ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Majid786
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Majid786 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:44 pm

Thanks Younaf for your reply
i have photos with only my wife but no other members is that works?
we have sky bills , g.p letters tenancy agreement on our names but no utility bills because we are living in a room and we donot pay for other bills but just sky is that okay ?
please reply

Majid786
Newly Registered

Post by Majid786 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:47 pm

HI Guys I am just new yo this forum please help me

i am an over stayer and i am married with a british lady and we are living together from many years , we have no kids
i was submitted to home office my application as a partner of british person and home office is asking more documents

1 . photographs
2 . any documents which can demonstrate that you have a family life with your spouse within the UK

I want to know please quickly someone tell me what documents should i send them to show that i have a family life with my british spouse within the UK?

please give me reply i have less days
Thanks
Majid

jupiter2016
Mood:

Post by jupiter2016 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:49 pm

rajmeets20 wrote:hi
i applied for same on 31st march 2015
got refused from home office on 28th june
right to appeal given
First tribunal heard my aper appeal on 17th august and Refused .
Now i am going for Upper tribunal .
my brief history
came to UK 2001 STUDENT
Married 2005 Non EU
TWO KIDS 2006 AND 2009
overstay since 2008 december
applied this year under 7 Year Child rule but no joy so far.
I will be going for oral hearing this time with upper tribunal.
any experience with oral hearing at upper tribunal will be much appreciated.
thanks

jupiter2016
Mood:

Post by jupiter2016 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:51 pm

@ rajmeet and our Moderators , I submitted JR in UT last week , anybody know how long process will take? .

Younaf
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Younaf » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:18 am

we have sky bills , g.p letters tenancy agreement on our names but no utility bills because we are living in a room
They rely on social photos very much, any photos your wedding day photos, photos taken by your friends ask them to send it to you. Your in laws might have some photos Christmas , Eid that's sort of things

Electoral roll letters, along with one you mentioned, holiday receipts, booking reservation receipts. Anything which can link to your relationship with each other,

Hope this helps, good news is your case is under consideration, you should be getting reply in 15 days. Send these docs by recorded first class delivery and keep proof of postage safe.

Younaf
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Younaf » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:11 pm

Has anybody done recent FLRFP application, I have submitted my application on 30th of July 2015. I did receive human rights letter and biometric letter for the previous application.
I actually posted one application on fifth of May 2015. However, I used the wrong form and subsequently paid the wrong fee. Home office contacted me and asked me to pay the difference of £48 to cover the application fee and also pay I HS £500surcharge. After eight weeks they sent the application back along with document bundle and asked me to resubmit the application with new form. Anyways I submitted a new application on 30 July 2015 they Took the money out on fifth of August 2015. At this occasion I never had received acknowledgement letter or a biometric invite.
Now it has been nine weeks and I haven't Heard anything yet.
My case is family life in the UK and I applied as a father of a British citizen i.e. my daughter. They also contacted my employer and stopped me working.
My previous leave was expired in April 2013, they got rejected for HSMP extension, I appealed throughout and got till Permission to apply for judicial review, however it was not granted and I switched to FLRFP after the birth of my daughter.
No has anybody been in my situation? What does anybody know what is the normal processing time of FLR FP ?
Home Office says there is no guidelines for these kind of cases,

Can anybody share their experience??

AliG123

Post by AliG123 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:58 pm

AliG123 wrote:Hi Younaf

My timeline attached and also we don't have any kids.

I'm a new member of this and need some help and advise from you guys as I have been reading this thread from quite sometime and wish if you guys can help me regarding my query.

I have been in the UK from feb 2007, came as a student and changed to Tier 1 General and when I applied for the 3 year extension my visa has been refused on the basis of interview and they said applicant is not credible.

I have appealed to First tier tribunal they refused and appealed to Upper Tribunal but they sent a letter saying they won't change the decision.

I have applied for FLP FP on the basis for family and private life and I had a girlfriend and we got married religiously not the registered marriage.

As I have applied after 28 days run out because of some issues at the time.
I currently don't have right to work and I don't know what to do till then as everyone here is saying it takes months and years to get reply from home office. I don't know what to do in this case. My wife wrote a letter to local mp but no luck and also to HomeOffice and they said they can't give me temporary right to work until application is decided.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Date application sent: 25/04/2015
Date Acknowledgement received: 29/04/2015
Date biometrics letter received : 19/05/2015
Date Biometrics done: 21/05/2015

Many Thanks

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:04 pm

Majid786 wrote:Thanks Younaf for your reply
we have sky bills , g.p letters tenancy agreement on our names but no utility bills because we are living in a room and we donot pay for other bills but just sky is that okay ?
please reply
Hi Majid786...you have to send a letter from your landlord explaining that you live at......address and he pays the bills this is proof for Ho that u don't have any bill letters. Send the sky letters in the last 6months in both you and wife's name. All the best with your application
Godgives

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:13 pm

For those wondering how long it takes for upper tribunal to reply to those who applied for permission to UT it takes 9-12weeks
Godgives

Majid786
Newly Registered

Post by Majid786 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:43 pm

GodGives wrote:
please reply
Hi Majid786...you have to send a letter from your landlord explaining that you live at......address and he pays the bills this is proof for Ho that u don't have any bill letters. Send the sky letters in the last 6 months in both you and wife's name. All the best with your application
Hi and Thanks for your good information

1 .dear sir can you please tell me as i am married with british wife and we are living together i have photos of us only me and my wife but no any other in the photos . so is it ok and demonstrate we have a family life in uk while my wife is british?

2 . any other documents which can demonstrate that you have a family life with your spouse within the UK?
what does this mean ? and which documents should be sent ?

3 whta does family life mean ? i mean if someone is living in the UK with british partner is it enough and is it show they have family life or there must be social or other people with them and then it will show they have family life ?

please reply me as i have less time to send them
Thank you
Majid

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:18 pm

Majid786 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
please reply
Hi Majid786...you have to send a letter from your landlord explaining that you live at......address and he pays the bills this is proof for Ho that u don't have any bill letters. Send the sky letters in the last 6 months in both you and wife's name. All the best with your application

1 .dear sir can you please tell me as i am married with british wife and we are living together i have photos of us only me and my wife but no any other in the photos . so is it ok and demonstrate we have a family life in uk while my wife is british?

2 . any other documents which can demonstrate that you have a family life with your spouse within the UK?

3 whta does family life mean ? i mean if someone is living in the UK with british partner is it enough and is it show they have family life or there must be social or other people with them and then it will show they have family life ?

Thank you
Majid

Get a letter from your GP,that you and your wife are registered there,
A letter from your landlord addressed to both of you,
A letter from your leader at mosque or church,of both of you
Good Luck
You will hear good news from them,don't worry,
If HO will refuse your application,they won't request for more documents.

UK007
Mood:

Post by UK007 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:33 am

Hei guys, how long HO is taking to send acknowledgement letter, biometric letter & decision for FLR(FP) these days ? I need to buy around 6 weeks, from UKVI to apply for my ILR. My employer is asking some kind of letter from UKVI 3 weeks before my visa expiry, so I am thinking If I should apply now ? My visa expires end of this month. I can apply ILR on or after 26 November....

Grecia01
Newly Registered

Post by Grecia01 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:26 am

Majid786 wrote:HI Guys I am just new yo this forum please help me

i am an over stayer and i am married with a british lady and we are living together from many years , we have no kids
i was submitted to home office my application as a partner of british person and home office is asking more documents

1 . photographs
2 . any document which can demonstrate that you have a family life with your spouse within the UK

I want to know please quickly someone tell me what documents should i send them to show that i have a family life with my british spouse within the UK?

please give me reply i have less days
Thanks
Majid
@majid786
Pls I'll like to ask if you can post your timeline. Regarding the dates you applied and got responses from home office. I made an application and I'm yet to get acknowledgement nor biometric for the past 5 weeks. I just want to know how long it took you to get responses.
Regards

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:38 pm

Majid786 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
please reply

Thank you
Majid
Hi Majid

Letters, bills and pictures are the main things you need to send. Also your wife's pay slip for the past six months
Godgives

ojliaa
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ojliaa » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:34 am

solaced wrote:
ojliaa wrote:Just a curtsey message to update all affiliated board members regarding FLR-FP Application on the basis of 7 years old child of both Non-EU Parents.
It has been decided by Home Office on:
Dated:16-09-2015
& Received on
Dated:18-09-2015
Unfortunately, HO refused this FLR-FP Application and granted a right of appeal to FTT on the basis of Human Rights claim. It's mentioned in the refusal letter that Appeal must be lodged to FTT within 14 days.
Any advice would be highly appreciated regarding any new evidences or additional supporting documents and timeline for hearing date in the FTT now-a-days.
At the end, I also would like to say a bundle of Thanks to Obie (Moderator) who provided a great encouragement and kind guidance at every step to prepare the FLR-FP Application.
Best Regards
Ojliaa
Hi Ojliaa ! Could you advise what documents did you submit for applying for flr(FP) on 7 years basis. Many tanks
Hi! solaced,
Firstly, just to let you know that we both parents are Non-EU and we provided the long list of all following documents relevant to our circumstances with this FLR-FP Application on the basis of 7 years old child. Secondly, please must read Section-15 regarding all concerning documents of the FLR-FP Application.

1.All passports (current & previous) for each applicant (main applicant & all dependants)

2.Biometrics Residence Permit (BRP) for each family member.

3.Two passport size photos for each applicant.

4.Bank statements (& payslips) for last 3 months.

5.Six items as proof of address upto 2/7 years.

6.Marriage certificate.

7.Evidence to support our claim that me & my spouse (partner) with children can't live together outside the UK.

8.Doctor's/Hospital letters of each family especially for children of same postal/home address.

9.School/Nursery letters of each child's name on it for home address.

10.WHO report (+social worker report) for insurmountable circumstances about our origin country.

11.Council tax letters/bills for each year upto seven+ years.

12.All utility bills of gas/electricity/water & home phone like virgin media etc.

13.All P60 forms for each year.

14.Birth certificates with parent's names on it for all children.

15.All documents/progress reports from the school for children.

16. Tenancy agreement documents for all years.

17.Pictures with friend's family and letters which support the FLR-FP Application.

I hope it will help and all the best of luck! Keep remember in your prayers
Cheers. Ojliaa

ojliaa
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ojliaa » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:10 am

WaheedIqbal wrote:
solaced wrote:
ojliaa wrote:Just a curtsey message to update all affiliated board members regarding FLR-FP Application on the basis of 7 years old child of both Non-EU Parents.
& Received on
Unfortunately, HO refused this FLR-FP Application and granted a right of appeal to FTT on the basis of Human Rights claim. It's mentioned in the refusal letter that Appeal must be lodged to FTT within 14 days.
Any advice would be highly appreciated regarding any new evidences or additional supporting documents and timeline for hearing date in the FTT now-a-days.
At the end, I also would like to say a bundle of Thanks to Obie (Moderator) who provided a great encouragement and kind guidance at every step to prepare the FLR-FP Application.
Best Regards
Ojliaa
Hi Ojliaa ! Could you advise what documents did you submit for applying for flr(FP) on 7 years basis. Many tanks
hi ojliaa
I have the same case of 7 years child , i was refused and lodged an appeal on 25 auguest 2015, I got the hearing date on 21 june 2016.
Hi WaheedIqbal,
First of all, thanks for sharing your case on this board for all other relevant board members. Many best wishes for you! Would you please mention about your timeline & brief case history in the UK.
Regarding my case, we were refused on 16th of September 2015 & received refusal letters on 18th of September 2015. So now we have sent our appeal forms to First Tier Tribunal on Dated:30-09-2015. And still waiting for their further reply.
Cheers. Ojliaa

WaheedIqbal
Newly Registered

Post by WaheedIqbal » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:34 pm

[quote=.
ojliaa wrote:
Just a curtsey message to update all affiliated board members regarding FLR-FP Application on the basis of 7 years old child of both Non-EU Parents.
& Received on
Best Regards
Ojliaa
hi ojliaa
I have the same case of 7 years child , i was refused and lodged an appeal on 25 auguest 2015, I got the hearing date on 21 june 2016.[/quote]
Hi WaheedIqbal,
First of all, thanks for sharing your case on this board for all other relevant board members. Many best wishes for you! Would you please mention about your timeline & brief case history in the UK.
Regarding my case, we were refused on 16th of September 2015 & received refusal letters on 18th of September 2015. So now we have sent our appeal forms to First Tier Tribunal on Dated:30-09-2015. And still waiting for their further reply.
Cheers. Ojliaa[/quote]
hi ojliaa
brief history
came on student on 04/08/2004 and kept on extending student untill oct 2009. wife joiined me as a student dependant in july2007. first child born in May 2008, 2nd in april 2010 , 3rd in November 2011.
appleied for extention in 2009 which was refused in january 2010 exhausted the appel rights untill 2011, received IS96 in2011 going regularly for signing, in MAY 2012 FLR O but never recieved any reply untill my eldest child turned 7 years in MAY 2015, applied FLR FP in june 2015 refused in August 2015 , with the appleal rights, Lodged an appeal on 25 auguest 2015 received reply on 11sep 2015 and my hearing date is 21 june 2016.

Hashim
Newly Registered

Post by Hashim » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:28 am

Hi just to let everyone know, my wife has been granted 10 years leave to remain via the FLR FP route.

We submitted the application on 16th July 2015, she submitted her biometrics on 1st August and received her BRP on 5th October.

I have gone through a lot to get this sorted, I really want to help anyone else in a similar situation or about to go through. So let me know please.

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:31 pm

Hi everyone

Yesterday I received a letter from HO, affirming my winning appeal and that they hope to implement judge’s decision.

However, I was asked to send our passports to Post Decision Case Unit in Sheffield. Passports were not returned with the HO refusal letter back in 2013, which means the passports are still with them.

I have written back to them to explain this. They didn't say how long it will take before our visas and documents are sent to us. Anyone knows how long t usually takes post decision unit to issue visa?

Thanks
priscaltony wrote:Hello everyone

Here we go, the timeline of my long fought visa battle and hopefully is has now ended (Lets hope)

Immigration history

Came here on a visiting visa in 2006 with my 2 kids
changed to a student dependant in 2007
Gave birth to my 3rd child in 2007
Student visa until 2010
Changed visa in 2010 to post study work
Post study work visa until 2012
Just before the rules changed in 2012, made a family visa on form flro in 2012
Visa refused in 2013 with a right of appeal
Appeal listed for February 2014 and withdrawn on the same day by the HO
A new refusal letter in June 2014 with another right of appeal
2nd appeal held in August 2014 but refused
Appeal to First Tier Tribunal (FT) to fo to Upper Tribunal (UT)
Appeal granted in Sept.2014 to UT
Appeal held in June 2015
Appeal allowed and decision was communicated verbally on the day
Detrmination letter received in August 2015
Waiting time passed, but hey you never can predict HO
I am strongly trying to believe everything has now ended and closer to the end of the whole saga.
So yeah! That is it, we have used solicitor all the way and we were not awarded any fees.

missdrine
Newly Registered

Post by missdrine » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:52 pm

Hi everyone,

- Student visa in 2010
- Extended student visa to further education
- Applied FLR FP in January 2015
- Refused in March 2015 with right to appeal
- Oral hearing was in September 2015
- Appeal was allowed and now am waiting ...

PS: I don't have any children, applied under unmarried partner and never breached any law.

solaced

Post by solaced » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:22 pm

ojliaa wrote:
solaced wrote:
& Received on
Best Regards
Ojliaa
Hi! solaced,
Firstly, just to let you know that we both parents are Non-EU and we provided the long list of all following documents relevant to our circumstances with this FLR-FP Application on the basis of 7 years old child. Secondly, please must read Section-15 regarding all concerning documents of the FLR-FP Application.

1.All passports (current & previous) for each applicant (main applicant & all dependants)

2.Biometrics Residence Permit (BRP) for each family member.

3.Two passport size photos for each applicant.

4.Bank statements (& payslips) for last 3 months.

5.Six items as proof of address upto 2/7 years.

6.Marriage certificate.

7.Evidence to support our claim that me & my spouse (partner) with children can't live together outside the UK.

8.Doctor's/Hospital letters of each family especially for children of same postal/home address.

9.School/Nursery letters of each child's name on it for home address.

10.WHO report (+social worker report) for insurmountable circumstances about our origin country.

11.Council tax letters/bills for each year upto seven+ years.

12.All utility bills of gas/electricity/water & home phone like virgin media etc.

13.All P60 forms for each year.

14.Birth certificates with parent's names on it for all children.

15.All documents/progress reports from the school for children.

16. Tenancy agreement documents for all years.

17.Pictures with friend's family and letters which support the FLR-FP Application.

I hope it will help and all the best of luck! Keep remember in your prayers
Cheers. Ojliaa
Hi dear Ojilaa !
Thank you so much for your detailed reply. Those who help others, God helps them in return. God bless you & your family.

solaced

Post by solaced » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:34 pm

Hashim wrote:Hi just to let everyone know, my wife has been granted 10 years leave to remain via the FLR FP route.

We submitted the application on 16th July 2015, she submitted her biometrics on 1st August and received her BRP on 5th October.

I have gone through a lot to get this sorted, I really want to help anyone else in a similar situation or about to go through. So let me know please.
Hi Hashim !
Could you tell us about your case? Did you apply under a 7 years child concession category or under British spouse category. Thanks

skyline24
Newly Registered

Post by skyline24 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:27 am

Hashim wrote:Hi just to let everyone know, my wife has been granted 10 years leave to remain via the FLR FP route.

congratulations hashem .. best wishes
just a question : did you pay full amount for this application ? :?:
thanks

Younaf
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Younaf » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:27 pm

Hashim wrote:
Hello Hashim

Can you please share her timeline, was she overstayed during her residency at any time? How long did it take from her arrival in the UK till the approval of FLR FP

Many thanks

AliG123

Post by AliG123 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:49 pm

Hello Everyone hope you are doing well.

Please shed some light on my case and give me some advice as it will be 6 months on 25th of this month since I applied for my FLR fp application.

As currently I don't have Right to work in the Uk it's getting very difficult for us to survive here.

Can I do something else apart waiting from my end so HO takes the decision on my case.

Case History:

I have been in the UK from feb 2007, came as a student and changed to Tier 1 General and when I applied for the 3 year extension my visa has been refused on the basis of interview and they said applicant is not credible.

I have appealed to First tier tribunal they refused and appealed to Upper Tribunal but they sent a letter saying they won't change the decision.

I have applied for FLP FP on the basis for family and private life and I had a girlfriend and we got married religiously not the registered marriage.

As I have applied after 28 days run out because of some issues at the time.I currently don't have right to work and I don't know what to do till then as everyone here is saying it takes months and years to get reply from home office. I don't know what to do in this case. My wife wrote a letter to local mp but no luck and also to HomeOffice and they said they can't give me temporary right to work until application is decided.

HO requested for my updated passport in June which was expired while with HO. So we requested for return of original passport so we can renew and return but haven't heard anything after that.

We have made numerous calls and letters to Case Worker but never got any response from them. They don't even communicate clearly how long it will take?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Date application sent: 25/04/2015
Date Acknowledgement received: 29/04/2015
Date biometrics letter received : 19/05/2015
Date Biometrics done: 21/05/2015
Decision: Waiting

Many Thanks in advance.