidbettysally
Newly Registered

Post by sidbettysally » Thu May 07, 2015 7:53 am

Can anyone help please? I applied for U.K. naturalisation from the U.K. on 17th March 2015 and they took my £903 out of my bank on
30th March 2015 so I know they have received my application and documents.
I haven't heard anything since. Is this usual? Does anyone know how long it is taking now (May 2015). I thought I would receive a letter to confirm they had received my documents. I haven't had any of my documents returned yet. I thought they would photocopy them and return them in the self addressed envelope I enclosed. I am really worried they might get lost. Any information would be most welcome.

k_annilkumar
Newly Registered

Post by k_annilkumar » Thu May 07, 2015 9:35 am

Hi

I have applied for the British naturalisation On 2nd of April, few days ago i have received a letter from home office to submit Biometrics at local post office ltd.. Letter was addressed to me only but they kept someone's Biometric letter(A4 paper) inside with different case reference number..
I have contacted them,that guy on the line was frustrating when i was explaining...finally he took my details and said someone will contact me..do they really contact me? shall i call them again?
what should i do ?
Any suggestions please....
many thanks

m3m3m
Newly Registered

Post by m3m3m » Thu May 07, 2015 1:36 pm

@k_annilkumar
@sidbettysally

For any enquiry if you call the home office customer care centre and give your case ref number and give your contact phone number you will receive a phone call from home office as they promised, you will receive a call from "No caller id".

the guys you initially speak to( 1st level support) are quite rude and non cooperative but if they agree to your callback request and take your contact details the call will definitely come.

at least it happened to me that they called me back... and they called me the very same day I requested a callback but in the evening around 6.00PM (very late though)

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Fri May 08, 2015 1:42 am

sidbettysally wrote:Can anyone help please? I applied for U.K. naturalisation from the U.K. on 17th March 2015 and they took my £903 out of my bank on
I haven't heard anything since. Is this usual? Does anyone know how long it is taking now (May 2015). I thought I would receive a letter to confirm they had received my documents. I haven't had any of my documents returned yet. I thought they would photocopy them and return them in the self addressed envelope I enclosed. I am really worried they might get lost. Any information would be most welcome.
That is absolutely normal. Most of the time people do not receive acknowledgment letters, as long as they have taken the fee out from ur bank then it means they received ur application.

HO does not send back ur original documents until requested by u after submitting ur application. They usually send ur documents back with the decision of ur application(which can take upto 6 months).

SO if u want ur documents back then the procedure is that u have to request them back from home office website and make sure where they ask "do u want to withdraw ur application" u say no and just request the return of ur original documents.

Hope this info will be a help.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Fri May 08, 2015 5:33 pm

waiz89k wrote:
sidbettysally wrote:Can anyone help please? I applied for U.K. naturalisation from the U.K. on 17th March 2015 and they took my £903 out of my bank on
That is absolutely normal. Most of the time people do not receive acknowledgment letters, as long as they have taken the fee out from ur bank then it means they received ur application.

HO does not send back ur original documents until requested by u after submitting ur application. They usually send ur documents back with the decision of ur application(which can take minimum 6 months).

SO if u want ur documents back then the procedure is that u have to request them back from home office website and make sure where they ask "do u want to withdraw ur application" u say no and just request the return of ur original documents.

Hope this info will be a help.

Riz2727
Newly Registered

Post by Riz2727 » Tue May 12, 2015 10:03 am

Hi all,

I just have a quick question, I will be applying by myself for naturalisation next month. However, I would like to use different corresponding address to where I have been living (due to communal post issues). In the previous application, this option was there however in AN form I do not see this unless I have not seen it well enough.

Can you kindly advise me if anyone has done this in the past or how should I go about this ?

Reagrds

khan7861
Newly Registered

Post by khan7861 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:35 am

Morning,
is anybody please help me, I am applying my citizenship next week by NCS. Could any one please confirm about Biometric card will they send back to home office. Or just scans it and return to you back,

because I am planning to go back home after two week,

I really appreciate reply my question

Thanks

avimanyu_sengupta

Post by avimanyu_sengupta » Mon May 18, 2015 12:22 pm

khan7861 wrote:Morning,
is anybody please help me, I am applying my citizenship next week by NCS. Could any one please confirm about Biometric card will they send back to home office. Or just scans it and return to you back,

because I am planning to go back home after two week,

I really appreciate reply my question

Thanks
If you are applying through NCS, they will photocopy all your supporting documents like passports, BRPs, P60s etc and return it back to you then and there. Its advisable not to leave the country till you get the letter from Home Office to go and give your biometrics at a local post office. You need to give your biometrics within 2 weeks of receiving the letter from HO, else your application will be returned.

maziar
Newly Registered

Post by maziar » Tue May 19, 2015 11:12 pm

Hi, Im an Iranian refugee and granted indefinit leave to remain after 5 years stay in uk, can I apply straight away for Naturalisation as Im going to marry my british fiance next week?
Kind regards

maziar
Newly Registered

Post by maziar » Sat May 23, 2015 11:46 am

maziar wrote:Hi, Im an Iranian refugee and granted indefinit leave to remain after 5 years stay in uk, can I apply straight away for Naturalisation as Im going to marry my british fiance next week?
Kind regards

rosdean
Newly Registered

Post by rosdean » Sat May 30, 2015 12:38 pm

Hi

Applying for Naturalisation via NCS. Should I carry a set of photocopy of the originals including the current and old passports or NCS will take care of the photocopying.
Thanks
Rosdean

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Sat May 30, 2015 3:34 pm

rosdean wrote:Hi

Applying for Naturalisation via NCS. Should I carry a set of photocopy of the originals including the current and old passports or NCS will take care of the photocopying.
Thanks
Rosdean
No u dont need to. NCS will do photocopies themselves.

maziar
Newly Registered

Post by maziar » Sat May 30, 2015 4:23 pm

maziar wrote:
Hi, Im an Iranian refugee and granted indefinit leave to remain after 5 years stay in uk, can I apply straight away for Naturalisation as Im going to marry my british fiance next week?
Kind regards

bura

Post by bura » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:57 pm

Hi,
it would be great if someone could tell me that how to find out the receipt of application, is it sent by post/email by home office as reading through timelines I noticed that the date of receipt for many people is usually the next day of sending the application. I applied on 28th may by NCS they received it today(01.06.2015)
so when do i find out date of receipt ?
thanks in advance

ias_iaj
Newly Registered

Post by ias_iaj » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:24 pm

Hello all,

Kindly help with my query regarding change of address.
I was granted ILR in Mar-14 (and have received BRP as part of this process) and have applied for my Citizenship in Apr-15 and am still awaiting decision. I have given Bimetrics as part of my current Naturalisation process in May-15.

I have recently moved to a new address and have let the HO know using the below url:
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... pdate.ofml

Should I inform BRP team by completing a Migrant Change of Circumstances (MCC) form.
Kinbdly let me know if this is required.

Thanks for your help in advance,

crazyvish

Post by crazyvish » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:38 pm

Hi Guys,

From your experience please can you tell me whether or not it is safe to go for a 2 month holiday immediately after applying for 'Naturalisation'? Will I need to sumbit any biometrics as a part of the application? I already hold a Biometric Residence permit (ILR). How long have we got before we can submit the biometrics after receiving the notification?

kkdaga
Newly Registered

Post by kkdaga » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:47 pm

Hello everyone, I am planning to apply for british citizenship with my wife and daughter. I have stayed in UK for 5 years but my wife has stayed for 3 years only. Can she apply for citizenship with me or first I need to apply and get citizenship and then get my wife to apply separately?

Moon_Khan

Post by Moon_Khan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:56 pm

Hi All,

Please anyone can answer my enquiry,I am going to apply for naturalisation.
I got lastYear Ilr on the basis of tier 1 general migrant for 5 years,
I have bachelor degree from abroad and I have got 30 points in tier 1 general for my qualification,do I need English requirement when applying for AN,although I have passed ESOL B 1test from trinity college in November 2013,still I can use that certificate?or do I need another test to pass?
Please advice me.

Regards

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:40 am

You should be fine but you need to pass life in the uk test as well. Good luck.
Babe khyber

valw
Newly Registered

Post by valw » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:48 am

From looking at recent timelines (applications made after 6 April 2015), it seems like it's taking about 4 weeks from time UKBA receive application to time of fees being deducted and letter of acknowledge being received. We applied on 26 May so will wait and see.

bura

Post by bura » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:04 pm

bura wrote:Hi,
it would be great if someone could tell me that how to find out the receipt of application, is it sent by post/email by home office as reading through timelines I noticed that the date of receipt for many people is usually the next day of sending the application. I applied on 28th may by NCS they received it today(01.06.2015)
thanks in advance

crazyvish

Post by crazyvish » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:21 pm

bura wrote:
bura wrote:Hi,
thanks in advance
As long as you know that they have received it, I would give 7 to 10 working days before I start worrying. They will send on acknowledgement by post.