ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smir
Member of Standing
India

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by smir » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:00 pm

Chill out man...

its ok .. 2-3 months you will be sorted out .. enjoy

:mrgreen:
tuhin wrote:
smir wrote:@ Tunin

can you please share

did you attend hearing ? and what was experience ? what judge said ?

when did you applied SET LR ? you applied before hearing or after hearing ? or you withdrew appeal ?

before few months too i asked you the same questions but you disappeared..

help and share with other so that other too get helped :D
Hi
I was 10 yrs on 29/01/2015, sent my Set LR form with all docs on 30/01. My ftt hearing was on 5/2/2015 based on my psw issues but my solicitor changed my grounds based long residency. The judge listened everything and checked all docs and the HO lady verified the docs as well & didn't opposed. Biometrics done in end of Feb, received my judge's decision on 5/6, received refund last week.

The court said the std time to receive the visa within 12 wks. But sometimes HO doesn't care, the run in their ways. My ques if I don't receive the visa within 12 wks shall I approach to my MP?? :?

Thanks.

Regards
T

tuhin wrote:Hello everyone
I sent my ILR application in the end of January on the basis of 10 yrs. I was on 3d, In the 1st wk of February in my appeal hearing my lawyer changed the ground to consider my ILR as I am in the UK for 10 yrs and my everything was fine in my last 10 yrs to the judge. The judge allowed my appeal last month after 5 months, and ordered HO to give me ILR. Within 14 days time HO didn't appeal against the decision also refunded my court fees.

1.5 month gone I received my court decision but still waiting for the HO approval...can I approach to my MP right now?? or is this too early?? what do you think?? somebody says HO take longer time if some one push them through MP. I am totally confused :oops: . Please share ur opinions. Thanks.

Regards
T

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:19 pm

rajj121 wrote:
wings.007 wrote:
Obie wrote:wings.007, I have had to delete some of your posts that was complained about.

Your behaviour was simply unacceptable, and I was very close to banning you.

You are on the last warning, any further offensive post, and I will ensure you are banned.

I hope I have made myself clear.
My Friend Look At the post who offended who, I asked a simple question on the forum and was offended by reply which Zeeali shared, you should have deleted his posts as well,

As his behaviour was equally unacceptable and offensive, he should be warned as well!!!
People like zee ali are good asset of this forum who are always nice polite and very helpful, always there to help every one BUT some people are really mean who never even thank to this precious forum from there they get alot but never mind they are like this only to get and forget...Mean people... again salute to moderators and zee ali....
@rajj121 Thanks for your supportive and encouraging comments. I think key success of this board is because of the members who not only shared their own experiences but always ready to help others without any benefit.

@Obie Thanks to take immediate action.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:38 pm

Just an update, I received a refund for my wife and I FLR FP today and to my surprise HO also sent my daughter BPR, stating is from the appeal won even after they told me at premium service that abandoning the FLR FP in order for them to treat my ILR and Mrs FLR M will end end my daughter 3c and i should legalise her after i receive my document.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:17 pm

Omor4real wrote:Just an update, I received a refund for my wife and I FLR FP today and to my surprise HO also sent my daughter BPR, stating is from the appeal won even after they told me at premium service that abandoning the FLR FP in order for them to treat my ILR and Mrs FLR M will end end my daughter 3c and i should legalise her after i receive my document.
Great Omor4real.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:21 pm

mashallah mubrook'

may be she is born here thats why brother....
Omor4real wrote:Just an update, I received a refund for my wife and I FLR FP today and to my surprise HO also sent my daughter BPR, stating is from the appeal won even after they told me at premium service that abandoning the FLR FP in order for them to treat my ILR and Mrs FLR M will end end my daughter 3c and i should legalise her after i receive my document.

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:09 am

Obie wrote:
Zee ali wrote:
wings.007 wrote:Hello Every One,

Plz Help my ILR was approved at Croydon on 10th July but I haven't received my BRP yet,

Today was 8th Working day :( :( :(

I am very abset, Please let me know if it i usual.
U should be when u need help u come here and get the advise and than disappear but dont share your own experience. No words to describe people who only think of themselves.

But i am and most of the people on this board r not like that so in your approval letter they should mention that if u dont receive BRP within 10 working days of this letter than email them on BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk providing your full name, date of birth, nationality, case reference number and a contact telephone number.

Hope this helps.
A person is entitled to choose not to inform the forum of their timelines or success. That is perfectly their right.

They cannot be judged for that.

In similar note, a person is not obliged to assist or give advice.

If this thread continues to be an headaches and administrative burden, a decision will be made to lock it.

Please guys we need to stick to topic and no judgemental comments, liable to cause offence.
Dear Moderators,
Zee Ali is a very very polite,helpful and knowledgeable person who is playing a vital role in this forum.we are getting benefited for his involvement in our topics.Though he already got ILR still he working for this forum,he is very important for this forum.

@zee ali
pls don't get upset,don't forget us.keep your good work,we need your help.

many thanks

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:37 am

meet2mustafiz wrote: Dear Moderators,
Zee Ali is a very very polite,helpful and knowledgeable person who is playing a vital role in this forum.we are getting benefited for his involvement in our topics.Though he already got ILR still he working for this forum,he is very important for this forum.

@zee ali
pls don't get upset,don't forget us.keep your good work,we need your help.

many thanks
@meet2mustafiz thanks for your encouraging compliments.

I am not upset at all mate. i am here and will help u guys best i can.

goodmann

10 years Dependant applications

Post by goodmann » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:08 am

Hello experienced members,
After my ILR application in about 7 wks time I will be applying for my dependants- my wife and 3 children (2 of them UK born). I have noticed posts on here mentioning financial & English language etc requirements for dependants and I believe I may need to prepare in advance to meet them.
Kindly help me with relevant current information on their application requirements; whether here or on UKBA website, kindly point/link me to trends/pages on the subject.
Thank you
We Live by God's Grace

Hamzaakbar
Newly Registered

Post by Hamzaakbar » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:08 pm

Alhamdulillah by the grace of almighty ALLAH I received my approval letter & all documents(ILR 10 years).
This forum is really helpful.
Special thanks to SMIR & ZeeAli.
My history is on page 1098,1099 if anyone wants to see.
Looking forward for wife & kids.
Already applied FLRm for wife yesterday.
Hopefully next week I will apply for kids MN1.
Man many thanks again.

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:26 pm

MASHALLAH

Mubrook

Share about 189 days here so that other people too may get hope .. as many have here dont take chance of applying ILR as they overstayed back home more then 6 months

Hamzaakbar wrote:Alhamdulillah by the grace of almighty ALLAH I received my approval letter & all documents(ILR 10 years).
Man many thanks again.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:32 pm

Hamzaakbar wrote:Alhamdulillah by the grace of almighty ALLAH I received my approval letter & all documents(ILR 10 years).
Man many thanks again.
Congrts hAMZA

r U on google sheet?

If u need any help with MN1. U know where i am.

UKres

Post by UKres » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:52 pm

Hi Zee Ali / others

Need your expertise, i applied HSMP visa in 2008 and got refused and on that time you can ask for another review and i asked for the 2nd review and again it got refused, when i applied HSMP visa , i had valid student visa.

I was looking at the refusal letter they didn't mentioned that you will be illigal / or you have to leave county' with in 28 days.

My question is that fine or it will be a problem ?
I am going for visa next month and just want to make sure it will not create any problem.

Thanks in advance,

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:57 pm

at that time it was first application for approval letter

dont worry and dont even write that ref on set lr application as that was totally diff story and that dept is now closed

nothing to do with your set lr long residence as here they just look that you are in this country continiously for 10 years
UKres wrote:Hi Zee Ali / others

Need your expertise, i applied HSMP visa in 2008 and got refused and on that time you can ask for another review and i asked for the 2nd review and again it got refused, when i applied HSMP visa , i had valid student visa.

I was looking at the refusal letter they didn't mentioned that you will be illigal / or you have to leave county' with in 28 days.

I am going for visa next month and just want to make sure it will not create any problem.

Thanks in advance,

UKres

Post by UKres » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:01 pm

Thanks smir , much appreciated for your quick response.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:36 pm

Thanks in advance,
R u applying ILR on 10 years basis?

Give us more information about the refusal and review dates and when u applied again and got the visa . how long was the gap?

As review/ reconsideration requests do not make your stay continuing. But appeal process (section 3c) does.

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:44 pm

@ Zee Ali

he is talking about HSMP approval where one use to apply first for approval not Visa and he was refused..

nothing to do with Visa or appeals..
Zee ali wrote:

Thanks in advance,

Give us more information about the refusal and review dates and when u applied again and got the visa . how long was the gap?

As review/ reconsideration requests do not make your stay continuing. But appeal process (section 3c) does.

Hamzaakbar
Newly Registered

Post by Hamzaakbar » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:21 pm

Thanks a lot brothers
@ Smir, they not asked me any question about 189 day(in pak) because I explain in covering letter and gave them all documents from hospital(pak). I will say if someone spend more than 6 months don't loose hoops.
@ ZeeAli. Thanks bro yes sure I need guidence in future form you

UKres

Post by UKres » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:45 pm

Hi samir/zee ali,

Yea i am applying on 10 years basis,
Smir is right it was only for approval. I applied in july2008 and got refusal and applied for review and got refusal for August2008 While applied/refusal i had valid student visa till jan2009 next year.

There was no gap and i have not mare any appeal.
Zee ali wrote:

Thanks in advance,

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:30 pm

UKres wrote:Hi samir/zee ali,

Yea i am applying on 10 years basis,
Smir is right it was only for approval. I applied in july2008 and got refusal and applied for review and got refusal for August2008 While applied/refusal i had valid student visa till jan2009 next year.

There was no gap and i have not mare any appeal.
Zee ali wrote:

Thanks in advance,

Than u will be ok. i missed that u have valid student visa during that time. Request SAR for more satisfaction

UKres

Post by UKres » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:59 pm

@zee ali ,

I have alrready applied for SAR in feb 2015 but I haven't received it yet , i have sent 5-6 reminders but no reply.

I have lost the hope to grt sAr before my visa.

Waqasansaar
Newly Registered

Post by Waqasansaar » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:36 pm

Hello Members
Finally Its my time to share a great news of my approval today. AlhamdulilAllah by the grace of GOD long wait has been over.
I would like to thank all members and moderators here. It is really great forum and great help here. And I wish the good luck to those who are waiting for their approvals.
My time line is as follows...

Student + PSW + EEA family member
Application Sent - 05/03/15
Application Received - 06/03/15
Bio Metric - 25/03/15
Letter Received for requesting treaty rights and cohabitation proof for EEA partner - 10/07/15 (dated 08/07/15)
Documents Sent on - 16/07/15
Documents Received - 20/07/15
Approval Date - 23/07/15
Documents Received Back - 24/07/15 with approval letter and now waiting for BRP card.
I am really happy and thanks to allmighty Allah and to all my friends here.

Regards
waqas

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:46 pm

Waqasansaar wrote:Hello Members
Finally Its my time to share a great news of my approval today. AlhamdulilAllah by the grace of GOD long wait has been over.
I would like to thank all members and moderators here. It is really great forum and great help here. And I wish the good luck to those who are waiting for their approvals.

Bio Metric - 25/03/15
Letter Received for requesting treaty rights and cohabitation proof for EEA partner - 10/07/15 (dated 08/07/15)
Approval Date - 23/07/15
Documents Received Back - 24/07/15 with approval letter and now waiting for BRP card.

Regards
waqas
Congrats Bro , great news , copy and paste? lol

Waqasansaar
Newly Registered

Post by Waqasansaar » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:48 pm

Khan1980 wrote:

Bio Metric - 25/03/15
Approval Date - 23/07/15

Regards
waqas
Congrats Bro , great news , copy and paste? lol
YES IT IS COPY AND PASTE.......... LOOL

sa7e
Newly Registered

Post by sa7e » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:14 pm

Bio Metric - 25/03/15
Approval Date - 23/07/15

Regards
waqas
Hello Waqas, congratulations on approval. Kindly share with us what type of cohabitation proof of EEA partner you have submitted. Also what type of documents your submitted. Also was your partner employed or self-employed. I'm have a similar situation and applying next month. nervous to death ....

Mali1212
Newly Registered

Re: 10 year set lr PEO

Post by Mali1212 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:05 pm

GBforum wrote:
Mali1212 wrote:Please someone help with the situation
as tried to find info on home office page but nothing is helpful there...
I am applying under set lr and planning to book appointment at P E O however would need some advice from experts..
Date of entry uk. 02. 10. 2005. Student
student extension in may 2008
p s w extension April 2010
back to student extension in June 2012 which was valid until September 2013
I got married in the uk with my wife in January 2013, and she was on tier 1 general visa until September 2013.
I travelled to back home in order to obtain the dependant visa which was granted in may 2013 whilst I had student visa valid and I came back to UK in the may and was away from UK almost 60 days.
I applied as tier 1 general dependant in September 2013 with my wife but home office refused her extension under some very minor issue which was granted by the court and we both received our passports in august 2014 with 3 years visa expiring in 2017.
my wife completed her 10 years so she applied for set lr in October 2014 which granted Feb 2015, hence I did not applied for the visa with her as I might had to travel to my country and so on. I visited few solicitors and they assured me it should not lead any negative impression when I apply my set lr in September 2015.
I have no criminal or civil, and all the extensions were applied in time , but I m so confused with mixed answer that I have to switch my visa first to F l R M and then I can apply for set lr
Please help me with your best of expertise and experience
regards
ali
Dear mali1212
As far i understand ILR 10 years long residence route you can apply 28 days or less whereas you have visa up to 2017. Your visa was continuous and you can get in PEO and hope without any major personal issue which you have not disclosed here you will get it. In my opinion you can apply straight for ILR 10 years route as long as you meet the requirement. FLRM could be your second options and you also need to fulfil financial requirements.
Do a little bit more search on 10 years long residence, read the guidance and get help from the senior members will solve the issue.[/quote]

Thanks for your help and support...
My first entry to UK was 2nd October 2005 and made few trips to pakistan and Europe but all of those are under 60 days or so. I was never refused any visa before September 2013 which was dependent extension. They refused my application as I was not the main applicant and my application was refused cause my wife application was refused due to online printouts of the payslips and case worker was not satisfied and therefore we had to follow court, but even we were surprised that y r we refused at the first stage, I don't know of any other possible thing which I have not mentioned here in my above enquiry,
my major confusion is the I can entitle ilr soon after 5 September 2015 but as I m on tier 1 general partner visa at the moment whereas my wife is settle here already and I have not switched the visa yet, and do not want to switch. And also visited some solicitor and they charge crazy money I have prepared my case myself with the following docs

All original passports and visa are present
letter from bank the I m their customer since October 2005 till today
nhs card from 2005 and few years randomly selected proof of living in the uk such as marriage certificate, utility bills, letter from driving agencies and letter from UK ba on the previous extensions,
life in the uk certificate
my masters degree as proof of English requirement
three month bank statement

I m not sure which docs I may use but home office guidance suggest that they do not require any docs if passports are not lost.

Do u think I should take a solicitor with me in the public enquiry office or I shall be fine myself with my wife?

Regards

Ali