ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Khan1980

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Khan1980 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:29 am

gorangoran wrote:Thank you so much again.
Please i have an urgent situation which came only today.
The situatation .
As you know i am tier 4student dependant .
This visa expires on 30 of october 2015.
My wife will apply to the postdoctorate scheme visa.
my question is.
If i did not apply as dependant for that new visa and she got that new visa will my dependant visa will be cancelled?
Or my dependant tier4 student will still valid till 30 october 2015.
Please give an accurate answer.
I am very worry.
All of my abscence within the limit. Isuppose to apply for ILR after 10 years.
pply for Ilr after 10yea.
Plz wait for reply from Zee Ali or any other senior member as I am unable to reply on it.
Regards
Khan

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:59 am

Khan1980 wrote:
The situatation .
my question is.
If i did not apply as dependant for that new visa and she got that new visa will my dependant visa will be cancelled?
I am very worry.
Plz wait for reply from Zee Ali or any other senior member as I am unable to reply on it.
Regards
Khan
Can you make yourself a bit clearer here. if you are eligible for SET (LR) due to apply in 3 months and your current visa is valid until the 30th Oct, 15, why are you worried about your dependent visa? Again about the postdoc visa you referring to, do you mean the doctorate extension scheme visa (often issued for 12 months)?? As far as I am aware post-docs are never eligible for Tier 4 visa.

Also enlighten us if you have continuous residence as a dependent on the main visa holder for the last 10 years (or nearly)? If so then you as a dependent you can apply in your own right. Why is the main visa holder not applying for settlement? what is the strategy in switching visas like you doing?

As far as SET(LR) is concerned dependents the are not permitted to apply at the same time with main visa holder. Lets wait for Zee Ali and other experts to clarify further or confirm if I am right.

Here, on the forum I think, Zee Ali or somebody mentioned that if you decide to apply at the same time (SET(LR)) the alternative would be to request the HO to hold the dependent application while the main holder visa is been considered. All the best!

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:36 pm

SEL7 wrote:
Khan1980 wrote:
The situatation .
my question is.
I am very worry.
Regards
Khan
Can you make yourself a bit clearer here. if you are eligible for SET (LR) due to apply in 3 months and your current visa is valid until the 30th Oct, 15, why are you worried about your dependent visa? Again about the postdoc visa you referring to, do you mean the doctorate extension scheme visa (often issued for 12 months)?? As far as I am aware post-docs are never eligible for Tier 4 visa.

Also enlighten us if you have continuous residence as a dependent on the main visa holder for the last 10 years (or nearly)? If so then you as a dependent you can apply in your own right. Why is the main visa holder not applying for settlement? what is the strategy in switching visas like you doing?

As far as SET(LR) is concerned dependents the are not permitted to apply at the same time with main visa holder. Lets wait for Zee Ali and other experts to clarify further or confirm if I am right.

Here, on the forum I think, Zee Ali or somebody mentioned that if you decide to apply at the same time (SET(LR)) the alternative would be to request the HO to hold the dependent application while the main holder visa is been considered. All the best!
@SEL7

OP wife is main applicant (Tier 4 ) and he is her dependent. Both visa expiring same time 30 oct 2015.

Now OP wife is going for PHD ( may be in sep 15) and OP who is dependant doesn't want to apply with her because he is qualifying for ILR in October.

Thats what i understand.

Technically u r dependent, if main applicant apply for new visa (even is same category) u should apply with her. Dont take risk. U can vary your application to SET LR once u qualify for ILR LR (If tier 4 dependent application still pending).
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:18 pm

Thanks Zee Ali for the clarification. My question on behalf of gorangoran is why wouldn't he apply independently if he meets the 10 year continuous residence? How big is the risk? what would make his case complicated if he is able to explain the reasons for settlement? I would also like to draw your attention to successful applications on this forum that include Dream 40 daughter and wife. How different are they to that of gorangoran?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:28 pm

SEL7 wrote:Thanks Zee Ali for the clarification. My question on behalf of gorangoran is why wouldn't he apply independently if he meets the 10 year continuous residence? How big is the risk? what would make his case complicated if he is able to explain the reasons for settlement? I would also like to draw your attention to successful applications on this forum that include Dream 40 daughter and wife. How different are they to that of gorangoran?
@Sel7 U r not concentrating or reading properly what i said before.

He can apply on 10 years basis independently. But problem is his wife applying new visa before he is qualifying for ILR still 1 or 2 months short.

Both of them has visa till 30th october. He is fine if they keep the current visa but his wife is apply a new visa may be in september intake. and Gorangoran doesnt want to apply with his wife because he is qualifying for ILR after that. So technically he is without leave when his wife apply new visa without him. Because gorangoran is dependent.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:00 pm

Hi Guys ...

Today I got letter from Case Worker dated (07/07/15) asking for more documents regarding my EEA spouse evidence of treaty rights and proof of address for cohabitation for the period I am claiming to count as legal and continuous. ( 5 Years Student + PSW + EEA Residence Card)

I have almost all the documents and actually was waiting for the request by case worker for further documents.
He has requested Original documents which is not an issue except passport as my wife just went for holidays for 3 weeks abroad with my child.

Whats the best way for my EEA spouse to send me the passport , DHL , directly post the passport to Case Worker or take a flight to UK.
And also I dont have utilities bills for all of our addresses as most of it was inclusive in the Rent , I have joint tenancy agreement , Some joint council taxes , Individual Bank statements , Mobile bills and few other documents , such as college letters for my EEA partner.
She is employed part time since Dec 2013 ( Payslips , Employer Letter , Bank Statements with Wages coming in) + Self Assessment for the period she was self Employed (Address is for my mother in law as she was registered with HMRC there longtime ago) , Accountant Letter + Invoices.
Can it be a problem that HMRC address was different than our current address on Self Assessments??
I would appreciate any guidance or experience by members.

Regards
Khan

Ditima98

Post by Ditima98 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:33 am

Seniors and Gurus.......could you please kindly make some further comments on this topic-this FLR (FP) and FLR (O) Appeal right refusal is affecting so many of us with short-falls to 10 years,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FLR (FP) been refused with no Appeal right & leave UK now

by d3thmark » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:49 am
Hello Everyone,

Today my when i woke up, my life went upside down, my application for the FLR (FP) has been refused with no Appeal right and i must now leave the UK.

I am just here to look for sincere advice as i dnt know what to do now.

I entered in UK on 10th Sep 2005 on a student visa and since than I was studying as a student and working part time,
My student visa expired on 28th March 2015.

I was looking to apply ILR 10 year so i was short of 5 months so thats why i applied FLR (FP) on 25th March 2015.
I got my biometrics done and all and manage to spend 3.5 months and i am just short of 1.5 months to apply for ILR 10 years on 12 Aug 2015.

I got the refusal today with no appeal right.

I just need to know is there any way I can spend 1.5 months more in the UK? or if apply for the Administrative Review would i be able to spend 1.5 months time in UK and then i can apply ILR, would it effect my ILR 10 year Application?

* You must leave UK now means ? in how much time i have to leave the UK? it says in the letter i wont be removed for the first 5 working days after receiving the letter.

Please all the GURUS i need your guidance, i am just 1.5 months away from ILR, please help your brother out.

Thanks,
Hassan
d3thmark

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: FLR (FP) been refused with no Appeal right & leave UK no
by d3thmark » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:35 pm
hey guys need ur advice plz

I re applied FLR FP to buy 50days time in order to be eligible for ILR,

I applied on 24th JUNE and today is 9th JULY and i have not received any acknowledgement letter yet from home office?
should i be worried about?
d3thmark
-------------------------------------------------------------------
[/color]

Re: FLR (FP) been refused with no Appeal right & leave UK no
by Ditima98 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:38 am
Bro, the best you can do at the moment is wait and hope for the best. Personally, looking at the short spell of time remaining before you clock 10 years, I believe you will pull through this one and get your ILR. The delay should actually play to your advantage as you are looking at buying time to the point when you will be eligible for ILR application. If I may ask, were any kids over 7 years involved in your FLR (FP) application ?

To be honest your issue has set shivers to many of us relaying on FLR (FP) to get to ten years. For instance, in my case,we applied as a family under FLR (FP) and FLR (O) with 10 months gap (applied; 30th March 2015) to 10 years, depending on my daughter's 7 years child concession. According to my Solicitor, our 7 years daughter applied using FLR (FP) and us parents applied on FLP (O), each one of us independently and requested that determination on our application be decided after a verdict has been arrived at on our daughter's application. I have no clue if we were doing the right thing but the solicitor was very positive that we will get away with appeal. I am yet to get HO verdict on FLP (FP) application but still have almost 6 months to conquer, and all my hope hinges on being given an appeal should a refusal verdict come through. So to hear that HO have now started tightening screws on FLR (FP) and FLR (O), by not according appeals to applicants is a very big worry to many of us in a similar situation, especially to many in my shoes with months to navigate to 10 years long residence. Zee Ali and Vinny, could you throw your thoughts over my case please....any hope of survival with the latest new development on Human right Appeal rights?

I wish the OP all the best and please ,keep us updated................
ditima
ditima

Jedi111
Newly Registered

Post by Jedi111 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:45 am

Hi all,
I am applying set lr application in couple of weeks time.I have realized that one of the entry stamp in to my home country on my passport is not very clear.it was only a 4-5 weeks trip.return stamps at exit from home country and entry at Heathrow stamp is clear.also time spent outside UK is perfectly fine.plz advise that do I have to worry here.do they have some sort of record to check it.also upon contacting Immigration officials in home country regarding this they told that they have international record which can be verified by another country.plz advise. I don't have any documents to prove that becoz it was 2006
thanks in advance

gorangoran

Post by gorangoran » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:39 pm

thank you all for that caring about my case.
That is right, the difference will be about a month if my wife got her new visa.
Therefore, I do not know if my dependent visa will still valid or the home office will cancel it.
All my paper work are fine and met all the requirements only this issue which came recently.
Please, tell me what can I do.
Thanks

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:06 pm

gorangoran wrote:thank you all for that caring about my case.
That is right, the difference will be about a month if my wife got her new visa.
Therefore, I do not know if my dependent visa will still valid or the home office will cancel it.
All my paper work are fine and met all the requirements only this issue which came recently.
Please, tell me what can I do.
Thanks
Technically u r dependent, if main applicant apply for new visa (even in same category) u should apply with her. Dont take risk. U can vary your application to SET LR once u qualify for ILR LR (If tier 4 dependent application still pending).

tabarik77
Newly Registered

Post by tabarik77 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:04 am

Khan1980 wrote:Hi Guys ...

Today I got letter from Case Worker dated (07/07/15) asking for more documents regarding my EEA spouse evidence of treaty rights and proof of address for cohabitation for the period I am claiming to count as legal and continuous. ( 5 Years Student + PSW + EEA Residence Card)

I have almost all the documents and actually was waiting for the request by case worker for further documents.
He has requested Original documents which is not an issue except passport as my wife just went for holidays for 3 weeks abroad with my child.

Whats the best way for my EEA spouse to send me the passport , DHL , directly post the passport to Case Worker or take a flight to UK.
And also I dont have utilities bills for all of our addresses as most of it was inclusive in the Rent , I have joint tenancy agreement , Some joint council taxes , Individual Bank statements , Mobile bills and few other documents , such as college letters for my EEA partner.
She is employed part time since Dec 2013 ( Payslips , Employer Letter , Bank Statements with Wages coming in) + Self Assessment for the period she was self Employed (Address is for my mother in law as she was registered with HMRC there longtime ago) , Accountant Letter + Invoices.
Can it be a problem that HMRC address was different than our current address on Self Assessments??

Regards
Khan
they did same to me i have sent documets which i had ecercisig treaty rights for last 4 years and bank statmets and few other things in ur case u have more the enough evidence so dont need to worrry about passport its better if ur wife can come here as sending passports via couries is not legal or u can submit her eu id card. in my case i sent documets but i cant provide passport as my divorce is taking place soon my solicitor sent letter to home office about termination of my marriage as i married 4 years ago now we are proccesing for divorce.
u dont neeed to worrry truely as u have more the enough documets. just relex and wait.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:54 am

tabarik77 wrote:

Regards
Khan
they did same to me i have sent documets which i had ecercisig treaty rights for last 4 years and bank statmets and few other things in ur case u have more the enough evidence so dont need to worrry about passport its better if ur wife can come here as sending passports via couries is not legal or u can submit her eu id card. in my case i sent documets but i cant provide passport as my divorce is taking place soon my solicitor sent letter to home office about termination of my marriage as i married 4 years ago now we are proccesing for divorce.
u dont neeed to worrry truely as u have more the enough documets. just relex and wait.
Yes I asked my wife to come back and booked the ticket already and I will send them next week some time , yeah I do have almost everything ready and hoping for the best. And plz U don't worry as well I am sure u will get ur approval soon now , I have sent u private message if u check and contact me there if u can. And which address U used to send the documents.
Regards
Khan

immee
Mood:

Post by immee » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:55 pm

FLR (M) Query: Can Someone help please ??

Section 7B - Maintenance
You only need to complete this section if:
(i) You qualify for an exemption from meeting the income threshold element of the financial requirement.
(ii) You were granted leave to enter or remain as a partner under Chapter 8 of the Immigration Rules following an application submitted before 9 July 2012.
You must provide evidence that your partner is able to adequately maintain you and any dependants in the United Kingdom without recourse to public funds.
All applicants must provide specified evidence set out in Appendix FM-SE of the Immigration Rules unless they have had leave under Part 8 of the Immigration Rules before 9 July 2012 (excluding those applicants whose last leave was as the partner of a Relevant PBS migrant). For further details see FLR(M) guidance note.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Wife received approval as a Tier 2 General Dependent on 2nd July 2012, She travelled to UK on 29 July 2012. I am not sure if we have or do not have to fill in Section 7B ? - as she was a points based system visa dependent.. Any help would be really appreciated.

nonny123
Newly Registered

Post by nonny123 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:59 pm

Hi all

Desperate need help and advise. I was first granted my visa on the 27.06.2005 but entered the UK on the 27.07.2005 with a 2 year holiday maker+6yrs as a student and 2 Tier 1.

My question is I have never been out of the country or stayed illegal I recently applied for FLP in January for private life under the human rights so I can complete my 10 year just today I have received a refusal with right to appeal after I have left the UK. My 10 year is complete in the next 2 wks what is the right thing to do I need urgent help.

Thank you

Waqasansaar
Newly Registered

Post by Waqasansaar » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:24 pm

Regards
Khan

salam dear brother Khan
i just want to have quick question to you. As you know my case is exactly as yours 3 years student 2 years PSW 5 years EEA family member. i applied on 5th march so roughly one month before you. HO never asked me for anything yet. as i am still waiting. i know law changed in april and HO require documents if part of 10 years completed as EEA family member. so what can be the possibility ? i have fine from court 3 years back. Is that the reason for delaying or it can be anything else. Apparently you guys have received letter for wife treaty right but i applied one month before you but no letter nothing

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:19 pm

Waqasansaar wrote:

Regards
Khan

salam dear brother Khan
i just want to have quick question to you. As you know my case is exactly as yours 3 years student 2 years PSW 5 years EEA family member. i applied on 5th march so roughly one month before you. HO never asked me for anything yet. as i am still waiting. i know law changed in april and HO require documents if part of 10 years completed as EEA family member. so what can be the possibility ? i have fine from court 3 years back. Is that the reason for delaying or it can be anything else. Apparently you guys have received letter for wife treaty right but i applied one month before you but no letter nothing
Dear Waqasansaar...
Its totally depend on what you have submitted , and the law didnt change in April , Its always been the case that they need your partner treaty rights evidence to cover and count the period and also depend on case worker , what documents you have submitted with with application? And I hope everything goes smooth and well for u and all of us.
And what was the fine for? If it was fixed penalty then u should be fine , I had 3 points and fine (mobile using while driving). I dont think thats any issue.
Regards
Khan

Waqasansaar
Newly Registered

Post by Waqasansaar » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:35 pm

Khan1980 wrote:
Waqasansaar wrote:

Regards
Khan

salam dear brother Khan
Dear Waqasansaar...
Its totally depend on what you have submitted , and the law didnt change in April , Its always been the case that they need your partner treaty rights evidence to cover and count the period and also depend on case worker , what documents you have submitted with with application? And I hope everything goes smooth and well for u and all of us.
And what was the fine for? If it was fixed penalty then u should be fine , I had 3 points and fine (mobile using while driving). I dont think thats any issue.
Regards
Khan
Dear Khan
I didn't submit any document of my wife because it was never asked for in old form of set lr but in new form they ask for the evidence of wife treaty rights. This what actually i meant. in old form of set lr HO wanted only applicant documents but now application form has been changed and its clearly mention to submit treaty rights documents as well. I have all the documents ready and with me. Thats why i was curious that i have never been asked for wife treaty rights documents so may be it was because it was not mention in application form. thats why. secondly i had fine from court of parking at wrong place but i was taken to court to fine me.fine was paid and that was 3 years ago. i read HO website that non custodial offence has to be spend 2 years before apply ILR and 3 years for British Nationality.
thanks

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:19 pm

Waqasansaar wrote:
Khan1980 wrote:

salam dear brother Khan
Dear Waqasansaar...
Regards
Khan[/quote]

Dear Khan
I didn't submit any document of my wife because it was never asked for in old form of set lr but in new form they ask for the evidence of wife treaty rights. This what actually i meant. in old form of set lr HO wanted only applicant documents but now application form has been changed and its clearly mention to submit treaty rights documents as well. I have all the documents ready and with me. Thats why i was curious that i have never been asked for wife treaty rights documents so may be it was because it was not mention in application form. thats why. secondly i had fine from court of parking at wrong place but i was taken to court to fine me.fine was paid and that was 3 years ago. i read HO website that non custodial offence has to be spend 2 years before apply ILR and 3 years for British Nationality.
thanks[/quote]
Salam Waqasansaar..
U are absolutely right regarding fine , if its spent for more than 2 years there is no issue , nothing to worry about that.
If u have all the documents ready then i would suggest u to send them before they ask u as I believe they will ask u for that surely.
U dont have to worry , as i said it depend on case worker , one guy received one week before me and possible u will be asked soon for these documents. And I am pretty sure after sending these documents if they are correct then its the matter of two weeks to get the approval. check ur PM(private message)
Regards
Khan

tabarik77
Newly Registered

Post by tabarik77 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:47 pm

Khan1980 wrote:
tabarik77 wrote:

Regards
Khan
Yes I asked my wife to come back and booked the ticket already and I will send them next week some time , yeah I do have almost everything ready and hoping for the best. And plz U don't worry as well I am sure u will get ur approval soon now , I have sent u private message if u check and contact me there if u can. And which address U used to send the documents.
Regards
Khan[/quote

hi khan saab i didnt get ur messege as m new here its not allowing that feature of pivate messges , any way u can just mail me here Email

Moderator Edit
Last edited by CR001 on Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removal of personal contact information

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:03 pm

tabarik77 wrote:
Khan1980 wrote:
hi khan saab i didnt get ur messege as m new here its not allowing that feature of pivate messges , any way u can just mail me here Email
Moderator Edit
Hi
I emailed u , check ur email.
Regards
Khan

d3thmark

Post by d3thmark » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:39 am

nonny123 wrote:Hi all

Desperate need help and advise. I was first granted my visa on the 27.06.2005 but entered the UK on the 27.07.2005 with a 2 year holiday maker+6yrs as a student and 2 Tier 1.

My question is I have never been out of the country or stayed illegal I recently applied for FLP in January for private life under the human rights so I can complete my 10 year just today I have received a refusal with right to appeal after I have left the UK. My 10 year is complete in the next 2 wks what is the right thing to do I need urgent help.

Thank you

I am in the same boat as you, just follow this thread which i posted and it will answer all of ur questions, and i guess u can apply ur ILR now as u r eligible to apply 28 days before..
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 88452.html

Thanks

SJ307

Post by SJ307 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:17 pm

Dear all,

I'm going for SET(LR) PEO appointment on 14th August. As my case is straight forward (no rejections, all extensions done on time, no of days out of country within the limit, etc), I expect to get my ILR decision on the same day. I will have to apply for my wife's FLR(M) within the next two weeks before her Tier-2 dependant visa expires. She will also go with PEO rather than postal application. The question I have is, does she need my BRP card (ILR) or is the ILR letter from HO would be sufficient for her FLR(M). If she needs my BRP card, how long it takes generally for HO to send this after PEO decision?

Thanks.
SJ

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:50 pm

Nonny123

As soon as you finish 10 years

Submit ILR

I suggest do peo at Shefield

The date you got refused from that day still you have 28 days grace period

d3thmark wrote:
nonny123 wrote:Hi all

Thank you

I am in the same boat as you, just follow this thread which i posted and it will answer all of ur questions, and i guess u can apply ur ILR now as u r eligible to apply 28 days before..
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 88452.html

Thanks

bembo200
Newly Registered

Post by bembo200 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:19 pm

This forum is the best I have learn alota from it thou been on ghost mode..
I sent my application on 04/04/15
Biometric done 19/04/15
Received letter it's been approved on Saturday 11/07/15
Waiting for the card now.

I'm free at last. Wishing everyone waiting the best of luck..Your next..

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:33 am

While I am on appeal process I will complete 10 years in next month.as we know Home office going to implement new changes from next months .I was studying in a college, I have 20 hours allowance working right while I made in-time visa application and my 3c/3d still continue.so,what will be my working allowance from next month ? new changes will affect me ?