ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dream40

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by dream40 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:21 am

No sel7 if you can put my wife details on Google sheet
Applied 04th April ack 13 April bio letter 23 rd April bio enrol bon 2nd May
Waiting for decision

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:42 am

Darvesh wrote:Its time for me to share my good news :D

Alhamdulillah, a long wait over and finally got my ILR approved...this forum is very informative and wonderful place to share and learn about many immigrations issue and their remedies.

my time line is as follow

App sent 04-04-2015

Ack got 14-04-2015

Bio recieved and done 18-4-2015

email confirmation NEVER RECEIVED ANY EMAIL

Decision on my application 25-6-2015

Docs return 26-06-2015(return envelop provided)

my case was very simple and straight forward, never had any immigration issue and always got extensions in time..

Now feeling quite relived and good luck to all those who are still waiting......
Congrats Darvesh , Happy to hear for ur approval and hopefully rest of us will get approvals soon.
Regards
Khan

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:51 am

dream40 wrote:No sel7 if you can put my wife details on Google sheet
Applied 04th April ack 13 April bio letter 23 rd April bio enrol bon 2nd May
Waiting for decision
someone kind on this forum uploaded your details on the google spreadsheet. I wish you the very best as you wait.

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:47 pm

Pls everyone i need your take on this as is ugent, as i need to make my mind up on what to do.

my flr fp appeal was allowed last week , based on the evidence that have completed 10 years, so after 1 week i called tribunal and they told me home is willing to appeal and they've send them a letter, but still waiting for them though.

I don't think i can let them drag me through that route again, so am looking into going for premium service, as i saw in one of their guidance that variation of leave is allowed using premium. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _v16_0.pdf

I know that once an appeal is allowed am back on 3c , so can vary an application, but since they will be appealing i don't know if that will trigger 3d back. hope someone can throw more light.

knidas123
Newly Registered

Post by knidas123 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:12 pm

UKres wrote:
knidas123 wrote:hi
please i need really really help, as i am here from past 10 years i need to apply ilr based on 10 years.i am on tier 1 General visa. im thinking to go same day ,i am currently employed and have company but no transaction, please advise do HO will ask about previous earning and tax to be paid( i didnt paid any ).

2nd i got pnd by police on based of shoplifting( my friend kindness) in 2007 and paid. they i need to decalre that.

please advise i will be very thanks ful
hope you have filed tax returns?
When youare planning to apply ?
Yes my company tax return submitted but nil next due in August 2015, I need to apply in dec 2015

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:35 pm

Omor4real wrote:Pls everyone i need your take on this as is ugent, as i need to make my mind up on what to do.

my flr fp appeal was allowed last week , based on the evidence that have completed 10 years, so after 1 week i called tribunal and they told me home is willing to appeal and they've send them a letter, but still waiting for them though.

I don't think i can let them drag me through that route again, so am looking into going for premium service, as i saw in one of their guidance that variation of leave is allowed using premium. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _v16_0.pdf

I know that once an appeal is allowed am back on 3c , so can vary an application, but since they will be appealing i don't know if that will trigger 3d back. hope someone can throw more light.
If they have sent the letter it means appeal is still pending. I am doubtful about your ftt decision. Share exact wording of ftt decision.

I believe judge didn't remit back the case to UKVI. Otherwise HO will ask u send set lr or remake decision on flr fp.

Moderators please shed some light on this why HO opted to go to UT rather than consider the new grounds (allowed by the judge).

Keep in mind that u can't withdraw your appeal now as this is not your appeal anymore. This is HO who is lodging the appeal.

UK007
Mood:

Post by UK007 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:53 pm

Hey guys, congratulations to all who got their ILR. I have a quick question:

SET (LR) form Question on C4. Is your current Passport/Travel document enclosed? Yes go to C6 / No go to C5
C5. If not enclosed then location of Passport/Travel Document: Lost / Stolen / Expired-returned to national authorities

What to select on C5 if your passport is with the UKVI due to having a pending application with them ?

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:38 pm

Route to ILR wrote:
Omor4real wrote:Pls everyone i need your take on this as is ugent, as i need to make my mind up on what to do.

If they have sent the letter it means appeal is still pending. I am doubtful about your ftt decision. Share exact wording of ftt decision.

I believe judge didn't remit back the case to UKVI. Otherwise HO will ask u send set lr or remake decision on flr fp.

Moderators please shed some light on this why HO opted to go to UT rather than consider the new grounds (allowed by the judge).

Keep in mind that u can't withdraw your appeal now as this is not your appeal anymore. This is HO who is lodging the appeal.
The judge said he is allowing the appeal under immigration rule because have qualify for ILR, and that will make my dependant appeal also successful.

My take is probably HO want reconsideration, thereby i will be paying new fee and my dependant will pay fees+ NHS, but judge just said appeal allowed under immigration rule.

Anyway my understanding of their rule is that once an appeal is allowed, then am on section 3c pending when a lawful decision is made, so i think i will still be on 3c until they can court to rule against the ftt decision. so i will be trying my luck at the premium service.

Darvesh
Member of Standing

Post by Darvesh » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:10 pm

Khan1980 wrote:
Darvesh wrote:Its time for me to share my good news :D

Alhamdulillah, a long wait over and finally got my ILR approved...this forum is very informative and wonderful place to share and learn about many immigrations issue and their remedies.

my time line is as follow

App sent 04-04-2015

Ack got 14-04-2015

Bio recieved and done 18-4-2015

email confirmation NEVER RECEIVED ANY EMAIL

Decision on my application 25-6-2015

Docs return 26-06-2015(return envelop provided)

my case was very simple and straight forward, never had any immigration issue and always got extensions in time..

Now feeling quite relived and good luck to all those who are still waiting......
Congrats Darvesh , Happy to hear for ur approval and hopefully rest of us will get approvals soon.
Regards
Khan
dream40 wrote:Congratulations Darvesh
My wife applied same date as you never immigration issue simple and straightforward case 10 year dependent on me
My daughter 11 year applied also 04 April but she got ILR within a month
Dream 40
Thanks Dream40 & Khan1980, your approvals wont take long...it will be just matter of days , hopefully, however i know wait is sometime killing

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:09 am

Your passport is with home office while your appeal is still pending.How you looking into going for premium service without passport ?
please explain

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:48 am

That dosent matter

Many on forum got visa at peo while passport at HO

Just take copy of liuk, copy of degree and
Passport pages showing entry exit and I possible salary slips and bank ststement

Better book appointment at Sheffield as all docs are banked there

meet2mustafiz wrote:

Your passport is with home office while your appeal is still pending.How you looking into going for premium service without passport ?
please explain

UK007
Mood:

Post by UK007 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:06 pm

smir wrote:That dosent matter

Passport pages showing entry exit and I possible salary slips and bank ststement

What will be answer of these questions then:

SET (LR) form Question on C4. Is your current Passport/Travel document enclosed? Yes go to C6 / No go to C5
C5. If not enclosed then location of Passport/Travel Document: Lost / Stolen / Expired-returned to national authorities

What to select on C5 if your passport is with the UKVI due to having a pending application with them ?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:09 pm

meet2mustafiz wrote:

please explain
Just take copy of liuk, copy of degree

I think red font texts are not correct u need to take original LIUK and UK degree or IELTS.

If u dont have your passport u can still go to PEO. It depends on the caseworker if he/she gets your passport same day (if passports r banked in same peo), or take some days to get your passports and make a decision.

See ZAIDII and GBE posts
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:12 pm

What is your case details ?

Is appeal pending or you withdrew and applying at PEO ?
UK007 wrote:

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:16 pm

UK007 wrote:

HO knows that your passports r with them.
Just to more clarify the things write on the top of EXPIRED-RETURNED TO NATIONAL AUTHORITIES

"Passports are with HO as application pending"

U also need to write a cover letter if u r varying your current application to set lr application.

Pay the full fees of set lr and request them to refund u other application fees.
Last edited by Zee ali on Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

UK007
Mood:

Post by UK007 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:19 pm

smir wrote:What is your case details ?

UK007 wrote: What will be answer of these questions then:

Planning to apply FLR (FP) & then apply for SET(LR) 26 days after I applied for FLR (FP). For my SET(LR), I want to use same day Premium Service.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:24 pm

UK007 wrote:
smir wrote:What is your case details ?

UK007 wrote: What will be answer of these questions then:

Planning to apply FLR (FP) & then apply for SET(LR) 26 days after I applied for FLR (FP). For my SET(LR), I want to use same day Premium Service.
Last edited by Zee ali on Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UK007
Mood:

Post by UK007 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:32 pm

Zee ali wrote: U should be careful while go on peo as this is your 2nd flr fp application i believe and within 28 days of 1st flr fp refusal.
Hi Zee Ali, Thanks for your advice. Just to clarify, I haven't applied anything yet, my current visa expires in October, will apply then. Just gathering knowledge from experts like you. 10 long years waiting, don't wanna mess up anything now...

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:39 pm

UK007 wrote:
Zee ali wrote: U should be careful while go on peo as this is your 2nd flr fp application i believe and within 28 days of 1st flr fp refusal.
Hi Zee Ali, Thanks for your advice. Just to clarify, I haven't applied anything yet, my current visa expires in October, will apply then. Just gathering knowledge from experts like you. 10 long years waiting, don't wanna mess up anything now...
Sorry i mixed up u with someone else.

Than why r u asking about C5? and what is this than Planning to apply FLR (FP) & then apply for SET(LR) 26 days after I applied for FLR (FP). For my SET(LR), I want to use same day Premium Service.

I believe your passports r in your possession if u have valid leave.

r u just checking our poor capabilities? :D :D :D :D :D

UK007
Mood:

Post by UK007 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:45 pm

Zee ali wrote:Sorry i mixed up u with someone else.

Than why r u asking about C5? I believe your passports r in your possession if u have valid leave.

or just checking our poor capabilities:D :D :D :D :D

lol hell no ! I know u guys r PRO !

When my visa expires I will be around 2 months short of 10 Years. If you count 28 days grace period, still 26 days short.
So, to cover those 26 days I will apply for FLR (FP) first. When I apply for FLR(FP) I have to send passports to UKVI.
That's why I wouldn't have my passport with me when I apply for SET(LR) same day service.

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:48 pm

@ meet2mustafiz if you follow this link https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _v16_0.pdf, you will see where they are talking about varying application using premium service, so for you to vary an application, it mean you already have an existing undecided application with HO. Hence you can make a premium application if your passport is with HO.

Thanks Smir, yes the appointment is at Sheffield

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:10 am

What is the page number ?

I was unable to look I tried

Can you please tell me ?
Omor4real wrote:@ meet2mustafiz if you follow this link https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _v16_0.pdf, you will see where they are talking about varying application using premium service, so for you to vary an application, it mean you already have an existing undecided application with HO. Hence you can make a premium application if your passport is with HO.

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:19 pm

smir wrote:What is the page number ?

I was unable to look I tried

Can you please tell me ?
Omor4real wrote:@ meet2mustafiz if you follow this link https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _v16_0.pdf, you will see where they are talking about varying application using premium service, so for you to vary an application, it mean you already have an existing undecided application with HO. Hence you can make a premium application if your passport is with HO.

from page 38 , but the statement about premium is on page 40

zahirrayhan
Newly Registered

Post by zahirrayhan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:55 am

Hi could u plz anyone help me? i was refused tire 1 visa 22nd may. and i did appeal that. in the mean time i am eligible for ILR next 23rd july. now what should i need to do?

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:43 pm

zahirrayhan wrote:Hi could u plz anyone help me? i was refused tire 1 visa 22nd may. and i did appeal that. in the mean time i am eligible for ILR next 23rd july. now what should i need to do?
Do you mean you are eligible for SET(LR)? If so you may have 2 options.

1. Vary appeal grounds to 10 years long residency (Mostly people would take this path to continue enjoying 3C of the immigration laws 1.e. working etc)

2. Withdraw your appeal and within 28 days make a fresh application.I should warn you NOT to make same day application- no longer accepted. According to S.3C(4) of the Immigration Act 1971 that was in force from 31 August 2006 to 19 October 2014 prohibits an application for leave to remain that is made on the same day as, and even if said to be simultaneous with, the applicant’s withdrawal of his appeal. here is the recent case law https://tribunalsdecisions.service.gov. ... 5-ukut-273 with more details. With this pathway you do not have the right to work.

Also make sure you have fully acquired the 10 years before doing anything. you can be sorting out your paper work while you wait to be eligible. Ohh you can go for PEO if your case is not complicated. However, the general rule is that every case is complicated.