ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA1/EEA2 - Passport withdrawl for employer

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

siddiqr

EEA1/EEA2 - Passport withdrawl for employer

Post by siddiqr » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:34 pm

Hi All

We submitted our applications, EEA1 and EEA2 together on 3rd Oct. Since then we have received certs of applications. We then received letter asking for my wife's original passport, which we sent as well.

My wife is registered as self-emplyed. Since her business goes in quiter half for next 3 months, she found a job in Harrods for 3 months.

On her induction day, she was asked to produce her original passport. She gave them the application cert with copy of har passport. Harrods sent her home and asked to come back with original passport.

She had no choice but to phone HO and request her passport back. HO advised she can come and collect it next day.

I am concerned if this would impact the outcome of our application in any way?

Or least the clock will be set back to today's date and we would need to re-apply?

Can anyone please help?

Thankinng in advance

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:57 pm

No you won't have to re-apply. EEA applications are not considered withdrawn if the passport is requested back. It won't affect the outcome of the applications, simply post the passport back to the Home Office after she has shown it to Harrods. Just be sure to put the reference number with it so they send it to the right caseworker.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:37 am

She should ask whether the HO needs the passport again. Now that they have seen it, they may not require it again.

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:09 am

If the OP's spouse is the EEA national, true, but if the OP's spouse is the non-EEA national, the HO will need it back to put the residence card endorsement in it. I wasn't sure who made which application lol.

siddiqr

Post by siddiqr » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:31 pm

Thank you yankeegirl.

We sent the apllications together. Today my mrs retrieved her passport and was told it wont impact the application. Also she was told now that it has been seen by casewokere, she doesnt need to return it.

Another issue resolved. Now i hope we get some positive outcome of our application soon.

Thank you all for your help.

Rgds