ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

navodwickra

Re: Driving licence

Post by navodwickra » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:34 am

dupuytren wrote:Hi all
I've received my British passport.
Do we need to get our UK driving licence update and how does one go about doing this?
I have dropped one of my forenames too when I got my passport and change my signature.
Does it mean I have to send it my Passport to DVLA?! hope not!!
If you change your name then yes you need to inform DVLA and how to do it should be on gov.uk. Your nationality however doesn't matter because your licence doesn't have that. It only has the birth place which you can't change.

MartaNK
Newly Registered

Re: General discussion after BC and Passport application

Post by MartaNK » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:54 am

I recently became a naturalised British. I wonder if there are any "Don'ts". For instance, like "don't be absent from the country for more than a year". Anyone knows what can cause me to loose the citizenship? Thank you.

Bingo_123

Post by Bingo_123 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:15 pm

guys, quick question
do i need to carry any documents for my passport interview?

how much time does it takes and anything else should i be aware of?

thanks

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:59 pm

Bingo_123 wrote:guys, quick question
do i need to carry any documents for my passport interview?

how much time does it takes and anything else should i be aware of?

thanks
No just the letter. It takes about half an hour and just go through the interview questions. There are plenty posted here.

Bingo_123

Post by Bingo_123 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:14 am

thanks a lot Akhurshid

Bingo_123

Post by Bingo_123 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:32 pm

another query

how will you know what day your passport will be delivered after passport interview ?
how many days does it usually take ?>

any way to find out ?

please advise
thanks

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:35 pm

Bingo_123 wrote:another query

how will you know what day your passport will be delivered after passport interview ?
how many days does it usually take ?>

any way to find out ?

please advise
thanks
It can take up to two weeks. You may receive a text telling you that passport is being printed and it usually arrives in couple of days of receiving text.
Else you can call DX and give them your post code and name and they'll tell you if they have anything for you.

Badman87

Post by Badman87 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:28 am

Hi Guys,

I applied for my first passport on the 4th of March using the Check and Send service. I notice some people receive a text acknowledging receipt of their application within 3/4 days but mine has been a week and I haven't received any form of correspondence so I'm somewhat worried. I didn't even get a tracking number from the post office - just a barcode and receipt. Should I be worried? Please advise.

Gunja168
Newly Registered

Post by Gunja168 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:23 am

I am trying to contact Home Office Immigration and Visas on 0300 123 2253 (option 1, 3 , 2) but they never answer it. I am really tired of it now.

jamesjames

Post by jamesjames » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:21 pm

Gunja168 wrote:I am trying to contact Home Office Immigration and Visas on 0300 123 2253 (option 1, 3 , 2) but they never answer it. I am really tired of it now.
Try option 4 when next you ring them.

Mouna
Newly Registered

Post by Mouna » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi
Please as spouse of British citizen
I came to the UK on 9/11/2012 spouse visa for 2 years
I applied for ILR in November 2014 , and received in March 2015
Shall I wait till Marck 2016 or can I apply in November 2015 for BC that means after 3 years ,and what about time when waiting for my application to be processed between November and March to get ILR.
PLEASE THOSE WHO APPLIED FOR BC AS SPOUSE OF BRITISH REPLY ME
THANKS

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:38 pm

Mouna wrote:Hi
Shall I wait till Marck 2016 or can I apply in November 2015 for BC that means after 3 years ,and what about time when waiting for my application to be processed between November and March to get ILR.
THANKS
You don't need to wait 12 months after getting ILR. You can apply for BC as soon you have met 3 years residency requirements.

Mouna
Newly Registered

Post by Mouna » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:30 pm

akhurshid wrote:
THANKS
You don't need to wait 12 months after getting ILR. You can apply for BC as soon you have met 3 years residency requirements.
Oh thanks
And can I work abroad one day after applying for BC while waiting for my application to be considered ?
Thanks

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:27 pm

Mouna wrote:
akhurshid wrote:
THANKS
Oh thanks
And can I work abroad one day after applying for BC while waiting for my application to be considered ?
Thanks
There are no travel/work restrictions while your application is being considered. The only thing you need to keep in mind is that once your application is approved, you need to book ceremony within 2 weeks of receiving approval and attend ceremony within 90 days else you'll have to make new citizenship application.

ketanvora
Newly Registered

Post by ketanvora » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:36 pm

I submitted my Naturalisation application on 31st March 2015 via the NCS route. My passport (Indian Passport) was verified, copy of which was certified and submitted to HO successfully. After I took back my original passport, an urgent travel has come up and my current passport did not have enough blank pages. So I applied to renew my current passport and have now received a new /fresh Indian passport which has enough blank pages to enable my travel. Before applying for a the new passport I checked with the Home Office (on their 0300 contact number) if renewing the passport of which a copy was submitted via NCS immediately after the application, would anyways impact my application? They confirmed that this should not matter and it would be ok to renew the passport. They said that the passport should be current at the time of application at the NCS. I also checked the same with NCS and they also said it should not matter if renew my passport after application.

I wanted to double-check with members in this group, if this is ok or should I proactively let Home Office know in writing that my passport number has now changed.
Would appreciate responses.

khan7861
Newly Registered

Post by khan7861 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:25 pm

Afternoon,

Could some body help me. I am filling the form but I don't understand this question. if any body knows the answer please tell me I really appreciate

6.15 Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application(s) was or were made abroad

ChOudhry1
- thin ice -

Post by ChOudhry1 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:07 pm

THANKS
You should be free from immigration control for a at least one year before you are eligible to apply for citizen ship. So if your ILR biometric card shows a date back from November 2014 you can apply in November but it is from March 2015 you will be eligible from March. Take care
Choudhry

storm55
Newly Registered

Post by storm55 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:02 pm

I have got a question. I phoned my council several times about booking of a private citizenship ceremony. All the time they ask my details and after that they tell me you have to wait for a message. 15 days are gone since the date I have received my invitation letter. The council didn't send me anything so far. Is it ok? By law I have to book my citizenship ceremony within 21 days after receiving a citizenship invitation. I started to worry about it. What should I do if the council would not reply in a week's time?

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:50 pm

storm55 wrote:I have got a question. I phoned my council several times about booking of a private citizenship ceremony. All the time they ask my details and after that they tell me you have to wait for a message. 15 days are gone since the date I have received my invitation letter. The council didn't send me anything so far. Is it ok? By law I have to book my citizenship ceremony within 21 days after receiving a citizenship invitation. I started to worry about it. What should I do if the council would not reply in a week's time?
ur council should ve rcvd ur paper work by now or may b anytime soon. sometimes it takes time for council to rcv ur paperwork and put it on their system. Some councils r rcving deliveries from UKVI only once in 2 weeks. Ask ur council how often they rcv certificates from UKVI. wait for another couple of days then contact UKVI.
Best of Luck

vijaitha007
Newly Registered

Post by vijaitha007 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:42 am

Hi everyone,
I am on the process of applying for naturalisation. Is there anyone in this group who has applied after April 2015?
1. I am not sure if we can submit our IELTS certificate. I had taken academic IELTS after April, but it is not according to the new system. Can I submit that?
2. I am also trying to figure out if there is any joined application still?
If yes, is there any different form for that or anything additional that I should do??
Hope someone can help me to sort this out.
Thanks in advance.

Anjalee221
Newly Registered

Post by Anjalee221 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:59 am

HI, I applied for Naturalisation in 1 June 2015. I have given all biometric data and currently waiting for the approval. I have a personal situation that I have to travel to Australia soon and be there for couple of months. We went on holiday to Australia and my wife had an accident. She is pregnant and with her condition she is living with my in laws as she is in safe hands during her pregnancy. But it is closer to the due dates and I want to travel to Australia. My plan is that I travel to Australia and will return to UK in six months’ time.

• Appreciate if you could advise whether I can request the ceremony to be conducted in UK high commission in Australia if I travel now.
• If I get the Naturalisation certificate from UK high commission in Australia, can I apply for my UK passport from there.

Scenario two.
• If I get my Naturalisation certificate before my travel , can I travel using my original non UK passport to Australia and can I apply for the UK passport from Australia when I land there.

Both me and my wife is currently on ILR. Appreciate if you could clarify ,When my little boy come to the world (in Australia) what will be his immigration status on the following two scenarios.

• If I do not get UK naturalisation by the time he is out
• If I have the Naturalisation but still not have the UK passport with me yet by the time he is out

Please advice.
Thanks

thecookiemonster
Newly Registered

Post by thecookiemonster » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I am new to the site and have a quick question re the BC application. I am currently gearing up to submit my application through the NCS in the UK. I know that i can apply through NCS's and get my original passports , documents etc after they check the validity. Can I go out the country and travel during my application process after applying through the NCS? I could not find any supporting references on the guide etc. Can you pls let me know any references re travelling during BC processing period?

All best,

thecookiemonster

maq1
Newly Registered

Post by maq1 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:33 pm

Hi

I left UK 3 years ago, and did not manage to get back for many family reasons, and now i am settled abroad. I was overpaid from HMRC child tax credit (around 2000 pounds) and i contacted them to return the over payment, they kindly mentioned that once i am back, they will collect the payment either directly or they will deduce my payments for any eligible tax credits.

My question:
i need to renew my British passport now. Do i need to payback the child tax credit overpayment first, or i can apply normally and once i am back sooner or later will pay the payment?
What is the significance of mentioning the NI # in the application?

Thank you

Haadi83

Post by Haadi83 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:56 pm

Guys please guide me

Can the same REFREE sign for my passport application who did for my naturalization application?

Also please tell me what documents are required to submit for passport application ?

Thanks

meeza
Newly Registered

Post by meeza » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi,

Need some input on my situation please.

I have received the certificate today. I have already got a USA trip scheduled; flying out of UK on 12th March for about 10 days.

I dont have enough time for applying for passport, obviously.

I'm planning to travel on my current Pakistani passport with ILR Card. I'll keep my Naturalization Certificate handy just in case required.

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Would appreciate your comments/input.

thanks.