ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help Settlement VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RISHI
Newly Registered

help Settlement VISA

Post by RISHI » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:24 pm

my husband in colombo and applied for the spouse visa.

we got married in the UK and lived together for the last 3 years, have a son {16 months old}.

any one know how long it takes to grant spouse visa in Srilanka?

can we do anything to make it quicker?
Last edited by RISHI on Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

topazstar

Re: help SPOUSE VISA

Post by topazstar » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:19 pm

RISHI wrote:my husband in colombo and applied for the spouse visa in 20 th October .

we got married in the UK and lived together for the last 3 years, have a son {16 months old}.

he applied for the marriage visa in UK in January 2006 but didnot get the decision so he cancelled the application and went to COLOMBO.

My wages is around 1000/ month. I am not sure whether this enough or not.

my son is desperately need his father. he wakes during the nights and calling his dad himself. he is not feeding well and lost weight.

Is there any chance I can send a letter to the embassy about my son? would they tell the decision soon?

can I ask solicitor to write the letter?

please help
If he only applied 20 October then this is not very long. It depends on the timescale they tell you to allow for the spouse visa in Colombo.
If it is a complicated case then really suggest you use an Immigration Lawyer to help you. You will find some on this site. Your £1000 a month should be OK as long as you can prove you are able to sustain yourselves financially and have somewhere to live.
As you married in the UK and have been together for 3 years, then I am sure there is a way for you to be together. I am not experienced on this but hope that others reading your post may be able to give more advice. I know that some people involve their local MP's if their case is one of real hardship.