ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CCJ and convictions - Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

geriatrix

Re: CCJ and convictions - Citizenship

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:10 pm

:)
Smam, please stop!

Alienatrix1,
Indeed there is only one form to apply for naturalisation on the basis of residence - Form AN.

See also Annex D: the good character requirement.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Alienatrix1
Newly Registered

Post by Alienatrix1 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:26 pm

Thanks for all the advice guys..

At the end of the day, ony one way to find out..

Worse that can happen is that they say no.

Alienatrix1
Newly Registered

Post by Alienatrix1 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:03 pm

Mind you, it would have been interesting to hear from someone with a similar background as mines and find out if they were successfull or not.

Anyone??

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:14 pm

Hi ,

All I can advice you is just stay honest in your application.

I think you just getting worried for the sake nothing to the best of my understanding.

I am pretty sure that and I'll reiterate my self here that they can't refuse your BC application as you'll be applying on the basis of the spouse of a British citizen.

You can consult any lawyer you'll get the same answer what I am giving you now.

" A British Citizenship is a Right for those people who are the spouse or family member of British Citizens."

Keep us updated on the forum.

good luck with your BC.

Alienatrix1
Newly Registered

Post by Alienatrix1 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:14 pm

To what extent is this true?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:18 pm

Smam wrote: " A British Citizenship is a Right for those people who are the spouse or family member of British Citizens."
Maybe that's true on Planet Bollocks.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Alienatrix1
Newly Registered

Post by Alienatrix1 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:37 pm

I'm confused...am i under the right impression that applying for BC as a Spouse of a British Citizen is easier and slightly more straighforward that applying for BC in any other way.

Obviously unspent Criminal Records are always gonna by a stumbling block.

In my case though all of my Convictions are well spent anyway. Especially my slight more serious one ( Attempted Fraud ) which is now over 5 years old.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:46 pm

Okay guys,
Enough!! Anyone misguiding the OP (even for fun) will see himself banned.

OP,
There is only one rule (for every application for British citizenship) that matters - if you meet the requirements, you may be granted the privilege of becoming a British citizen.

Being married to A British citizen offers two advantages:
3 year residency, rather than 5.
No need to wait for 12 months since ILR/PR.
Period!

There is no easy way or difficult way - just one way, and that is fulfulling the requirements.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Alienatrix1
Newly Registered

Post by Alienatrix1 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:59 pm

Well this has become ridiculous.

I managed to get some great advice so far from some very helpful people here.

But for the rest...i suppose the spitefulness comes from the fact that they may have tried for BC's themselves and have failed quite badly...but to mislead someone else because of some satisfaction out of it...quite shocking to say the least.

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:35 am

Hi

Well I do really apologies if you find my advice misleading. I just shared with you what I've come across in my personal experience.

My words are not the last words I think I've also advised you clearly that do consult a lawyer for your case that's all.

Every single person in UK who gets bc is not necessarily the member of this forum.

According to the new good character requirements there's no bc for an overstayer but he just got the bc even he was a overstayer so I would like to ask how that's possible???

Good luck with your bc

Alienatrix1
Newly Registered

Post by Alienatrix1 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:17 pm

Just to clarify something..

Regarding one of my FPN's...

I passed my Driving Test in 2009.

In August 2010 i was awarded a CU80 with 3 Points & £100.

In September 2010 i got caught speeding and was given an SP30 which 2 months later ( November 2010 ) led to my Driving Licence being revoked, which meant i had to re-sit my Driving Test.

Now the confusing part is this...my DVLA History shows the SP30 that i was stopped for in September 2010.

By CRB Check only shows about November 2010 Decision for my Licence being revoked ( i think ).

So my Question is this...

When i'm declaring this, what's the best way to do it.

Do all FPN's go into the Criminal Convictions Sections or Civil Judgement and Penalties?

And which way is the best way to put all this down?

Alienatrix1
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent Help & Advice Required!!

Post by Alienatrix1 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:36 pm

Ali1975 wrote:You are a repeat offender and it is very unlikely you could get british nationality.
Hahahahaha.....in your face Ali1975.

Citizenship Granted!!!!!!

Alienatrix1
Newly Registered

Post by Alienatrix1 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:42 pm

I'm sorry but i had to do that..lol

There are loads of helpful people in this forum who keep you going with their accurate advise and information and keep you upbeat and positive.

And then, there are some absolute loosers..

Do not feel as if you don't have another chance in life if you made a couple of mistake a few years back.

We all do, that's life.

Just make sure you don't fall short of the minimum Requirements etc...and you will be fine..

I was!! And my Convictions weren't exactly a walk in the park either.

stacey112
Newly Registered

CCJ and Caution! Please HELP!!!

Post by stacey112 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:12 pm

I know this has been discussed countless of times but i do need help and i need someone who had the same experience to please give me a genuine answer. OK so my question is?

I Have a caution from 2011 for theft shoplifting so stupid of me i know, and also i have two county court judgement against me for debt? does that automatically disqualify me from been a citizen :( :( :( :( :(

khattak2641
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent Help & Advice Required!!

Post by khattak2641 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:40 pm

Alienatrix1 wrote:Thank in advance for taking the time to read and answer these Questions.

I'm hoping to send in my British Citizenship Application on the 1st of September 2015.

2010 was not a lucky year for me...Attempted Fraud Conviction in Scotland ( Bank Account stupid attempt ) in June 2010 which resulted in 120 Community Service Order due it being a 1st Time Offender.

Completed my 120 within the next 6 months due to work commitments etc.. but as mentioned the Conviction date was June 2010.

August 2010 was given 3 Penalty Points and £100 Fine for CU80 ( Talking on The phone )

September 2010 3 Penalty Points and £100 Fine for SP30.

Because i was a new Driver ( Licence held under 2 Years ) in November 2010 i was told that i had to retake my Driving Licence ( No Bans or anything like that, just had to re-take the test again )

On the 1st of August 2012 i was given 3 Penalty Points for TS10 ( Traffic Lights Offence ) and £100 Fine.

Since then, thank God nothing else has taken place, lol.

On the Application form though, i have only put down the Attempted Fraud Conviction which is " Spent " anyway and also the August 2012 TS10 Offence.

I did not put the 2010 Driving Endorsements due to not knowing the exact dates in 2010 and also DVLA Complete Erases any points after 4 Years anyway.

Should i be mentioning the Driving Endorsements in 2010 or not?

Also on regards of the Attempted Fraud in June 2010, how serious would the Conviction be regarded as?

Any Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Again.
Hi mate I am about to apply myself and i am in a bit of your situation :( ... So i am wondering as you mentioned that you were gonna apply on Sept 2015...So what was the outcome of your application ?