ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation (FPN Fixed Penalty Notice URGENT)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ifti12

Naturalisation (FPN Fixed Penalty Notice URGENT)

Post by ifti12 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi guys,

I have read the "Good Character Requirement FAQs" posted by Amber and I think I should be okay but for peace of mind asking from you.

I have been issued ONLY ONE in last 6 years FIXED PENALTY NOTICE (NON-ENDORSABLE OFFENCE) £100. This the exact wording on FPN. NO POINTS on licence. I have paid the amount and settled it immediately.

Offence code 316 : Child in rear passenger seat no seat belt.

NO other FPN in last 6 years.

Would that effect on my citizenship application in anyhow? Do I have to disclose anything in my application?

Thanks
ifti

usman81

Re: Naturalisation (FPN Fixed Penalty Notice URGENT)

Post by usman81 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:27 pm

ifti12 wrote:Hi guys,

I have read the "Good Character Requirement FAQs" posted by Amber and I think I should be okay but for peace of mind asking from you.

I have been issued ONLY ONE in last 6 years FIXED PENALTY NOTICE (NON-ENDORSABLE OFFENCE) £100. This the exact wording on FPN. NO POINTS on licence. I have paid the amount and settled it immediately.

Would that effect on my citizenship application in anyhow? Do I have to disclose anything in my application?

Thanks
ifti
FPNs and PCNs are only considered if numerous in last 12 months. If that was just one FPN not delivered via court then no need to worry. Whether that should be declared or not ? I am not sure either. Read the guidance, it says that FPNs and PCNs don't normally affect the outcome of application but will be considered if numerous in last 12 months. It does not explicitly say to declare if less than two during last 12 months!! My implied understanding is no need to declare if less than 2.
I am no one only GOD knows the best

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:14 pm

usman81 wrote:
ifti12 wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks
ifti
FPNs and PCNs are only considered if numerous in last 12 months. If that was just one FPN not delivered via court then no need to worry. Whether that should be declared or not ? I am not sure either. Read the guidance, it says that FPNs and PCNs don't normally affect the outcome of application but will be considered if numerous in last 12 months. It does not explicitly say to declare if less than two during last 12 months!! My implied understanding is no need to declare if less than 2.

Thanks Usman, that's what my understanding is exactly. I'll wait for the outcome.

kashifsiddiqe
Newly Registered

Post by kashifsiddiqe » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:56 pm

Hi ,

I am keenly looking for some help .

I have applied for my Naturalisation on 10th March along with my Spouse and 8 years old son and currently waiting for my outcome, however 2 days ago I have received a Fixed Penalty Notice by Council Depositing Litter - Section 87 Environmental Protection Act 1990 .

Firstly I don't agree with the allegation as I have not done any illegal littering and Council I believe has sent me this notice due to some misunderstanding . I am very upset and stressed due to this situation and looking for some suggestion that what should I do and currently looking for below options:-

1. Should I go to court and appeal against this FPN sent by the Council or should I pay this fine ASAP ?
2. Secondly I am very worried that can this FPN affect my Naturalisation Application Outcome ?
3. Thirdly do I need to disclose this incident to Home Office as this has happened after my application submission ?

Waiting for your reply anxiously .

Regards,
Kashif

kashifsiddiqe
Newly Registered

Post by kashifsiddiqe » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:18 am

kashifsiddiqe wrote:Hi ,

I have applied for my Naturalisation on 10th March along with my Spouse and 8 years old son and currently waiting for my outcome, however 2 days ago I have received a Fixed Penalty Notice by Council Depositing Litter - Section 87 Environmental Protection Act 1990 .

Firstly I don't agree with the allegation as I have not done any illegal littering and Council I believe has sent me this notice due to some misunderstanding . I am very upset and stressed due to this situation and looking for some suggestion that what should I do and currently looking for below options:-

1. Should I go to court and appeal against this FPN sent by the Council or should I pay this fine ASAP ?
2. Secondly I am very worried that can this FPN affect my Naturalisation Application Outcome ?
3. Thirdly do I need to disclose this incident to Home Office as this has happened after my application submission ?

Regards,
Kashif

usman81

Post by usman81 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:00 am

kashifsiddiqe wrote:
kashifsiddiqe wrote:Hi ,

Regards,
Kashif
Generally speaking, councils allow penalties to be challenged back to them. Is it stated in FPN to challenge at council? What will happen they will review and conclude if fine could be withdrawn or not. FPN is kept on hold until challenge is concluded. If rejected you will still have option to go to court of law. I will only go to court if 100% convinced to win the argument otherwise will pay the fine and close the transaction.

If this is your first FPN within last 12 months, no need to worry since HO only considers FPNs and PCNs if issued numerous during last 12 months.

Should this be informed to HO? My opinion is HO has left it ambiguous very much like the whole subject of good character. I would not declare this but please seek for more advice here.
I am no one only GOD knows the best

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:40 pm

ifti12 wrote:
usman81 wrote: FPNs and PCNs are only considered if numerous in last 12 months. If that was just one FPN not delivered via court then no need to worry. Whether that should be declared or not ? I am not sure either. Read the guidance, it says that FPNs and PCNs don't normally affect the outcome of application but will be considered if numerous in last 12 months. It does not explicitly say to declare if less than two during last 12 months!! My implied understanding is no need to declare if less than 2.
The guidance notes p9 state "Fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) must be disclosed" (my emphasis). This seems quite clear that you must declare them. The guidance also states that this will probably be okay unless the FPNs were numerous or went to court. To me this is saying that you have to disclose all FPNs and the caseworker will exercise their discretion on whether to disregard. It isn't giving the applicant the authority to decide to leave them out.

vishpb35

Post by vishpb35 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:17 pm

If I was you, i will write on 2 separate copies of Good character requirement of Form (one with FPN and another 1 blank) and ask on day of NCS appointment to NCS officer about which copy to submit. (They can advise you on that day for sure about all these FPN/PCN) Normally if you dont have more than 1 FPN in last 12 months, you should be fine and yours FPN seems to be more than year ago.Donont forget to take ur driving license and original paperpart. If you were not given any notice by police etc within last 12 months, then you should be fine. You are very much eligible. good luck !

vishpb35

Post by vishpb35 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:43 pm

To add, please refer this link below,

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 87773.html

thanx

khanbadshah
Newly Registered
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by khanbadshah » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:14 am

Hi everyone

I got dart charge penalty 12/07/2017 but i moved to London 15/07/2017 then I had call from my friend 05/01/2018 that I got dart charge penalty, I paid £190. I didn't know that I got penalty, it was saying county court business center traffic inforesment, I sent my application 1 week ago i have not even mention it is it gonna affect my cetizanship application